1/12 Shadow AMPS=306, PMPS=213

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA), Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

PMPS=389
    +=244
    +8=190
    AMPS=306 ~ F .75u Lev (7th day)

Yesterday's Condo

Shadow ate well this morning,; nothing new to report. Last night's shot was from a new flex pen and it's not a very dramatic difference IMO. It's just so-so especially with the 306 this morning. New Moon Eve is Thursday....This is a low pink so we'll see where he goes today. I seriously hope he brings himself down. This is my next-to-last flex pen and was trying to put off opening it....I thought it might make a bigger difference.

Will try to be patient with him now.
    Riding it out with no changes might be the best...thoughts?

He and Raja began their kitty races last night around midnight...LOL...so cute to see. I don't know what got into them but they were both running around. Raja kept going to the front door as if she wanted to go out until she got a sniff of the really cold night air! :eek: The two of them turned away from the screen door pretty quickly. :lol: Shadow is scampering on his own this morning a little....guess Raja doesn't want to play that game anymore...
    Hope you all have a good day today.....

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 1/12 Shadow AMPS=306

Pat....

quick question - is this the same lev that u got from Turkey? Did it come from there?
    What is Shadow up to? I got a feeling he will bring himself down - then again - who knows where his little mind is at :lol:

3. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Well, this is barely 300 pink... On Jan 2, Shadow also started with an AMPS in the 300's and he went green by that afternoon. Let's hope he does that again. I keep thinking his pancreas is getting lots of rest to heal and will want to start working more consistently. Come on Mr. P!

4. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

It's too early to start worrying about that moon, Shadow. Sounds like you're feeling good, so bring us some pretty blues & greens to cheer your momma up too!! :mrgreen:

5. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Come On Shadow--What's the deal here?? Come on down to nice numbers today--OK???
    Hope you are warming up!!

6. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

I would think that NO MOON should have the opposite effect of a full moon. Maybe that will be his magic day. Maybe he just hasn't had a magic poop in a while :D

I'm sending you a bundle of Mr. Greens :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

7. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

CD...he was increased from F .75u to F 1.0u that morning so I guess that's why he went to green that day...
    held the F 1.0u dose 4 days till he went into low greens, then was lowered again to F .75u.
    I know that increasing him will bring the greens again, but I wanted to sit tight with the present dose to see what he
    does with it today. If he can't bring it down, then I suppose increasing will be in order....

Will you be around later today....say about 5pm? then maybe we can talk about whether to increase to a regular 1.0u
    if his numbers stay elevated....that might keep him in the blues rather than going up a full notch to the Fat 1.0u....
    I just don't know what to think.

Ronnie...the Levemir had a return address in England, so although they told me it was coming from
    turkey, I am not sure...think Istanbul is a distribution center. All I do know is that they had none in Canada at all...

I suppose I will need to find a vet that will give me a prescription for Levemir now....the one I am using now plus the last full one
    will not be enough to get this problem child through this whole thing...that's two months or maybe three months, depending..
    I threw away the previous cartridge after 5 weeks but now I realize that it probably wasn't the insulin. Darn it. What a waste!

Thanks Roni and Monique...appreciate the good thoughts....and Mr. Green men...whoa!! :lol:

8. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Oh gosh, Pat....I thought Shadow was on his way down...what's with these numbers??? :eek: I'm with you though....Morris was doing so good on the .25u dose and then when I went down to .10u he is shooting back up.

Here's hoping all the exercise will bring Shadow down a bit bcatrun_gif ....it works in humans, why not cats??

9. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

If you need magical poop - just ask Ronnie - she knows all the magic tricks.

10. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Re: 1/12 Shadow +4=342, +6=300

AMPS=306
    +4=342
    +6=300

Magical poops arrived but did squat for numbers...uh, well, he IS coming down....sorry...300 IS lower than 342... :roll:
    Can you hear the sorrowful wailing where you are?

11. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

I've been watching Shadow's SS and the gradual climbing up of his BG numbers ever since the decrease from the fat 1.00u to the fat .75u.
    He's had only one green on this dose which you've given for 13 cycles and the numbers have been trending upward for the last 4 days.

What a tough customer Shadow is. I agree that it is time to try a regular non-fat 1.00u. Those 300's are not doing him any favors. He seems sensitive to just a drop of Levemir so I agree that you could try giving him that extra drop more. Maybe he won't give you a 28 on this increase. Sheesh...!!

12. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Shadow, you need to get in on Basil and Esse's little ESP chats. They have worked out middle-of-the night drops that make their beans crazy. Wouldn't you like to drive your bean crazy?

13. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

I hear you Pat, all the way from Florida.
    Maybe Shadow just cannot understand why it is so cold recently.
    Get him snuggled under the blanket and lets see him come down.
    I think its' time for him and Raja to start having some chats!

Oh and I think Ronnie has a patent on the Magical poops. Doesn't seem to work on anyone else but Luna. :lol:

14. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

I hear you Pat, all the way from Florida.
    Maybe Shadow just cannot understand why it is so cold recently.
    Get him snuggled under the blanket and lets see him come down.
    I think its' time for him and Raja to start having some chats!

Oh and I think Ronnie has a patent on the Magical poops. Doesn't seem to work on anyone else but Luna. :lol:

15. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Come on, Shadow, green is SUCH a pretty color! The ladeez luv it! ;)

16. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

I think a new moon means lower numbers! :mrgreen:

I see it coming right around the corner....so watch out!!!!!!

17. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hey hey hey...I hear poop talk in here :lol:

Shadow dude! Whatcha doing to ur mama? Can u please pick a colour and stick with it? You know we're all pulling for u so continue to be a good Shadow kitty and kick some butt! bcatrun_gif

18. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Re: 1/12 Shadow PMPS=213

+6=300
    +8=180
    PMPS=213 ~ 1.0u Lev (1st cycle)

Looking better but since I am not sure if he will go high again, I did shoot the increase from fat .75u to regular 1.0u for PM.
    I hope this is the right thing....will watch how this works tonight. What on earth is he doing?
    Thanks for all the cheerleading that has gone on today...I really appreciate it... hugs to you all!!! :D

19. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I'm a little late to the party. :sad: The first thing I thought when I opened Shadow's SS was "that cat needs more juice, is it time to increase yet?" So I'm glad you did. Hopefully this will get him right back into gear.

20. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Re: 1/12 Shadow +3=211, +4=211,+6=245

+3=211
    +4=211
    +6=245

Well, this has never happened to me before tonight....identical numbers? strange indeed.....
    wonder if he will do another dip...will try for a +8. drank my water, set my alarm. Will update in the morning .
    Thank you all....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.