1/15 Ruby AMPS 194/+3 144/+6 168/PMPS 137/+3 96

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Katherine&Ruby, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/1-13-ruby-pmps-95.257819/#post-2900539

Been a couple of days since our last condo, but Ruby's been holding the same pattern for three days now. I am tempted to increase her but I don't want her hitting low 50s. Think she pooped yesterday and today, but not sure as I decided to change up her constipation game and just give her Kibow Fortis with her Visbiome probiotic instead of lactulose to see if it reduces bulk and makes pooping more regular and less stressful. There are lots of small poops in the LB but I can't tell if they're Ruby's or her sister's. :/

Hope everyone had a great Caturday! :cat:

2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Hi Katherine. I hope the plan works! I thought the poopcam would tell you who was doing what? Has she been straining? Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you see more green soon and Ruby keeps pooping. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Katherine&Ruby

Unfortunately poop cam doesn't give me the right angle to see if poop is actually produced, only that the cat is in the box. Because of the location of the LB and the electricity in my bathroom, the angle is hard to achieve. :) Will review the footage some more but it's hard to tell.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  5. Katherine&Ruby

I just saw Ruby get up from under the covers in bed and walk to her feeder. She is walking with a bit of a limp. :( I've been noticing that her usual lumbering walk has gotten more labored recently. I think it's time for me to finally take her to the vet and get that Adequan shot. Hopefully it will also help her poop more easily. My poor girl has so many things going on. :(

Rainbow Conti likes this.
  6. Suzanne & Darcy

Ruby seems so young to have arthritis…. But I guess 11 isn’t that young for a cat… I imagine Ruby as young and running around your apartment.

7. Rainbow Conti

Rainbow Conti Well-Known Member

If she is a larger cat it's very possible for her to get arthritis earlier. I am starting to suspect that of LM. When I took him in for a limp a month or so ago they didnt find anything gave gabapentin... went away. Cold snap henis limping a little again. Especially when first getting up from a nap.

8. Suzanne & Darcy

Oh I can so totally relate to this!

9. Katherine&Ruby

And to add insult to injury, I’m pretty sure we have fleas again. Have not given the cats any treatment in a while and just did it again tonight. Won’t get into how I know. My day off tomorrow will be spent washing and vacuuming once again. :banghead::banghead::banghead::blackeye::(

10. Katherine&Ruby

Ruby has always been a big cat and never as agile as her smaller sister. She lost a lot of weight after her DKA and diabetes diagnosis and after I switched her to wet food, but recently her back left leg clicks every time she takes a step, and it takes some effort for her to loosen up after a nap.

11. Rainbow Conti

Oh no! I'm so sorry I feel this pain. We live in southeastern texas...muggy damp and fleas are crazy bad

12. Rainbow Conti

Poor girl LM is half mainecoon and is big...his ideal weight is suppose to be about 15 to 18 lbs... finally in that range from losing a bunch

13. Suzanne & Darcy

Oh no. I can’t believe it. I am so sorry. This is awful, especially considering how sensitive you are to the flea bites.

14. Katherine&Ruby

We had our first experience with fleas in September. I guess they never truly left us even after we moved apartments. At least now I am armed with Advantage II and know the signs. It is a nightmare for me because I am very allergic to their bites.

15. Rainbow Conti

I'm so sorry:bighug: they are a lot to deal with and terrible to get rid of. We also got a weird light with sticky board that we stick under the bed. Learned they can hibernate for years in dark places with carpet. They are attracted to warm light so they jump towards it and get stuck.

16. Rainbow Conti

17. Katherine&Ruby

I have two of those. :rolleyes: Will set them up again tomorrow.

18. Rainbow Conti

Cool just sent you link LOL

19. Katherine&Ruby

I would never have weathered that first flea attack without all of the members of the FDMB chiming in with their flea monitoring and eradication solutions. I was going out of my mind the first time. Now I know what I need to do. So grateful for this place for a million reasons!

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  20. Katherine&Ruby

21. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Morning Katherine, thanks for the update, I was getting worried.
    Jesus Christ, fleas again, I'm so sorry. It just boggles my mind where they came from in the first place, then to show up again months later.
    I'm glad to see that green last night . Hoping the adequan shot helps if you decide to get it. Poor baby has a lot going on and it sucks.
    How do you like this freezing weather we have now! It sucks
    At least they say just a little snow then changing to all rain, will be around 42 or 43 degrees. Going to be a mess!
    I wish you all a good day Katherine :bighug::bighug::bighug::cat: