04/15 Eddie AMPS 176 +2 220 +3.5 209 PMPS 223 +2 248 (shooting blue am & surfing yellow)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jodey&Eddie&Blue, Apr 15, 2022.

1. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Jodey&Eddie&Blue Well-Known Member

Good morning,

Here's yesterday's story (and story within a story):

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...3-5-171-pmps-221-2-5-182.262013/#post-2937815

At PMPS +2.5 last night Eddie was 182. I fed him some LC and went to bed setting my alarm for 12:45 to do a +3. I woke up this morning and realized the alarm had not sounded. I had set it for 12:45 pm instead of am. That's how frazzled I must be.

The good part is that this morning he's AMPS 176 blue zone so he must have been pretty steady Eddie overnight.

I'm home today and can keep an eye on him. Thanks all for your support yesterday.

2. Rainbow Conti

Rainbow Conti Well-Known Member

Nice!!:cool:

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Depot is still recovering from that 7 units dose at the vet office. But it does look like he found some lower blues overnight.

Jodey&Eddie&Blue likes this.
  4. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Yes, at the vet's I realized we were going to get into a real match of wills about that 7u vs 9u. I thought maybe this wasn't the hill I needed to defend vigorously especially since Eddie had already had a time of it and I wanted to get that insulin into him as it was getting late past PMPS.

I wonder how low he went last night. Don't know if you saw but I put the wrong 12:45 in my alarm...last night....In any case, he seems much improved today. Less hissing, too.

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I did see that, and was guilty of that a couple times in five years too. :oops: Plus I think your body needed the sleep.:bighug:

6. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

(((((@Jodey&Eddie ))))) OMG, I am so sorry for the nightmare that was for you and Eddie during his CT! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: Thank God he is okay! When I wrote my post I was thinking you were caught late at work or something, but on the other hand, I know if we don't hear from someone these days, it usually turns out to be something not good. There's a few other cats around here that are MIA, I will track them down later. But for now, I am so relieved to hear Eddie is good and you are certainly not the first or last to make that mistake with the alarm. You did need the sleep after all that trauma!!! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Thank you so much, Ruth! You have entirely captured the experience!

8. JL and Chip

JL and Chip Well-Known Member

Wow, what a “ride” you’ve been on. I’m happy to hear that Eddie is ok. Are you ok??

I suspected something was up. It’s not like you not to post, nor to arbitrarily reduce to 7u (though I thought maybe that was a typo).

I lost one under anesthesia. It was a different situation — she was having surgery — but the phone call that they were losing her despite desperate efforts to pull her back and the feeling of “I did this to her” were we likely similar. And we too had done all of the tests (bloodwork, X-rays, etc) looking for “showstoppers.” It does sort of suck the breath out of you. You just never know, and especially with acros.

I’m guessing you’ll be pretty relieved to get back to Eddie’s regular level of drama (which probably seems significantly less stressful at the moment??). :)

9. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Oh, thanks, JL, for asking. I'm a bit off track after all that. I didn't even write that they intubated him before the oxygen tent. It was just too awful. They wrote in the report that the tech had seen Eddie appearing to struggle and thought he was coming out of the anesthesia so they gave him more. They hadn't noticed at first because they had him in a cat mask, apparently because he had growled at them. Well, that just did it. I feel horrified in imagining what he went through but, again, am grateful they acted quickly. Then was the dosage wrestling with the emerg vet.

As for me, I'm ok but it's end of term and all kind of chaos with students, committees, deadlines (my own as well as others).

I'm looking forward to Eddie's regular level of drama!! it seems today's something up. I mean an AMPS 9? I know yesterday was 9.8 but he didn't have diarrhea nor did he vomit.

I so understand that feeling you name of "I did this to her". It hits deep and hard. It's the feeling of helplessness, too, that gets mixed in. Phew.

Thanks, again, JL.