05/10 Eddie AMPS 416 +5 473 +8 428 PMPS 358 +8 200

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jodey&Eddie&Blue, May 10, 2023.

1. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Jodey&Eddie&Blue Well-Known Member

2. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

This is awful.

The only redeeming factor is ketones 0.2mmo/L

Last edited: May 10, 2023
  3. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

@Wendy&Neko I apologize for asking the same question more than once:
    What is the brand of the human meter you use? Also, do you know of a glucose/ketone meter? I have one and I can't recall where I ordered it from but they do not ship test strips to Canada so all I have are the sample test strips and have only a few ketone strips left. If you (or anyone) don't/doesn't know of a glucose/ketone combo, can you recommend a ketone meter I can purchase in Canada?
    Thanks.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Neko passed in 2016, I haven't used any meter since then. The Freestyle Lite is popular with a number of Canadians, it needs the smallest blood drop. It is made by Abbott, who originally made the AT, so some similarity.

This post talks about blood ketone meters, Blood Ketone Meters you can see if they are available in Canada. With all the keto diets, there are lots of ketone meters around.

Jodey&Eddie&Blue likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

6. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

@Wendy&Neko I almost forgot to report on Eddie's Prednisolone reduction.

Today, after far too many unanswered emails and phone calls the vet at VCA got back to me:

"Thanks for updating us! We would like to reduce Eddie's prednisone to 1.25mg once a day until otherwise directed. Update us on how he does with the lower dose.
    Hoping you, Blue and Eddie have a great summer! Enjoy the warmer weather!"

"updating" is somewhat disingenuous (as is the "!", as if it's a surprise to get an email from me) since I've been trying for weeks to get a response from them after they instructed me to contact them.

In any case, we are now down to 1.25mg Prednisolone/once daily after 33 days BiD. What is to come?

7. Wendy&Neko

Remind me again what his preSRT pred dose was?

8. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

.625mg/once daily

9. Wendy&Neko

OK, still one more dose reduction to go. This is such a small change, don't know why they didn't just go down to .625mg SID. Hopefully you don't have to hold this dose long.