05-14 Panzer PMPS 137/168@+3/132@+4/156@+7

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Chrispooky12, May 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrispooky12

Chrispooky12 Well-Known Member

It is both exhausting & heartbreaking taking care of 2 sick cats. Today has been good so far, knock on wood! Panzer is done with his antibiotic, I gave Cerenia today & will tomorrow as well just to make sure the doxycycline is out of his system. I didn't give Spook any Cerenia tonight because it was a nightmare last night! (See spreadsheet) I hope it's ok to talk about Spook on here if not please let me know! I'm concerned because his stool is black & really has been since I switched him to wet food. I did give Spook along with Panzer in his morning baby food probiotic for the first time. I'm still using the Mirataz on his ear. I haven't on Panzer yet, & hope I won't have too. Should I add a different probiotic to Panzer's list of medicines or is the s boulardii enough? I've had to entice him some when eating with fortiflora which I know is not the best for him. I've noticed that these boys feed off of each other meaning if one is refusing food so does the other. Panzer's #s have been all over the place & it really worries me. He goes from shooting him @94 to shooting him @229 I just don't get it. I got there water fountain, now I'm just trying to figure out how to take what's in one piece apart so I can wash it & get it setup. Hopefully they will drink from it, we go back to vet on May 24th for a urinalysis for Panzer & bloodwork for both if Panzer is in the clear of the UTI. I'm scared that it's going to be an outcome that I am not going to know how to deal with it. Prayers for a good outcome https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/05-03-panzer-pmps-141-90-3-64-4-95-6-81-7.262829/

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

You mention Spook and not giving cerenia and see spreadsheet… I can only see one SS. Is Spook a diabetic?

My two cats that eat a home made raw diet both have black stools but that is because they eat raw food. Not sure it is ok with just swapping to wet food. Black can mean blood.

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  3. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Bron Spook is not diabetic, :cat: Christina has been having issues with Spook he's been not wanting to eat like he normally would eat

Last edited: May 15, 2022
  5. Chrispooky12

That's what I was afraid of. Is there something I can start giving him to try & correct that?

6. Chrispooky12

I was hoping to stop the Mirataz on Spook today but I had to coax him to eat @ AMPS.

7. Bron and Sheba (GA)

I think you need to establish what is causing the dark stools. Does it look like tar? That usually means blood. I would take a sample to the vet and ask for it to be tested for blood. It may not be, but you need to find out so you can use the appropriate treatment …if treatment is needed.

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  8. Chrispooky12

Yes it looks like tar & he just had a pretty loose stool. They both go back to the vet on the 24th. Should I take a sample then or should I take one sooner? Also do I store it in the refrigerator like I would a urine sample?

9. Bron and Sheba (GA)

I would take it sooner. Probably store in fridge. If you take it sooner, you can get the result on the 24th.

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  10. Chrispooky12

Ok thank you, I will call them tomorrow morning.

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  11. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Christina, I am just catching up on you and the boys. I really think you need to take in a fresh stool sample of Spook’s to the vet ASAP.

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  12. Suzanne & Darcy

And don’t worry about using the Forti Flora if that’s what they need to coax them to eat. It will not hurt them. I have had cats with CKD who ate Forti Flora almost every day because it caused them to eat more.
    I don’t know that I would add an additional probiotic to their regimen. S. boulardii is recommended for when there’s diarrhea. If you want a regular all-around good probiotic try Proviable DC (Chewy sells it). You could alternate days with different probiotics if you want. They’re already getting so many things that I would only give one kind of probiotic per day.

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  13. Suzanne & Darcy

Are they still vomiting? If not then you probably don’t need to keep up the Cerenia. Remember, Cerenia is really bitter and is best put into a gelatin capsule. But I guess they aren’t pill-able?

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  14. Suzanne & Darcy

And your vet refused to prescribe Ondansetron? That’s what I remember. I’m worried about Spook.

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  15. Chrispooky12

Yes definitely I'm going to call the vet on my way to work tomorrow & hopefully get a sample from him after I feed them there +8 probably closer to +9 feeding & take it to the vet.

16. Chrispooky12

Spook is hard one he doesn't care for Fortiflora. That's the one I see everyone uses the Proviable. I will check it out.

17. Suzanne & Darcy

Keep me posted, Christina. I’m available to you- just contact me. I’m really concerned. There are treatments if there’s a GI bleed (sucralfate is a med for that). Do you have slippery elm bark powder? It’s really helpful/healing for the entire GI tract.

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  18. Chrispooky12

Yeah I think he refused that one I know he definitely refused to Buprenorphine. Good news he ate all 6 meals with no mirataz on his ear:bighug:

19. Chrispooky12

No vomiting Spook hasn't had cerenia since Thursday because he doesn't pill well. Panzer had his last dose of cerenia tonight. I gave it to him 2 nights after finishing the doxycycline. Hopefully he does good without it tomorrow.

20. Chrispooky12

I know I am too. I was looking at it on Amazon the other day. I will check it out. I don't know what I'm going to do for $ for both boys though. Hopefully I can do a fundraiser or something if I can't cover medical costs. I'm down to $1200 & I have $600 on another card. Hopefully that's enough to pull him through & I don’t know what's going to happen with Panzer I'm going to ball my eyes out if he still has a UTI!

21. Chrispooky12

Spook ate all 6 meals with no mirataz on his ear since yesterday afternoon. He's been super loveable & chatty which he always is & loved getting some brushing from mommy :bighug::cat: Panzer wanted fortiflora on one meal but I tricked him & shook an empty packet on it & he finished his food :cat: he also enjoyed mommy brushing him & was playing chase with me tonight for the first time in a long time :bighug:

22. Suzanne & Darcy

:bighug::bighug::bighug: I really feel for you, Christina. This is just too much for too long and all at once.

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  23. Suzanne & Darcy

This is GREAT!!!

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  24. Chrispooky12

I got a sample of Spook’s stool @ AMPS after feeding took to vet @ +9 AMPS they are sending it to the lab today. So far Spook is continuing to eat his food without Mirataz fingers crossed he keeps it up:cat:

25. Chrispooky12

I started shooting a fat 0.5 on 5-15 PMPS. It seems to be helping some. Also steering away from salmon feast not sure if it's the cause of his #s being over 200. Also first night for no cerenia for Panzer. He did have to have fortiflora on his AMPS feeding but not since then. Fingers crossed for continuing to eat & bring them #s down :cat:

26. Suzanne & Darcy

Hopefully the fattened up dose will help... and he will keep eating.

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  27. Chrispooky12

Yes I hope so

28. Chrispooky12

Day 2 of Spook eating all of his food with no Mirataz :bighug: Panzer 87@+7.50 PMPS :bighug:

29. Chrispooky12

Spook would not touch his food @ AMPS feeding. He did eat his half of jar of baby food with Probiotic. I put Mirataz on his ear :arghh:

30. Suzanne & Darcy

You didn't do the Forti Flora? Maybe he's just getting picky (maybe he wants the savory salmon feast back... I'm not recommending it... but he may just be being picky? I hope that's all it is... Spook just being a cat.) How about Panzer? Eating well? I can hardly wait for his appointment on the 24th... I mean, I'm anxious to see if he's all better. No more crying in the litter box?

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  31. Chrispooky12

I tried fortiflora but he doesn't like it. He's eating now, he's super picky but I don't think that's it. Panzer is eating very good & no crying in the litter box. I'm anxious & scared about the vet. One more week & we will hopefully get good news!

32. Suzanne & Darcy

That's right. I keep forgetting... it's Panzer who likes it and Spook who doesn't like Forti Flora. What about Parmesan cheese? Is he not a fan of that either? I'm glad he's eating now.

I can't blame you for being anxious about the upcoming vet visit... after everything y'all have been through!

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  33. Suzanne & Darcy

Oh, and when will they have the stool sample results back? Today? It's not a complicated test so I think it should be today.

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  34. Chrispooky12

The results are back he's got something that starts with a g & he's treating Spook & Panzer for it. He's refusing to eat now. As soon I get the medication & the diagnosis, I will post it on here. He ate 3/4 of his food.

35. Chrispooky12

Since they are both being treated for whatever Spook has we probably won't be doing bloodwork or a urinalysis for Panzer on the 24th. These boys just can't catch a break! My poor babies :arghh:

36. Suzanne & Darcy

A G? Giardiasis? Infection with Giardia? Can’t think of anything else right now…. I’ll wait…

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  37. Chrispooky12

I am going to start a new thread this one is getting pretty long. I will tag you in it @Suzanne & Darcy

38. Chrispooky12

New post up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.