? 05/31 Jelly Belly PMPS 162 +1 187 ADVISE for evening

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by RochellenJelly, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

Hello please advise this morning he is 182 pre shot was told not to shot or feed and post for advice

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  2. Darcy and Jonesy

Darcy and Jonesy Well-Known Member

If you are able to run a curve, which NEEDS to be done, then I'd suggest shooting .5
    BUT, please wait another few minutes. I'm NOT the one to be giving dosing advice. Please add "Dosing advice please" in your title (I have to leave you here to get ready for work)

RochellenJelly likes this.
  3. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

Yes I can run a curve but as I had planned to shot at 7 I tested and posted and have since given him 2 tbs food.

So do I feed more and shot at 8 am then run curve

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

If you stay home and monitor you can shoot now. I think we are in different time zones and I'm not sure what time it was your time when you last posted.

5. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

I had someone comment on last nights post following up into this am we did shoot at 8 am it's 8:57 now and I will monitor and do a +2 BG and a +4 and a + 6 to monitor him and insulin and what it's doing ;)

6. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Excellent! Great shooting, Rochelle!!!!!! IMG_0622.GIF IMG_0622.GIF

Here is the link to Yesterday's condo.

Let's see where he is at +2. We might need to do a +3 if he's dropping quickly. That's a very good AMPS for having skipped a shot.

Now would be a good time to change the subject line to:
    5/31 Jelly Belly AMPS xxxxx

The xxxx is the number you actually shot. If I understand your first post, the 182 was actually his +11 that you took at 7 a.m. You should have tested again right before you shot at 8 which would have been his AMPS.

7. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

I did update spreadsheet and I also did a pre test BG and posted the +2 just now he's hanging at 324

8. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Good so far!

9. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

He also ate a bit so that's done and will test at +4 and +6 so I think I am following tried to update spreadsheet and title properly let me know I did it right ?

10. Kris & Teasel

SS looks fine. If you want to streamline your thread title you can remove "@8 am" and ".75 unit". We're in many different time zones so we gauge time strictly as hours after a dose (the way you wrote "+2 324")) and we see the dose on the SS when we view it. When we scan the thread titles we're looking at the BG numbers to see how they look and whether someone's heading for trouble because the numbers are low.

11. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

Ok awesome I am following I feel and more confident today with the instructions and + tests

12. Kris & Teasel

That's great! I promise - this DOES get easier! :smuggrin:

Darcy and Jonesy likes this.
  13. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

Ok I hope so I appreciate all the advice and help and people watching out for us or I would be giving up it's been a tough game to get through but with support and understanding I am getting there.

14. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

Attached Files:

15. Kris & Teasel

Thread title looks good. You can remove the blue question mark icon now because you don't need to flag anyone's attention. You've got this! The blue question mark causes us to stop and pay attention and is a notch down from the red 911 in the alert hierarchy. You don't want to use it unless you need eyes on now.

16. Kris & Teasel

Awww ... what a sweet kitty! He's glad you're looking after him. :smuggrin:

17. Marje and Gracie

Great photo! He looks so sweeet and he's so lucky to have you.

Good job on the subject line, too! Looks like he decided to head up quickly. It makes me wonder if the 182 was perhaps a bad test which can and does happen to everyone. Sometimes it's a bad strip, sometimes it's not enough blood.

If you ever get a number that just doesn't seem to "fit" or you get a really low number, then retest.

You are doing great and I'm glad you are feeling a bit more confident!

BTW, If he's still high yellow or pink at +4, why don't you give him a break. If you feel you want more data, you can test him at +7 but if he's still up at +4, you could even wait until +10. Then you won't need a +11....just the PMPS. Sound good and make sense?

I know his ears were a little sore so it's ok to give him a break if he's still up there in BG.

18. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

He's 15.3 or 274 at +4 so what's the next thing still kris schedule ?

19. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

20. Kris & Teasel

I like Marje's suggestion in her post #17 (above) to give his ears a break if he's still high yellow at +4, which he is. Go reread her post to see what's next. :)

21. Marje and Gracie

Here is the schedule Kris made which I have updated:
    So, yes...go ahead and follow her schedule and feed a LC snack. Let's test at +7 ok?

22. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

Yes I can do that and check back with you all then thanks for me and Jelly we appreciate it so much

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  23. Marje and Gracie

I think Kris's schedule idea (@Kris & Teasel) works really well for you and was a good suggestion. So let's continue it and start a new one for this afternoon through PMPS.

1. Test at +4, post to SS and condo, feed snack/pick up food....DONE
    2. Test at +7, post to SS and condo...not done
    3. Test at +10, post to SS and condo. Make sure all food is picked up....not done
    4. Test 15 minutes before PMPS so you can post for help if he is below 11. DON'T FEED if he's below 150 until you get advice. If he is above 150, feed and shoot 0.75u...not done.

How does that schedule look for you?

24. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

I left the house to do shopping because you told me give ear break and test +7 sorry

25. Marje and Gracie

You're fine and no need to apologize...you got the +4 and +7 is still plenty of time away. You are on target!!! :)

26. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

ok spreed sheet updated please advise re insulin tonight

27. Marje and Gracie

Well that little stinker! We gave him a bit too much latitude, didn’t we? He’s still at a safe number.

Why don’t you feed him two tsp of LC food and retest in 30 minutes? you can even give him one temptation.

Let's not worry about dose for tonight right this minute. There's still a lot of cycle left.

28. Kris & Teasel

Hi Rochelle, I'm here to help. Marje has given you the next steps. That 77 is actually a lovely number. :) As she said, it's too early to know about tonight's dose but don't worry. Someone will be here to advise.

29. Marje and Gracie

Rochelle

I have to go out for an appt but Kris is watching and will help you. I'll be back by +11 so plenty of time to discuss dose.

Surf Jelly!

30. Kris & Teasel

Rochelle, would you mind adding this morning's dose to your SS? The evening doses for the last two days are missing too. If they were "no shot", put NS in the dose section. If anyone else looks at your SS to help they'll want that info.

31. Kris & Teasel

Hi Rochelle,
    I suggest you test him again at +9 and post the number here. We want him to be high enough by the evening preshot test that you'll be able to give insulin. If he's low-ish at +9 he'll need a little snack to boost him. None of this is to worry you. We're trying to control the cycle so you can safely give a shot tonight.

Let me know you've seen this and understand.

32. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

I had to run out to pick up my kids but I'm on the way back should I test when I get home

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  33. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

I'm home and it's +10 should I test it or too late and dosing advice tonight ?

34. Kris & Teasel

No - a test right now is good info to see where he's heading. If you can do one ASAP and post right away that would be great.

35. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

just tested updated spread sheet 128 currently

36. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

what are my next steps?

37. Kris & Teasel

Nice number but we want him high enough in 2 hours for you to be able to give him insulin. Give him about a tablespoon of high carb food that has gravy in it. Test again at +11.

38. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

Ok i'm not supposed to take food away for two hours before the next test but rather give food this time

39. Kris & Teasel

If you give this high carb snack now and he eats it all right away, it'll be 2 hours until his shot time. Also, this is a bit of a special situation so it's OK to bend the rule as we're doing. The goal is to steer his BG to a point where it will be high enough so you don't have to skip a dose tonight.

You won't be doing this all the time. The plan is to get a routine in place that allows you to leave for school on June 5th and not have to worry about JB. Are you OK with this?

40. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

Ok updated spreadsheet and feed some gravy food will test at 6 which will be +10 because he was given shoot at 8 and the first test was 6:55 and he was too low to shot so unsure how to make that change in sheet

41. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

Yes I am great with this and want a plan and dosing schedule working for my school schedule but more important I want to keep Jelly safe

42. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

OK so the +11 is 148 i feel like what do i do? dont wanna pj party :(

43. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what the thinking is behind giving one tablespoon of hc snack when jelly is 128 at +10,

He was 77@+7 so that tells us that his BG was coming up on its own. Remember that we are getting to the end of the cycle theres less insulin around so if you are going to steer, a LC snack (1teaspoonmor 2) will likely do the trick, though in this particular case I probably wouldn't have bothered steering as his BG was heading up anyway.

He's heading up and will likely be higher by preshot. Try not to worry.

44. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

well should i fed more?

45. Gill & George

No I wouldn't at this stage.

46. Kris & Teasel

OK. He's doing something we call surfing and it's a good thing. You have one more hour until his preshot test. Leave him alone until then, test at that time and post here. We might tell you to stall if the number is lower than you're comfortable with.
    @Gill & George : Marje and I have been working on a plan to get him high enough for Rochelle to shoot. Even though a blue is not the least bit scary to experienced folks, she has no experience dosing below 200. Yes, it's not the standard thing to do but we're trying to get things sorted before Rochelle has to start school on June 5th and will be away all day. Doesn't make sense unless you know the back story. :)

47. Gill & George

Just to expand o. The above comment.

He's not at a dangerous number, he's heading up, and it'll be less confusing if the ps you get is not food influenced.

I'm afraid I won't be around for that, 2am here so I'm hitting the sack.

48. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

ok Kris should i fed more or what is the idea now? 45 minutes till supposed to be shot time>?

49. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

This is confusing me? was i not supposed to be feeding snacks??? if i dont he drops way to low

50. Kris & Teasel

• No more food.
    • Test just before shot time and post here.
    • Await instructions.

51. Gill & George

I have been following the story for some days now.
    Glad you have a plan.

52. Kris & Teasel

Sorry if we've confused you, Rochelle. You can do what I outlined in my post #50 above.

53. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

thank you for this .... its all new and very scary for me and I get easily confused and overwhelmed but i am trying my best, this poor guys been through a lot and i am petrified of failing him

54. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

food is away and will test +12 and post and await instructions he will be due for insulin then so i wait though to fed till i hear from you?

55. Kris & Teasel

You're doing fine, Rochelle. Any time too much info is coming at you let us know or ask us to break it down into smaller bits. We'll make sure you keep JB safe. :)

56. Kris & Teasel

Yes. :)

57. Marje and Gracie

Thanks, Kris, for keeping an eye out.

The confusion is my fault. I asked Kris if she could keep an eye out for them as I had to leave and indicated that it would be good if we had him high enough for Rochelle to be able to shoot tonight. I did not provide any number, etc., for a goal so that's my bad. Of course, the assumption would be that he would need to be above 150.

For anyone else reading, please note that we would not want to give HC and gravy at +10 when numbers are on the way up. I did want him to come up so Rochelle can shoot and I should have been very specific about what to feed at what time. There is absolutely no harm done and we all learn from this, including me :) With Lantus, LC can usually do the trick at +10, if need be.

Rochelle....you might possibly see the numbers come back down a bit at PMPS but you've got a couple sets of eyes on this including mine and Kris's. When you get his PMPS, you can post and we can discuss it unless he is over 200. In that event, I'd shoot 0.75u.

Remember that if you want some input before you shoot, don't feed him :)

58. Gill & George

Nite nite ladies.

Stay safe Jelly Belly.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

59. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

thanks

60. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

yup will test at +12 and post for instructions

61. Kris & Teasel

Minor confusion among advisors but sorted now. Apologies to Rochelle. ;)

62. Marje and Gracie

You don't need to apologize, Kris. It's my fault entirely for not being specific. But, it's ok and even if he is higher, it will still be ok. He will come back down :) I'd be a wealthy woman if I had one dollar for every time I overcarbed Gracie :p

63. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

hes only 162 what do i do

64. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

updated spreed sheet his sugars 162 what now

65. Marje and Gracie

If JElly was my kitty, I would shoot 0.75u, feed him LC food, and test at +1 to start as long as I had all the supplies (strips, HC food/gravy, syrup) and as long as I was available and able to monitor tonight and some of it on your own (see below).

Is it possible you will have a PJ party? Yes it is. I can be around to check on you until +6 your time. There might be others around but I don't want you to count on it. You have handled some lower numbers and I can give you guidance but I just want you to understand that after your +6, I will not be available. For that reason, I think the decision is yours.

66. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

I have over 100 test trips I have all the supplies I have corn syrup I have low carbs and high gravy food I have temptations to make sure the high carbs if needed
    I'll check the list to see what I have in hand but I just want to know how often I'm supposed to be testing tonight and how long I'll be up ?

his ears are pretty banged up and I feel so bad

67. Kris & Teasel

I'm glad Marje answered. The blues are very nice numbers and, as you'll learn over time, high enough to give a full dose.

68. Marje and Gracie

I'm so sorry his little ears are banged up. It's so very hard at the beginning until their ears learn to bleed.

I wish I could tell you how often you might have to test. I speculate that he will probably come back down tonight and you will potentially have to do several tests. But...my Crystal ball isn't as clear as usual and so it's possible he will do the same thing he did this morning and head up.

I'd also say if he comes back down, you will likely need to be up to at least +6 but possibly later.

69. Kris & Teasel

Start by testing at +1 and +2. These two tests will give you an idea of what might happen tonight. If BG drops quite a bit by +2 it could be a PJ party. If there's not much change it might be a calmer cycle.

It depends on what those early tests at +1 and +2 show you.

They heal quickly. Keeping him safe by testing is the main concern. Polysporin ointment with pain relief is a good thing to use on his ears to soothe and help them heal.

70. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

Ok so feed and then shot ? How often do i test tonight

71. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

Sorry was writing this as I talk to you guys so if he drops really low is there anybody that staying up with me tonight or my all on my own for this

72. Marje and Gracie

See our above responses. You will need a +1 and +2 to start.

BTW, you did REALLY great tonight with the testing, posting, etc. You are learning fast!

73. Marje and Gracie

I can be up until your +6 and then give you guidance to follow for later but I can't stay up past that. I just want to be honest.

74. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

OK that's great so I will test at +1+2 and you'll stay up till +6 and if it's something really bad you'll advise me how to get through till morning

75. Kris & Teasel

I'm in Canada, Eastern Daylight Saving Time, and will be signing off in about 2 hours.

76. Marje and Gracie

I will. I promise. And by +6, it's possible Gill will be around to take over. She's in Spain. I'll see if I can catch her before she goes to bed.

Nope...she won't. Her Internet has a scheduled outage tomorrow. But I think we can discuss all the eventualities and make a plan before I sign off at +6.

77. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

Ok I will test +1 +2 and as long as we have plan and detailed instructions after + 6 I will be ok I hope lol

78. Marje and Gracie

Okey doke....once you shoot and feed, it's time for a new schedule:

1. Update subject line with PMPS and SS with PMPS and dose...not done.
    2. Test at +1 and feed a mini meal (not too much as we don't want him full); update subject line and SS...not done
    3. Test at +2 and post for further instructions on what and how much to feed....not one.

Sound good?

And you can post with questions in between if you have any. I'll check in at +1...headed out for a walk.

79. Marje and Gracie

Did you get a +1?

80. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

I can do that yes and I will post at +2 and await instructions I am putting my daughter to bes
    yes and updated spread sheet please advise

81. Marje and Gracie

Very good! And you fed some LC per our plan?

After you get your daughter to bed, can you please update the subject line to:
    5/31 Jelly Belly PMPS 162 +1 187

Thank you....and I still think he might come back down tonight. See you at +2.

82. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

Yes he had some low-carb food I just put down and I'm washing dishes and I'll go back up and check for us +2 and I updated the subject line

83. Marje and Gracie

You're doing great! See you shortly!

84. Marje and Gracie

85. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

updated sorry takes me a few to get online 151 now

86. Marje and Gracie

Ok...let's give him a couple good taps of LC if you haven't already. I hate to poke him too much but his +2 is close enough to his PMPS that he could onset fast between now and +2.

Ok? See you at +3.

87. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

hey ok so we are at 124 ......still ok?

88. Marje and Gracie

Very good! Do you think he might eat another minimeal of LC?

I hate to ask you to test him in an hour but if you let him go two hours, he will drop a lot. How's he doing with the tests?
    If his ears really look bad and he's in pain, we could push it to +4.5 for the next test but then I think you should try and get two tsp of LC in him.

What do you think?

89. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

I did put Polysporin on early and warm cloths help a lot before he's ok and I can try some food he has some left from last snack and didn't eat it so I'm not sure I can test again in an hour hopefully this will be enough data to try and get a schedule and routine down.

90. Marje and Gracie

So you want to try in 1.5 hours and we will hope he doesn't drop. You could give him one temptation.

91. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

Ok I will do that and check him 1:30 my time it's 12 now and I will give one temptations

92. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

Nope I lied I won't haha I added water and warmed food a tad and he's eating it now

93. Marje and Gracie

I think I have my time off with him. If you shot at 8 your time, then he's at +4 and not +3 so we lost an hour somewhere. Or did you shoot later than 8?

It's important because the further along in his cycle that he is stable, the better.

It's fine to try to let him go until 1:30 your time. I'll still be up.

94. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

It was 8:22 to be exact when i shoot

95. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

First test was 6:55 am too low and I posted and fed then we got him up to shot and it was 8:22 I was testing at 9:30 and there after then I lost 15 minutes coming from Daycare and it was :45 after then but I didn't lose an hour anywhere I don't think ?

96. Marje and Gracie

Ok...good. So we are at +3.5. That's fine. If you test at 1:30 your time, it will be +5 :)

97. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

Ok and then a final plus six or depending what it is a plan till am ? I feel a lot more confident he's cranky tho lol not his cuddly self he's mad as hell lmao

98. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

Anymore food ? Or I guess I'll wait till then but I gave evening shot late too he was late it wasn't till 8:30 so it would be + 5 at 1:30!

99. Marje and Gracie

If he's hungry or he hasn't eaten most of his food, you can feed him except I'd try not to feed him between 1 and 1:30, ok?

See you at +5

100. Gill & George

Morning, just wanted to say, great job Rochelle, as marje said I'm loosing internet in an hour, so won't be around for your +5.

:cool::cool::cool:
    Keep it steady Jelly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.