05/05/22 MICIO: AMPS 230 / 182@ +3 / 197@ +5.5 / 217@ +9 / PMPS 229 / 168@ +3 / 181@ +5.5

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA), May 6, 2022.

1. MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA)

MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA) Member

Yesterday: AMOS 166 / 105@ +3 / 132@ +9 / PMPS 165 / 124@ +9

Micio's BG started rising high last night; coincidently he was due to an increase of Benazepril and also I started a new insulin pen. Not sure it has anything to do with it but could any of this mess around with glucose numbers?
    Tnx

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 6, 2022
  3. MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA)

Thank you! Increasing insulin from 7.5u to 7.75u to see if numbers will lowered a bit (last time I increased by only .25u his numbers went down to 45!)
    I just started this new pen and don't see what could be wrong with it (comes from the same carton, properly stored in the fridge, no floaters and looks clear) but I'm almost incline to try new one to see if it make a difference...what do you think?

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

It would be quite unusual for the pen to be bad. I wouldn’t rush to open another. He might just need more juice. Since you just upped his medication I think I would give it a little longer to see if the increase decreases the BG.

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Whenever Neko started a new med, she often had a day or two of higher numbers. It was like her body had to learn to process it. But she came down after that. I also see that the night of the 4th he had a pretty good drop to +3, but no tests after that. I wonder if he went lower and was bouncing too.

6. MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA)

Good to know , I'll keep an eye on it. Sometimes he gets fed up with testing and I'll have to let go in order not to stress him so much