1/21 ZoRRo AMPS 98, +1 113

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Xara Kakarantza, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

Good morning from us.

It seems that we have a steady course in numbers and nothing changes.
    I see the numbers are the same. It seems as if it has found the ideal dose and works steadily.
    I do not know if I should be happy or disappointed that we do not fall below 50 to continue the reductions and it has thrown me psychologically.

What is your opinion?

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

He is seeing good numbers. Sometimes they slow down a bit and you have to take their dose up for a short while before they resume downwards momentum. I don't think it has come to that as yet with Zorro. Let us give it 10 cycles on this dose and evaluate.

Also, dropping below 50 is not the only way you earn a reduction. Even staying in normal numbers for a week earns a reduction.

"Newly diagnosed diabetics
    - less than one year since diagnosis
    • reduction *earned* after a single drop below 50 mg/dL and following TR, or
    • reduction *earned* after 3 drops between 40 - 50 mg/dL on three separate days for kitties who have shown they do not hold reductions well and following TR, or
    • reduction *earned* when the cat regularly has its lowest BGs in the normal range of a healthy cat (50 - 80 mg/dL) and stays under 100 mg/dl overall for at least one week and following TR."

Look at this SS. Reductions are now once a week without falling below 50:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...mPldCL2zOzzolQR8CnLKrz4CthDU9g8CG6OC7/pubhtml

Xara Kakarantza likes this.
  3. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

Oh! Thank you for sending me this ss, to get courage, because I had started to feel bad!
    I felt fear and frustration at the same time.

I can belong to the 3rd category and I have to complete a week ..!
    However ... What numbers are an indication of a dose increase?

4. Bandit's Mom

I can understand your frustration and worry. But sometimes things go a little slower and then suddenly start going fast.

You will need to increase if his numbers start moving up over all. There is no specific number like in a reduction. I don't see the need to increase yet. I think his numbers were a little higher Jan 17th and Jan 18th because of those limes/lows on Jan 16th night. If you see, his numbers are better on Jan 19th and Jan 20th. I think he will earn a reduction soon - either by a drop below 50 or by staying in normal numbers for a week :bighug:

5. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

Thank you very much Bhooma!
    My psychology sucks today, sorry!
    I see everything impossible, suddenly.

Thanks for your support:bighug:

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  6. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

Zorro's SS is looking great!

Are you feeling like this because you are seeing other cats zooming into remission?
    If you are, I understand your feeling. ;) But compared to a lot of ther kitties stories I have seen Zorro is doing awesome!

7. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

Sincere thanks for the support!
    Yes, I feel like I am chasing the dream and it keeps escaping me ..! I think the biggest fear of all of us, at this stage, is for the numbers to start all over again and for this nightmare not to end!
    He is very tired himself with the frequent measurements and every day he makes it even more difficult for me to refuse and I chase him, because he has to if he can !!
    They are all together!
    24 hours with two cats, less sleep, closed house constantly and at the same time to work. I'm running out too!
    As if I have baby children ... each with his own needs!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  8. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

I know :bighug: It is so very tiring. But for me, It is an exhausting job that I hope to have for a long time.... I don't want to consider the alternative.
    One day at a time, but celebrate today for the lovely numbers zorro are having!

9. Lina and Simba

Lina and Simba Member

Zorro is doing great and so are you! :bighug: He has improved so much in such a little amount of time.. I am sure you will earn another reduction sooner rather than later. All the best for you both :cat:

10. Bandit's Mom

The other thing you may or may not have noticed is that he now has more green pre-shot values.

Can you see if feeding him at +9 or +9.5 and not at +10 makes a difference?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  11. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

I understand completely how you feel, Xara! Ruby and I have been stuck on .25 units for close to two weeks now. She had such momentum in December, making me panic almost every week with a reduction, and then boom, we hit a wall and have slowed down a lot. It's gotten boring, I miss the thrill of chasing those reductions! We are now at .25 units and the end is so near, I can feel it, but the numbers are not in our favor yet.

Bhooma is right, you are getting more green preshots which is hard. Ruby needs more of those as well. So there is a bright side for you! We all need bigger patience pants! :bighug:

Xara Kakarantza and Bandit's Mom like this.
  12. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I made this mistake in advising Susanne. It’s too soon to feed at +9. Wendy had her remove that snack. Better at this point to feed during the first 6 hours of the cycle unless dropping.

13. tiffmaxee

Zorro is looking really good. I almost suggested a bump up to get him in a lower range until I saw the 63 today. Don’t compare him to those that are in the fast track. That doesn’t happen so often. I guarantee many here would give anything to have your ss numbers.

14. Bandit's Mom

She had said in an earlier post that she is not able to withhold food food for long stretches of time. He likes to be fed every 2-3 hours. So figured, better +9 than +10.

15. Bandit's Mom

I'm one of them! :p

16. tiffmaxee

Ok. The earlier in the cycle the better.

Xara Kakarantza and Bandit's Mom like this.
  17. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

Thank you all for answering me and giving me such a smile, as soon as I opened my updates !!!!:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Today I made sure to go out with my best friend, to calm down, to take a little distance and to regain my strength, so that I can continue!

Well .. Zorro does not fast for more than 2 hours. This happens morning - night! So I make sure to always feed him 2 hours before the ps! You are also right that he has made great progress, very fast and now I have to respect his times and wait for the slowdown!

I had happened to see ss, only with a quick recession and that scared me a lot, that we will get stuck !!
    But it is not like that, as I saw in the ss that Bhooma sent me in the morning !!
    However, what impresses me is that at ps, it is now constantly green while at +1, +2 it turns blue and then falls again.

In two days, if we continue like this, as I understood, I will reduce the dose and then we will see ...

Lina and Simba likes this.
  18. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

I feel your anxiety !!! :bighug:
    You are doing well too !!! Take deep breaths and strength !!
    We will make it!!:)

Katherine&Ruby likes this.