1/23 Ruby PMPS 97

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Katherine&Ruby, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Yesterday we had a mini PJ party, the first in several weeks. Might this be a sign that Ruby's bored of this dose finally?

Healing thoughts to all of the sick kitties and hugs to you beans who love them so. Happy CATURDAY! :bighug:

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 7.21.03 AM.png

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Oh that's cute! Reminds me of the day Luci fell off the windowsill and landed on a surge protector and broke her little foot! Poor kitties!

Hope you can get a nap today!

Have a good one :)

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  3. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Surf safely, Ruby! And stay safe around the house too ;) FWIW, if Jax is in the 50s, I test every 30 minutes, especially if I'm feeding low carb - perhaps something to consider next time! Have a wonderful day, Katherine!

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad Ruby came up for you last night. I hope she surfs safely today.

5. Katherine&Ruby

Thanks, Susanne. In the past I have, but last night I wanted to see how much she wanted the reduction. Ordinarily I'm fighting to keep her up with teaspoons of HC when she's in the 50s, but something has shifted in the past few weeks and now she comes up real easily.

6. Lina and Simba

Lina and Simba Member

Looks like Ruby is testing the waters for a dose reduction... :cat: fingers crossed for that to happen soon!

Happy caturday!

7. Katherine&Ruby

Ouch! Poor little Luci! They have so many bones in their feet!

8. Katherine&Ruby

Thanks, Lina. Have been waiting for it, rather impatiently, I might add!

Lina and Simba likes this.
  9. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Morning Katherine, looking good Ruby girl. I hope she surfs safely today.
    Cute pic, reminds me of my sweet Perry, Tyler's brother he was like a flying machine
    He would jump onto the stove, then onto the frig, from there fly across to the kitchen table. .I miss him so!
    Have a great day Katherine and kisses for Ruby ♥:bighug::bighug::cat:

10. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

oh these kitties and their bird envy!
    have a great caturday, katherine.

11. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

My only worry would be what if she wasn't going to come up easily from that 52? I've fed Butters higher carb food in the 50s and then 30 minutes later I've checked and she has dropped <50, even when I expected her numbers to zoom up because I hadn't had to fight to get her numbers up in a while. ECID and all that, though!

I'd also wonder if it was possible for Ruby to drop back into the 50s later on? That's another fun game that Butters likes to play:rolleyes:. Her BG is in the low 50s, I feed her, she zooms up to the 70s or 80s, then a couple of hours later she is back in the 50s:arghh:.
    Paws are crossed here for more lower green numbers like what you had yesterday!:bighug:

12. Katherine&Ruby

PMPS = 97. Another nice green start to the evening.

13. Katherine&Ruby

Hi Lyla, As I said, I was waiting to see if she really wanted a reduction, or else I would usually check a number below 55 again shortly after. I fed her and she came back up to a much higher number an hour later. She was in no danger and I don't think I was being complacent. If she stayed flat at +5, I would have fed and tested again until I was sure she was going up without the aid of food. Regarding dropping back into the 50s later, she hasn't done that to me too much, only once or twice looking back on the data I've collected. Granted, I don't get as many late cycle tests in at night as I should because I need the few hours of sleep that she allows me (especially in wintertime!) but I'm fairly confident from the tests I've done and the hours I've spent staring at her numbers that these days she nadirs between +3 and +5 and doesn't do much in the way of dramatic late cycle dives à la Butters <<anti-jinx!!>>. I dunno. Maybe y'all are more committed cat moms than me.

14. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

I'm all for feeding LC to see if kitty wants a reduction, but I would have still tested after 30 minutes to make sure she was rising. We actually don't know if Ruby dipped <50 and then bounced or if she rose with the LC. @Butters & Lyla make lots of good points above too - we were both taught from others here that generally kitty is safe if they go two hours without food without dropping down - it can definitely make for long nights but it helps keep kitty safe :bighug:

tiffmaxee likes this.
  15. Katherine&Ruby

Ok, I get it. I think I've been scolded enough here. I know what to do now, thank you.

16. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I don’t think that anyone is scolding you. They were just worried. I recently decided it was time to stop propping up a cat here with hc and lc and so she shot a low number. The cat went down to 32 in 30 minutes! We got her up and then she kept dropping under 50 after seeming to be well into 60’s. It happens when not expected. Sometimes we think we know what our own cat will do and they totally change. Please don’t be offended.

JaxBenji and Butters & Lyla like this.