1/16 Ruby AMPS 118/+3 146/+6 130/+9 91/PMPS 86/+3 66

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Katherine&Ruby, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/1-15-ruby-amps-194-3-144-6-168-pmps-137-3-96.257895/

I was thinking about increasing Ruby's dose this morning but then I saw her AMPS and wondered how low she might have gone last night. Also treated her for fleas so perhaps that will have some effect on her BGs though they don't seem to bother her as much as Olive who has been licking and scratching herself a lot over the past week. Vacuumed the two rugs we have and will be washing all bedding today. Hopefully I reacted in time and the infestation won't be as bad as it was before. Sigh.

Hope everyone has a beautiful Sunday. :bighug:

2. Katherine&Ruby

Morning Auntie Diane!
    I have a few choice words to say about the fleas, but I will keep this polite! :eek: They are programmed to survive, and can live for years buried in stuff. Who knows how this happened again, but I am armed and ready this time to keep them at bay! I probably should keep treating the cats with Advantage even if I don't see the fleas and not get complacent about it. I also slathered myself with anti-bite cream last night to discourage the $%^&*!

I will take Ruby to the vet tomorrow. Hopefully Adequan will make her feel and poop better. She did poop last night, but they were small and hard poops since I stopped the Lactulose. Added some freeze dried pumpkin to her meal this morning to soften things up without too much bulk.

It's been brutal! I had to commute to work yesterday and it was not fun! I was bundled like an Eskimo. :rolleyes:

Stay warm today, Diane! :bighug:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
    Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  3. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

That may be a rough trip to the vet tomorrow unless you can drive in a car!

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  4. Katherine&Ruby

There will be snow then rain this evening but it will be over by tomorrow. It will be very windy though. I used to live within walking distance of the vet, but now I will have to take Ruby in a car. It's been a while since we dragged her to a doctor. She won't be happy about it.

5. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

I think the storm has now passed us here. The rain has stopped and the winds have quieted down a lot. It’s 37 and these Georgia people are freezing! They might have actually had to put on long pants! When we lived in California (Central Coast - Ventura County) the people would say, “It’s freezing!” Whenever it dropped below about 55. Of course, it never really got above about 75 there either so we liked that a lot! My family from Florida came for a visit and said it was cold! They filmed that TV series Baywatch in Malibu just a few miles from where we lived and my sister-in-law said she felt sorry for them having to film in their bathing suits (what there was of them!) in such cold weather!

6. Katherine&Ruby

I grew up in New York but I don't like cold. I prefer to hibernate in the winter. In another life I was probably a SoCal gal!

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  7. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Oh I really could have called the fleas worse, but I would have been kicked off of here.
    I just feel awful for all of you. At least you caught them early and are armed and ready to get rid of the little bast**d's
    Stay nice and slathered up, I remember they really did like you!
    Thank god we aren't getting a snow storm, I'm already sick of the snow
    I really hope the adequan helps Ruby.
    I hope Ruby stays calm on the ride to the vet.
    You stay warm too,
    Good idea about treating Ruby and Olive with the flea treatment all year round
    Poor babies. Let us know how the vet appt goes :bighug::bighug::bighug::cat:

8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry you're having to deal with fleas again. I hope you get rid of them soon. I hope Ruby's vet visit goes well tomorrow. Sending prayers.

9. Katherine&Ruby

Lowest preshot on this higher dose of 2.75. Hope there will be more greens to come!
    Thanks, Carla! You were really helpful to me the first time around. I will never forget your plastic bag with the vacuum bag in it full of fleas story! :stop:

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  10. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Nice +9 and PMPS :cat:

11. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

I just could not resist commenting on how cold California can be, please forgive me. :p This Washington born and raised girl went down to Palm Springs to watch a tennis tournament. During the day, it was super hot and dry, but for the night matches,
    nobody in our party understood how cold it gets in the high dessert so we all had on shorts and t shirts and naturally when the temperatures plummeted, most of the people in the stands rushed to the on ground sales floor for warm sweatshirts and sweat pants and jackets. Those sales people all look so amused LOL! :woot:

12. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

13. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Friggin hate fleas! Only pantry moths are second to them ...the vacuum bag comment reminded me of them "shudder* I killed a big fat spider in an apartment years ago (my first mistake, he was fat and there for a reason), and then had a months-long pantry moth infestation I couldn't find the source of. Kept finding their way into dog food cat food (when I was feeding dry :oops:), flour, everything no matter what

Inside the vacuum handle. The plastic was molded with like a thousand hexagonal holes in it and THAT'S where they were breeding.

But I digress. Yay greens!

14. Katherine&Ruby

Thank you, Ruth! I saw that Elise @tiffmaxee posted this over in Health and read it this morning. I plan to talk to Ruby's oncologist about this, as she's also an internist and might be aware of this study. I'm sure it's $$$$, but might be worth it as I've been reading about some not so pleasant side effects of Adequan, notably diarrhea. Ruby doesn't need that on top of everything else!

Tiger(GA) and Ruth likes this.
  15. Katherine&Ruby

OMG, this story makes me CRINGE! I was actually thinking about the vacuum as being the place where the fleas might have taken a long siesta since we moved into this apartment, but we have a pretty nice vacuum cleaner that uses bags that would appear to be impenetrable to fleas. But they may be in the hose! Gah!

16. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

They don’t have adequan in Canada so Wendy used what they have there. I’m not sure if it’s available in the US.

17. Katherine&Ruby

Yes, I remember this now, it was probably Cartrophen.

18. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Yes. That’s it.

19. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Adequan was available, but cost your first born child, so we used Cartrophen. I also got good results from Duralactin and acupuncture.