1/26 MooCAT Need Advice-No Insulin 36 hrs AT2

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Moocat, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Moocat

Moocat Member

2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I think he's still in a bounce and I have a feeling he will come down today. I wouldn't want to give insulin if I think he will come down on his own.

Barbara & Uncle (GA) and Moocat like this.
  3. Moocat

Moocat Member

Thanks Mandy & Rex,
    I tested for ketones this morning and we are good on that front -neg for ketones. I am thinking I may wait it out another cycle and see what comes up on his tests.

4. majandra

majandra Well-Known Member

How much do you feed him in one sitting?

5. Moocat

Moocat Member

He usually only eats about 1-1.5 oz at a time. On occasion he'll eat 2oz. I feed him as much as he wants. He likes to eat every couple of hours. When I use a timed feeder I make each meal about 1-1.5 oz.
    This morning I gave him an oz. He ate it and returned for another 1/2 oz. 15 min later.

6. majandra

majandra Well-Known Member

That's perfect :)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) and Moocat like this.
  7. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) Well-Known Member

Good morning :bighug:
    I too think MooMoo is probably still in a bounce. If you take a look at the pattern from 1/18 where he went down to 57, he bounced for about 7 cycles before starting to come down. The numbers after that day were very similar to what we are seeing now (even without insulin).
    If you are still up for continuing this experiment, I would continue to wait out the bounce.
    I'm glad you are testing for Ketones and happy to hear they are negative

Moocat likes this.
  8. Moocat

Moocat Member

Yes, I am going to wait it out and keep testing. I just looked at the spreadsheet and see what you mean. I'll keep updating my spread sheet as I test and see what happens.

Barbara & Uncle (GA) likes this.
  9. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

I think it's good that you're taking this day by day, evaluating what you see Moo doing and how you feel about waiting it out.
    Since this an experiment, we're in uncharted waters a bit. Again the main thing at this point is to avoid ketones.

Mandy & Rex (GA) and Moocat like this.
  10. Moocat

Moocat Member

Yes, Barbara and Uncle, I'm glad I've got you and everyone here on FDMB giving me their feedback. My first inclination was to give him a shot just because the numbers are in yellow and pinks, so being able to reach out and get the advice and support helps me to gather more data on what is happening since it seems Moomoo's case is somewhat atypical. If I gave him a shot and he went super low again, I would regret not gathering more data.

11. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

I think all of us on this journey with you and Moo are thinking along the same lines.

Just an FYI, I think the Sticky on Bounces says a typical bounce lasts 6 cycles - of course that isn't a set in stone but it does give you a general idea of how long it might take to see Moo start to drop from it.

Moocat likes this.
  12. Moocat

Moocat Member

I have a question regarding the
    I have a question regarding testing- Moo likes to graze a bit so sometimes when I'm trying to wait a few hours after a full meal to test, he will get up and eat a little bit. usually no more -than 1/2-1oz. Is that a problem? For example- he ate 1 oz at 8:00 a.m. and then ate another 1/2 oz at 8:15 then took a nap and ate another 1/2 oz at 10:00 am. And now he wants more food. When should I test?

13. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

No, eating in between PS and +10 is not a problem. Have you tried testing at +3 after the PS time to see if the number came down?

14. Moocat

Moocat Member

I just tested at +2 last meal 815 am his bg 276. ETA and then he ate another oz of food. Just now

15. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Watching from the sidelines with fingers crossed Moo keeps dropping on his own! :)

Moocat and Barbara & Uncle (GA) like this.
  16. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

IMHO since you have not given insulin for 4 cycles and you are experimenting with waiting for the bounce to break, there is no need to test a lot throughout the day for any kind of dropping numbers unless
    a) you are just curious :cat:
    or b) you are afraid Moo is going too high for your comfort zone and you are contemplating starting up insulin again at PMPS tonight

Moocat likes this.
  17. Moocat

Moocat Member

Just curious for now. I thought maybe it would be good to see a few values along the way. I am not as worried about the highs if they are similar to the highs on insulin

18. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Cool, I would be curious too. Just wanted to reassure you if you wanted to give Moo's ears a break :bighug:

19. Moocat

Moocat Member

I'd like to give him a break too! I'm only going to do a couple tests because I'm leaving around +5 and won't be home until around+11

20. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Won't it be nice to leave the house without worrying about MooCat pulling some shenanigans! :woot:

21. Moocat

Moocat Member

Oh my , yes ! no butterflies in the stomach as I pull out of the driveway is what I need right now!:cat: