05/10 Bambi AMPS 155, +3 47, +5 52, +7 108, PMPS 151, +7 170, AMPS 205

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Caglar and Bambi, May 10, 2023.

1. Caglar and Bambi

Caglar and Bambi Member

Previous thread

Morning everyone. Bambi had another drop below 50 so I reduced dose down to 0.1u.

I tried the drop method @Bandit's Mom mentioned in a previous post to measure the 0.1u. I counted 24-25 drops for 1u so 0.1u is around 2.5 drops. On a 0.5 ml syringe, this accounts to the plunger just below the 0 line on the syringe, barely touching it and I found it's easier to measure this way rather than ejecting 22 drops. It is an extremely small amount to measure precisely, but I guess it will make a difference compared to measuring 0.25u.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Congrats on another reduction! :)

Here's what 0.1U is supposed to look like:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You are right that it's very hard to measure such small doses accurately and consistently. When you first use a syringe, push the plunger all the way in to see if it lines up with the printed zero line. A lot of syringes have their markings way off and that affects the accuracy of the dose. Especially with smaller doses every little bit matters.

Caglar and Bambi likes this.
  3. Caglar and Bambi

Caglar and Bambi Member

Thanks @Bandit's Mom. Yes, this is how I'm measuring too. Trouble is on a 3/10 cc syringe there are half unit markings, on a 0.5 ml there are only single unit markings. Eyeballing a 1/4 is pretty hard, 0.1u is even worse, but I got the hang of it by looking at the light that comes through between the plunger and the zero line.

Bit of a relief to know about the markings being off, I was a bit confused about this - I discovered that there are a few drops sometimes even when you align to the zero mark. I guess the only thing I can do is I bought a second brand which seems to have better markings and I'm using the same proportion each time. Will double-check the alignment to the zero line as you suggested before filling up the syringe.

Cheers.

Bandit's Mom likes this.