04/29 J.D. +10 238, PMPS 391, +1.75 470

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dyana, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

Last Night:
    523 PMPS
    206 +3.25 MC
    271 +6

J.D. isn't eating much this morning. He eats treats just fine, and he ate a teaspoonful of leftover MC just fine. He got his Pepcid and Denamarin this morning at AMPS.
    He did throw up a little bit of food at about +1 (I finally got a chance to sleep in, so I'm not sure of the time), and his denamarin pill was there. He went outside and tried to eat some grass, but pulled up the whole glass plant roots and all and spit it out. I gave him some Ondansetron after he came back in the house. It's sprinkling outside, and kind of cool.

I'm planning to start by calling J.D.'s regular vet about his blood pressure test results, and see what he has to say. Maybe, he'll give me a referral to the IM doctor that's not too too far from here.

I feel like I caused this bounce, by giving him R last night. It's a brand new bottle, and just soooo potent, I guess.

Other than being off his food, he's purring, and snuggily, and active, and peeing and pooing.

I hope everyone has a good day.

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 04/29 J.D. AMPS 576

He was sitting on the back of the couch watching what I wrote, and so then ate the fresh 1/4 can of FF I gave him, and the 1/4 can of FF I gave him earlier.

I left a message for our regular vet to call me back.

3. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 04/29 J.D. AMPS 576

Hope you get some answers on the bp. I'm calling my vet too...

they probably get lots of calls on mondays.... ;-)

4. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 04/29 J.D. AMPS 576, +4 423

J.D. has now eaten 4 Breffises, today, besides the bits he ate this morning.

I left a message for our regular vet, that doesn't have BP testing equipment.
    I left a message at the vet services place who did his BG test on Saturday for the (Owner) Vet that works Monday through Friday to review the records from Saturday and to call me back with her opinion.
    I left a message for the IM vet department at a third vet hosp. to call me back. You have to have a referral to go to them.
    All these messages I left almost 2 hours ago. :?

5. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 04/29 J.D. AMPS 576, +4 423, +6 386

The regular vets have not called me back, but the Red Bank Veterinary Hospital in Tinton Falls where J.D. got his dental done, called me back and I was able to get an appointment with the IM doctor at their satelite hospital in Hillsborough for 3:00pm tomorrow, without a referral. Now, I just need to get my new boss to let me off at 2:00pm, tomorrow. Working that early morning shift yesterday on my day off, should help with that.
    Wish us luck with the appointment, please :smile:

6. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 04/29 J.D. AMPS 576, +4 423, +6 386, +8.5 294

J.D.'s regular vet called me back and said J.D.'s blood pressure is fine, and he wouldn't give him any medication at this point. He said if the BP was in the 200s or 220s then he could probably be convinced to give BP medication. I didn't quite understand what he was saying but I think he said the BP meds would interfere with his other issues, something like that. I asked him if he had seen cats in the 200s and 220s before, and he said he had seen them in the 240s.

7. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 04/29 J.D. AMPS 576, +4 423, +6 386, +8.5 294

Wishing you luck with the other appt then. Maybe you can get a better explanation from that vet or a better plan....

8. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 04/29 J.D. Hypertension Meds Questions +10 238

I just re-scheduled the appointment for Saturday at 3:00pm. I am still waiting for the owner vet at the place that did his BP test to call me back. And, I asked if the UPC results were back yet and the receptionist said the Saturday vet will be back on Wednesday and he will call me back with those results when he is in on Wednesday. I asked if the results only go to him?, and she said yes. Strange.

I hate going against my vet, but I think I will get the second opinion on Saturday.

Does anyone know why my vet said the drugs for high BP would affect his other issues? Maybe they cause inappetitance?.. because I read amlodipine shouldn't be given with cyproheptadine as they both can lower BP.

Let me know.

9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 04/29 J.D. Hypertension Meds Questions +10 238

I don't know anything about the meds, but I hope you can get some answers at the IM vet appointment on Saturday. That's nice J.D. has such a good appy today.

10. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Re: 04/29 J.D. Hypertension Meds Questions +10 238, PMPS 391

I don't know about how amplodipine could work with the cypro, etc., but my vet doesn't like to see anything about 160 in the office. Even that is a little high, but it accounts for "white coat syntrome". Mario was on amlodapine, transdermal tap, and adequan, with no major issues, although admittedly his appy wasn't always the greatest. That just seems par for the course for a lot of our seniors....

Good luck with the appointment and getting more answers!

11. terri1962

terri1962 Well-Known Member

Re: 04/29 J.D. Hypertension Meds Questions +10 238, PMPS 391

Dyana,

I can tell you that Amlodipine did not affect Andy`s appetite as he was on it since his ER vet visit back in 2010. He was a very big boy, 22lbs up until I lost him. I however did not ever have him on the Cypro so I do not know if there would be any interaction between those two.
    The best person to ask about any of J.D medicines would be a pharmacist as sometimes I don`t think the vets know so much about the medicines.
    I think you are making a very good decision regarding a second opinion. As I told you before I had no idea Andy had high blood pressure until it became an emergency situation.
    I do remember he used to cough from time to time before all this happened but the vet at that time told me he had asthma, who knows if he really had heart disease or what?

Terri

12. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Thanks for all your responses.

I even gave J.D. a drop of R, but it didn't seem to help, tonight. He had such a big drop from it last night. I understand the bounce he got from that. He is not eating much tonight, but I guess he ate a whole bunch this morning, and with his numbers going up like they are, maybe he doesn't feel like eating. He ate most of his first Dinner and some treats and some steak.

The vet where we got the BP test done, still hasn't called me back.

13. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

J.D. just ate his 2nd served Dinner, and then after he was done with that one, he ate some of his 1st served Dinner.

I just can't do this ...wait around for hours... when I go to work, waiting for him to eat.

Anyway, he ate, and is giving himself a bath. I am happier, now.

Bedtime is nie. I hope everyone has a good night.

14. terri1962

terri1962 Well-Known Member

Dyana,

Sending eating vines for J.D. and prayers that he gets to feeling better. Have a good night.

Terri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.