1/29 Blue 183 AMPS

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Patty and Blue GA & Brat, Jan 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Patty and Blue GA & Brat Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/1-25-blue-128-ambg.242059/

Morning.

I gave Blue a micro-drop this morning. I saw it on the tip and it went back into the
    needle so this was the amount I used. Hopefully he got it. He was at 183 this
    morning so I'll check him again to see where he is.

My niece is not doing well again. Her pneumonia is worse in one of her lungs. They
    started her back on IV antibiotics. The line keeps blowing. This is such a terrible
    disease. I'm so worried about her and my sister.

2. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

I just checked again and he's down to 79 +2

3. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for you niece. Covid is cruel. Very much hoping she can recover :bighug:

Great job with Blue :cat: Hope your other kitties are feeling okay too :bighug:

4. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Covid does seem to be hard to get rid of once it sets into your lungs. I'm very worried but hope she can stay
    strong. Thank you for the prayers.

Brat is much better and is gaining weight and Teddy is doing better on his thyroid medicine. Blue is much better.
    It's pretty crazy around here, with 4 cats on medicine. I'm not that organized but getting there.

You look like you're on a roll and in the green. Congrats.

JaxBenji likes this.
  5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry that your niece s not doing well. Is. She Sally’s daughter? I’m sending prayers. You have a lot to handle. I’m glad all your patients are doing well.

Any reaction to the vaccine? I have a very red and hot arm. My brother, sister, and sister-in-law have not had any reaction.

6. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

No, she’s my older sister Sue’s daughter. They finally got a line in to give her antibiotics. Her oxygen had to go up to 8.
    Tonight it’s down again. It’s such a rollercoaster ride. I have a couple of other friends going through this. It’s really frightening when you get a bad case. I’m so happy to have started on the vaccine.
    My arm is very sore but ice helps. Maybe that would help your arm and if you have Benedryl. If it doesn’t improve you might want to call where you got the vaccine or your doctor. That’s why I signed up at V-safe. They ask a series of questions like red or sore arm, headache, etc.
    That must be uncomfortable.

7. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Patty,

What news on Stephanie? I've heard many callers to my regular radio station report that symptoms can wax and wane for a while. Glad they managed to place the IV. I hope she's doing better today and that things keep going in the right direction.

:bighug:

Mogs

8. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Hi Mogs.
    Today her oxygen level dropped to 75 so her oxygen had to go up to 8. She has been able to lower it since then. They put in a permanent IV line since they have had so much trouble. I'm not sure I know what that is but I know for chemotherapy they put in a port. When Tara did her Stem Cell Transplant they put something in her neck that stayed. It's like surgery to place those so I'm not sure what they're talking about.
    The nurse told her others that went up and down like this just suddenly got better. I think that made her happy.
    I'm getting ready to feed the gang. I did start Blue on a micro drop of insulin. Everyone is doing pretty well but Mia has something like allergies or a cold. I started her on a natural supplement but I may have to take her to the vet next week. :rolleyes:

What's up with you and your Bug? Is she eating? Did you take her to the vet?

9. tiffmaxee

Sorry your niece isn’t doing as well. I hope that turns around soon.

Blue is looking good on a drop.

10. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

He's at 82 tonight so I'm thinking about skipping. What do you think?

Oh, how is your arm?

11. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

If I was in the same situation I'd skip, Patty. Other members may have different views.

Mogs

12. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

I'm skipping. I looked back at my old SS and I think he would drop too far if I gave him insulin.

You and bug ok?

Critter Mom likes this.
  13. tiffmaxee

I see you decided to skip. So you will see what once a day drop dosing does for him. Good info to have.

My arm is less red now but still sore. How’s yours?

14. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

It's still sore. My sister said she got chilled today. I think it scared her but did stop. I'm thinking it could be from the vaccine
    since it happened once and then nothing.

15. tiffmaxee

Are all of you ok? How’s your niece?

16. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Yes, almost. Layla was peeing blood this morning. I took her in and she has a UTI. They did
    blood work because she's lost a pound since she was in 6 months ago. Blue and Brat are good.
    Blue has his chemo this Thursday.

Just did my V-safe check-in. No problems, you?

Stephanie is okay. He chest x-ray didn't change so no better but not worse. She feels better
    so that's a positive. Her oxygen levels are better until she gets up to move around. It dropped
    to 80 this morning but it came back quickly with oxygen. We are optimistic but with Covid things
    can change rapidly.

Critter Mom likes this.
  17. tiffmaxee

I’m glad Stephanie is holding and feeling better and you have had no side effects. I’m back to normal as well.
    Geeze. Now all your cats are getting meds? I hope Blue doesn’t get any side effects from the chemo tomorrow.

18. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Blue's chemo is on Thursday. He's doing so much better since his last chemo that I'm thinking
    he won't be as sick. I will tell them about the high fever because that scares me.
    Layla is laying next to me. I think she's feeling better. She ate a little tonight. Brat is still doing
    well. Teddy is coming along. I'm the home health care of cats!!!

Stephanie is still doing pretty well. They said they would talk about her going home in a couple of days.
    She has to sleep downstairs, will be on oxygen, have home nurses and a physical therapist coming to the house.
    They said it would take 6 to 8 weeks for her to convalesce. They don't know yet about damage to
    her lungs. Covid causes scarring in your lungs. I hope she doesn't have permanent damage. They
    told her she wouldn't have gone home if she was 10 years older. She's lucky to have survived.
    Thanks for the prayers. :bighug:

tiffmaxee and Critter Mom like this.
  19. tiffmaxee

That all sounds pretty good. How old is Stephanie? That will be so good for her to come home. Prayers that it’s soon and that Blue does well tomorrow and doesn’t have any side effects.

20. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Stephanie is 47 and the first of my mom's grandchildren. She's so special to all of us. She's still a baby to me. :)

Critter Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.