06/05 Shmee AMPS 310, +4.5 120, PMPS 257 shot 40 mins late - 298 :(

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda & Shmee, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Previous condo

Good morning :coffee:
    Yet another pink this morning... Increasing to 5.5U. Please Shmee... please do well while I am away (DH taking care of him Thursday - Sunday).

On top of being gone this weekend, Tuesday the 12th we have a concert so I am going to be gradually moving his shot up by two hours. Thank you @Wendy&Neko for bumping that post that explains how to move around dosing. Since shooting early acts as a slight increase, I was thinking increasing every two cycles, might be a little safer for him since he is up to 5.5U? This is what I plan on doing (hopefully DH doesn't screw up, I am going to explain it to him later):

Normal shot time = 9pm
    Today, Tuesday 5th = 8:45 am & pm
    Wednesday 6th = 8:30 am & pm
    Thursday 7th = 8:15 am & pm
    Friday 8th = 8 am & pm
    Saturday 9th = 7:45 am & pm
    Sunday 10th = 7:30 am & pm
    Monday 11th = 7:15 am & pm
    Tuesday 12th = 7:15am, 7pm (goal)
    Gradually move back up after that.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    MyTitan (GA) likes this.
  2. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

Your schedule looks workable as I did the same for Davidson when I went away on holiday. I decreased my dose while I was away since Davidson was at risk for going too low and didn't want him to hypo, so played it safe. Since you've had some greens and now into the yellows you might want to see what others say about the increase.............better to keep stable then to have any risks while you're away. Shmee looks like the increase will be okay but insure the pet sitter is aware of what to do in case of a big drop and have some HC food on hand

Amanda & Shmee and MyTitan (GA) like this.
  3. Amanda & Shmee

Oh yes DH took care of him before while I went to MN for four days to visit my gma. I debated not doing his increase back then but DH is persistent saying; "do what is best for Shmee, I can handle it." So I thought the increase this morning would be ok. I do not want to keep him in those high numbers while I am away if I can help it. I have a paper all written out from last time of what to do with certain situations, and I am going to update it tonight. What we do is - he updates the numbers on Google Sheets, and I can see it from my laptop. And if he is 175 or lower he will be texting/calling me too to see which tests I want (like test again in one hour, etc.). The HC food and honey are ready to go :)

But he did not have any greens while on 5.25U. I thought you increase after three days on TR if you do not see greens? I hope I did not do something wrong.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  4. Amanda & Shmee

Bump - curious if anyone else thinks I increased too soon? I thought this was ok since he had no greens for 6 cycles on 5.25.

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I don't think you increased too soon. It's been 7 days since you last saw green, and those were high greens. You could have held the 5.25 another day, but it didn't seem to be doing much for him. At this point in Shmee's diabetes dance, those larger increases will have more impact, once you move to that.

You shot schedule looks great for moving up the preshot time. Some people have said their cat notices 1/2 changes per day, but I never did. Might be another ECID thing, so you'll be able to gather data. Size of dose shouldn't matter, I did it with Neko both on small and larger doses.

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  6. Amanda & Shmee

Ok thank you both for your input, I appreciate it :)

7. Amanda & Shmee

I totally messed up tonight and shot him 40 minutes late. I have so much going on trying to get ready for NY and writing out DH's instructions trying not to forget anything important….. I had such a good schedule worked out and now that is ka-put. I am so mad at myself. :( Now I have to figure out this new schedule on top of everything else.....

8. Amanda & Shmee

Ok new schedule... I guess I have no choice now but to opt for the 15 minute cycle change for a few days since I have to get him up to 7pm by Tuesday... I hate that I just made it more complicated for DH and potentially screwed up his BG data..... :blackeye::blackeye::blackeye:

Tuesday 5th = shot late at 9:25pm :banghead:
    Wednesday 6th = shoot at 9:15am and 9pm
    Thursday 7th = shoot at 8:45am and 8:30pm
    Friday 8th = shoot at 8:15am and 8:00pm
    Saturday 9th = shoot at 7:45am and 7:30pm
    Sunday 10th = shoot at 7:30am and 7:30pm
    Monday 11th = shoot at 7:15am and 7:15pm
    Tuesday 12th = shoot at 7:15am and 7pm

9. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

It happens, we've all had late shots and messed up schedules, don't beat yourself up, you'll get back on schedule and everything will work out without Shmee even noticing. :bighug:

What are you going to NY for?

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  10. Amanda & Shmee

Thank you, I am such a mess... I already had too much to do!! I am about to explain this all to DH and printed out the new shot schedule. I am taking my mom to NYC for her birthday / Mothers Day gift. We aren't exactly big city people (more like pitch a tent and camp people), but a show we really love (Downton Abbey) is having a limited time exhibition there so I decided to make a trip out of it. Thought it would be a nice getaway / experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.