? 05 -10 Panzer PMPS 196 Vet visit/exray/gabapentin/questions/156@+3/104@+4/125@+7

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chrispooky12, May 10, 2022.

1. Chrispooky12

Chrispooky12 Well-Known Member

Panzer went for what was supposed to be his 3months bloodwork, because he's still on the doxy I didn't do it yet. He still has 3 more nights of that after tonight left. He examined him, his mouth where I said it looked like a boo boo was a little swollen but looked alot better today, he said his teeth & mouth look good, ears are good, eyes weren't as gooky today, I think it might be that he's not used to being able to sit in a window & breathe in the fresh air outside. Our last longtime home had no screens & we lived there for 4yrs. He had an xray because when he was diagnosed diabetic & xray showed kidney stones. I got to go back & look at the xray & there are no kidney stones! He said all of his organs looked good but his kidneys are a little small!? He was also concerned because there was 2 little dots on his left kidney? He wants him to finish the doxy & come back in 2wks for a urinalysis & kidney bloodwork if he's in the clear. So him & Spook go together on May 24th. (Spook follow up on kidney bloodwork & whether he's eating or not.)I figured I will try to take him off of the Mirataz when Panzer is done with the doxy,they are both also still taking the Cerenia which I will probably stop when he is done with the doxy as well ? My question about gabapentin. I showed him a video of Panzer when he has the head jerks & since he won't give buprenorphine, I requested it(gabapentin)The question is what is he having pain from? Could it be from this never-ending UTI? Should I get the gabapentin? It is 50mg tablet every 12hrs, is that to much? Panzer weighs 16.4 lbs. I haven't ordered it yet, it's from there online pharmacy so it would be 3-5 days before it gets to us. We were 45mins late on his shot due to the vet visit. I know it's not good to shoot late on Lantus but we didn't have a choice. What time should I shoot in the morning? https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/05-03-panzer-pmps-141-90-3-64-4-95-6-81-7.262829/

2. Chrispooky12

3. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

You can shoot 11 hours and thirty minutes from his shot time this evening - if that will work for you.

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  4. Suzanne & Darcy

I would not worry about the kidneys looking a little small. That’s not an uncommon finding. I am very happy that he doesn’t have (and apparently never had?) kidney stones.

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  5. Chrispooky12

Yes that will work perfectly.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  6. Suzanne & Darcy

Now, as to the pain, UTIs are very uncomfortable and - if he has FLUTD, that would be painful. Honestly, he’s had a UTI for so long that his urinary tract must be very sore.

In my knowledge of Gabapentin, it’s very individual— how cats respond to Gabapentin. Some cats will stagger on the same amount that other cats do just fine on. I don’t know if Gabapentin will help him with the type of pain that he seems to be having. You can only try.

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  7. Chrispooky12

For real I'm so glad I don’t go to that vet anymore! My daughter takes her dogs there, but is thinking about going with my vet with her 2 kitty's. I also have her talked into getting rid of the dry food & giving them wet only, she is nearing the end of the dry poison! They eat FF grilled chicken feast in gravy a couple of times a day now, she has quite a bit of that stocked up. She wants to change to pate eventually but what she's feeding now is better than dry food anyday.

8. Chrispooky12

I don't like drugging him up but I don't want him to be in pain either. I will give it a try & if it's not for him then I will stop giving it to him. I will have some on hand incase I do need it for him or Spook in the future. I've also got a good stash of Cerenia always good to have on hand!

9. Suzanne & Darcy

That’s my way of thinking!

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  10. Chrispooky12

Panzer puked his +4 PMPS feeding up a half hour to an hour after eating it. I watched back on my kitty cam after coming home to puke on the dining room floor. He ate +8 feeding with fortiflora on it keeping it down so far he's sleeping now about to the same myself. He has had to be fortiflora induced to eat at least 2-3×s a day today & yesterday. I'm wondering if I should put Mirataz on his ear tomorrow? Especially if he has to have fortiflora on his AMPS feeding. My poor boy his #s have been high but he just hit Nadar @+8 PMPS 102. Lots of info on spreadsheet in remarks!

11. Suzanne & Darcy

It can’t hurt to try the Mirataz. I feel so sorry for Panzer. I hope it’s just the Doxycycline upsetting his stomach and when he’s finished with it that all the vomiting will stop. He goes back when? The 24th?

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  12. Chrispooky12

Ok I hope so too! Yes he goes back on the 24th. He's been in the greens every test so far today! I'm kinda scared to shoot if he's as low as he is now. We've got 4hrs till shoot time so we will see where he's at then.