08/15 Tommy; AMPS 127, +7@118, PMPS 147

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tommy_15, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Tommy_15

Tommy_15 Member

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

You said in one of your posts
    Currently, we are testing/dosing 12am/12pm but need to shift it, likely to 8am/8pm to fit work schedule versus running back home for lunch.

Have you done that yet ? so you can get some more PMPS tests in and you won't have to be up so late

Bhooma gave you the way to do this
    You can move shot time by 30 mins a day. So if you're shooting at 12am/pm today, you can do 11:30am/pm tomorrow, 11:00am/pm the day after, 10:30am/pm the next day and so on till you get to 8am/pm.

Getting back on a 12/12 shot schedule

3. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

@tiffmaxee

@Bandit's Mom

Hi Elise and Bhooma ,I know that you ,me and Bhooma have told Vitali that we need to see more tests after PMPS in order for members to feel comfortable giving dosing advice

Here are those posts
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...3-351-6-300-9-237-12-245.266852/#post-2986651

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...27-pmps-172-8-9-amps-437.266924/#post-

Also I asked vitali
    I was wondering why
    Vitali switched to levemir after only giving 2 shots of lantus?

Vitali 's response was
    This time Vet recommended insulin treatment and did 1st shot of Lantus @ 2u. The next day BG was measured at 381mg/dL(+24hrs). We’ve asked our doctor to prescribe Levemir as it seems to be more universal option for cats reading through the forums.

I wonder if he should switch back to Lantus , but what do I know ,
    I guess it wouldn't make a difference if there is no testing done after PMPS

@tiffmaxee

@Bandit's Mom

Thanks ladies

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
  4. Tommy_15

Tommy_15 Member

Hello Diane,
    This is Tasha. As always, I appreciate your comments and concerns so much. Bhooma has provided us a thorough guidance (link below)
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-8-185-pmps-250-1-25u-ok.266634/#post-2984761
    on how to follow SLGS as this protocol fits our schedule best and Tommy's adaptability to do testing (he's a sweet fellow, but at times it's stretch to do blood tests on him so we try to do a min possible not overstretch his limits of patience). It is my understanding that with SLGS a dose is set for a week or so and can be adjusted based on the more extensive tests and as an outcome curve data completed at the end of the period. Still, we're doing midcycle tests between AM and PM at various increments, mostly around nadir time in order to see how low BG is. From the data collected so far, onset and nadir times are seen repeated at around +4 and +8/+9 correspondingly with exception of days where there were flat run downs from the high BG to lower (Would like to hear expert's comment on such runs and if there is something unusual about it that we need to watch for). Also, with the schedule adjusted now, we will try to do some PM testing around nadir time as well. We'd like to get Tommy to the healing range of BG as close and soon as possible as we have a 4 days vacation coming up in a week and need to figure our a vacation dosing prior to leave.

Switching to Levemir was our personal preference from the start. Vets office had lantus only on hands during the initial visits but they did not have a strong preference to insulin type either. Both insulins are long lasting so outcomes should be similar. we hope, and, as prior mentioned, we saw multiple feedbacks on levemir being more gentle for cats.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022