1/2 Scruffy OTJ trial day 8 am =92, pm 92

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Teela Brown, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teela Brown

Teela Brown Member

Wow - we have made it to day 8 already! I cannot believe it. I am optimistic, but of course still hesitant we are going to make it through the trial.

Yesterday's Thread

Still no poops! I am going to give my vet a call today and see what he recommends. I have been slipping the olive oil into his Friskies. I am not sure how long it should take to work through.

If, by chance, he was constipated going into the vet - they would have noticed, right?

ARG! Does anyone else ever feel like their entire lives revolve around being stressed out about their cats!? :roll:

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 1/2 Scruffy OTJ trial day 8 am =92

Good luck at the vets Teela!

and ya - my cat or should I say - cats, run everything around here.

keep us posted later - and happy day 8!

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

CATS??? What CATS??? LOLOL
    uh....what is this 'life" you mentioned....what is a "life"?????
    Do they sell them at WalMart? :lol:

Nice going on this beautiful Day 8 for Scruffy!!! If he is 92 without pooping, THAT is a good thing!
    When the poops depart, watch out!!!

4. Lynee and Max

Lynee and Max Member

Looking very good for Day 8 with no juice. Constipation will make them a little higher than normal. What that poop passes - wheeeeeeee :lol: I'm with Pat on the what life situation. If it doesn't involve Walmart, I know nothing about it

5. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Oh yeah, Morris rules my life too! :lol:

I gave Morris olive oil awhile ago when he hadn't gone in a few days....it worked in about 2 days. Now he won't eat his food if I put oil on it so I started giving him Miralax. That works great but it took about 2-3 days before it worked. I was giving him 1/8 tsp twice a day as Dr. Lisa recommended but he's been having loose stools lately so I've cut back to 1/8 tsp once every other day.

The Miralax is available in any drugstore, even the supermarket drug aisle. The smallest bottle was about $8 and should last over a year at the rate I'm using it...it's worth a try if Scruffy gets constipated often.

And BTW, speaking of Scruffy, he is doing just fantastic! :mrgreen:

6. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Congrats on day 8!! I use olive oil And miralax & the kitties go every day...This happened to my civvie where he didnt poop for 3 days--Vet simply examined his tummy pressing on it a bit, & wow--out came the poops!!
    Hope you get some, try the miralax-it works!

7. Teela Brown

Teela Brown Member

Ooooh so I talked to my vet and he said Scruffy's Fructosamine came back as 228. So totally NOT diabetic. I am really excited about that.

He recommended Tonic Lax - a hairball remedy. So he is not at all worried.

Ok so with the olive oil, it took you guys a couple days. Alright so nothing to worry about :) I can be calm now. Scruffy doesnt seem bothered so, I can prolly relax! hahaha

Scruffy has been SO social since he got back home. I cannot believe it. It is like having my old kitty back! YAY

8. Teela Brown

Teela Brown Member

YAY we gots some poops! hahah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.