04/21 Kitty PMPS 257 +3 182 +4 174 +5 166 +6 184 +10 233

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Corey & Kitty, Apr 21, 2022.

1. Corey & Kitty

Corey & Kitty Member

2. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

I hope you got a better night's sleep and I hope little Kitty slides down safely tonight.

Corey & Kitty likes this.
  3. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

It looks like the bounce might be starting to break, so just keep an eye out tonight. As usual, the +3 should be pretty telling.

4. Corey & Kitty

Corey & Kitty Member

Yes, I was thinking that too since PMPS was pretty much the same as AM cycle's +5.

I'll check her at +3, what could I possibly expect to see or look out for?

5. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Same as before - a drop will indicate she's heading down. If she's flat, good idea to set an alarm, probably for +7 ish

6. Corey & Kitty

Corey & Kitty Member

Okay, so if I check at +3 and it has dropped, when should I check next? And if its flat, why do I not check again until +7? Sorry, just getting a bit confused here about the reasoning.

Also, I usually give her more food around +4 but was wondering if +5 is okay and would it be better?

EDIT: One more thing, do you think my daily ketone testing is excessive/unnecessary?

7. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

As for the first part, depends on the size of the drop. The "night crew" should be around by then though!

Bounce breaking cycles can often be a long slow slide down with a later nadir. So if she's flat, it's
    a good idea to get one more spot check later in case she starts to slide down.

I would stick with the +4. Her nadir seems to be around 4+/+5, and you want to try to avoid feeding too much after nadir.

Yes, you have a good baseline now for her ketones, she's steady and nice and low. I would go every 3rd day now, unless of course she starts showing signs of illness.

8. Corey & Kitty

Corey & Kitty Member

+3 she is at 182. Check again around +5, or later?

9. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Ah there it is! I'd feed a little LC.

If I remember correctly you go to bed at +4? I'd grab a test then to see if she's slowed down a bit. I *think* you'd be ok to wait til +5 but seeing as this is really her first bounce break on LC I'm a little cautious.

10. Corey & Kitty

Corey & Kitty Member

Alright, I gave 1/4 can of FF which she devoured in seconds. +4 (midnight) is usually the latest I stay up, I'll check again then.

FrostD likes this.
  11. Corey & Kitty

Corey & Kitty Member

Slowing down a bit, 174 at +4. Fed the usual 1/2 can FF at +4. Hopefully she will just surf in the blues again tonight.

12. Corey & Kitty

Corey & Kitty Member

Sorry for repeat posting, but I just took +5 reading. Do you think I need to keep testing or can I go to bed? Are there any certain times I should set an alarm for?

EDIT: +6 reading is in, its been a couple of hours since she's eaten and I feel like she's pretty flat, heading to bed.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2022
  13. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Yes I'd have gone to bed after the +4. She may slide down a bit more today hopefully