? 08/11 Milo AMPS 142 +2@241, +4@247, +6.5@220

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/08-10-2020-milo-amps-211.233436/#post-2609053

Good news this morning! Both cats are doing well today! Singha (in remission) is up and wandering around, eating and acting normal after being "off" yesterday.

Breire correctly predicted that Milo was in the blues this morning but now he's up to 241. I'm afraid I was not able to get a mid-cycle overnight on him. I hope to be able to in the next few nights.

Should I be looking at starting the B12 yet or hold off still for a little bit? As I mentioned last night, Milo's neuropathy is getting better already with lower BG numbers. Also, is it possible that a lab got his results wrong 9 months ago? I suspected diabetes around Christmas time. He showed all the classic signs except weight loss (drinking all the time, excessive urination) and the vet pointed out the neuropathy. However, his BG came back at around 68. I was scratching my head. When retested by a different vet in June, he was around 300 and by then he had started eating all the time and dropping weight, which was why I got second opinion. I feel like the diabetes was already starting to happen a while ago.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Are you seeing signs of neuropathy? If not I wouldn’t treat. If yes I would.

Briere Fur Mom likes this.
  3. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

I think it's definitely a lot better but I wouldn't say it's totally resolved yet. Hold off and see??

4. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

Nice start for Milo. And the bounce begins.....
    Keep working the juice Milo. You're really trying:cool:
    PMPS mid-cycle tests are the pits:oops: Being woken from a nice dream with that annoying alarm:stop: I was TERRIBLE, compared to some, with getting the PMPS mid-cycles:banghead: I'm sure Moey use to appreciate it though:cat: Less pokey pokey. That dreaded mid-cycle is so very useful at bridging the gaps in the SS. It helps complete the puzzle(sometimes:rolleyes:). I always feel like such a hypocrite telling peeps, " Be sure to get your mid-cycle" 'cause I wasn't very good at it:p But, it is a very valuable test so....
    Anywho, I hope you guys have a wonderful day

5. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Thanks! Yes, I have the best of intentions but I have to take sleeping pills due to chronic and debilitating insomnia so mid-cycle isn't just an "annoyance" for me but really really challenging. So I get a BG just before bed but even if I do wake up, I'm so out of it, I often can't see straight. I'll give it a go some night without my meds.
    Have a lovely day!

Sue and Luci and Briere Fur Mom like this.
  6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

It can’t hurt him to give it. He will pee out any extra.

7. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Well, +6.5 @ 220 so no really high bounce yet... hopefully he stays pretty level or goes down a bit.

8. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Sometimes it takes a little while to come down from that lemon tree...Luci loves the lemon tree best of all :)

9. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Luci has such lovely markings on her face!! Cutie!

Sue and Luci and Briere Fur Mom like this.