04/11/22 MICIO: AMPS 117 / 56@ +3 / 69@ +3.75 / 78@ +5.75 / 90@ +9 / PMPS 97 / 77@ +2

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA), Apr 11, 2022.

1. MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA)

MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA) Member

Yesterday: AMPS 122 / 78@ +9 / 98@ +5.5 / 106@ +9 / PMPS 113 / 78@ +3 / 81@ +5.75

Micio doing better in the last couple of days, we restarted Benazepril at a lower dosage...no more seizures, so far so good.
    Reduced dose tonight after sudden drop at 56 this morning, hope I did the right thing...?

2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Did you get him to the vet? What did the vet say? Did you speak with the vet about how nobody would help you while he/she was out of town?.

3. Suzanne & Darcy

Never mind! I just found your update. Somehow I missed it. That was all good news. I’m happy to hear he’s doing well on the reduced Benazepril dose now.

4. Suzanne & Darcy

How’s the sneezing? Is he congested? I have used both chlortrimeton and Zyrtec and Claritin in my cats before. Mostly these medications made them sleepy!

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I missed the tag/update in your last post here: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/0-04-22-micio-ambg-61-stalling.261552/

I don't agree with your vet on the stopping insulin bit. You are right, his numbers will guide you as to what to do. I'm not sure why you had increased to 7.25 units. He was seeing the 60's on 7.0 units, so I would have stuck with it.

Glad to hear the benazapril experiment seems to be working this time.

6. MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA)

He's not congested at all, he just does these "half" sneeze thing either while he's grooming himself, eating or even when I brush his teeth sometimes, or sometimes he sneeze out of nowhere. I tried giving him antihistamine for a couple of days to rule out allergies but no much changed. I can hear some little noise between his sinus and mouth when he breathes...I hope he won't get the infection back though.
    How's your kitty?

7. MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA)

It seemed to me his BG were getting higher so I increased at that time. Tonight I didn't give him a full dose neither cause he got down to 56 this mid morning and was fearing he'll drop even lower tonight

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Due to the nature of the depot, doing just a 0.5 unit reduction for the night cycle would not make much difference at Micio's size of dose. To really make a difference, it has to be a larger reduction. Think around 1/2.

9. Suzanne & Darcy

I have a lot of kitties! Now lately I have a kitty (Bingley) who was just diagnosed with inflammatory bowel disease. I think we caught it early based on his ultrasound. I’ve already started him on Prednisolone which I will taper to every other dosing after 30 days. My other cat with a current health problem is Ginger— I highly suspect that she has hyperthyroidism, but her bloodwork isn’t showing that yet in the T4 levels. She also has hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (mild at this point.). So those two are on meds and only one other one (Marcus) gets regular medication and he’s one of my FIV kitties but is doing really well. All the rest of my gang are currently in good health. William had been limping and hurt his tail, but seems to have made a full recovery.

10. Suzanne & Darcy

Keep us posted on Micio! ❤️