04/07 Eddie AMPS 418 +2.5 358 PMPS 446 @2.5 448 @3.5 421

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jodey&Eddie&Blue, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Jodey&Eddie&Blue Well-Known Member

2. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

I don't know what to do. @Wendy&Neko Am I going to have to increase to 9u after tonight?

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

He had low blues the first day of this dose, been a while since he's seen those sorts of numbers and is just bouncing. Low blues suggest you could hold the dose another day, to see where he goes when the bounce is over.

Jodey&Eddie&Blue likes this.
  4. Rainbow Conti

Rainbow Conti Well-Known Member

My heart is breaking for you sweetie please dont be too discouraged I have faith he will get there. He has a lot going on. Remember he is more than numbers. How are his 5 p's? He might be extra stressed to cause he is feeling your stress. Try to relax and just love on him. Do what you can but most importantly love on him play with him. I can feel your stress and worry through the messages and I'm here sending you good positive feelings <3 <3:bighug::bighug:

5. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Thank you so much. I'm doing my best to keep the ship steady through choppy waters but I'm stressed about the fact the currents are carrying us into unknown waters. I keep thinking I should do or know something beyond the charts. I do know that I love Eddie and I do love on him but he's not as friendly as he used to be before all this started. He's doing all the Ps in a good way but over the past year, his focus is on food, food, food and he only rarely seeks me out, whereas he used to do so all the time. In a way, I'm trying to find him in there and sometimes he is just not himself or he is this new self that does not care to be close. He will play, though, with a certain toy and now that the weather is better, I'm going to put his little harness on him and take him into the yard. I really appreciate your support.

6. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Ok, I will, thank you, Wendy.

7. JL and Chip

JL and Chip Well-Known Member

That was a pretty big drop last night into the PM +3 and it doesn’t look like you know how low he went after that. That combined with how fast he dropped can trigger a bounce. Like Wendy has said in the past, sometimes a big drop can trigger a bigger bounce than a lower number (I think I’ve seen the same, actually).

Also, if it makes you feel any better, a low blue on an AT is actually a “green” in my mind. I look at green as encompassing “normalish” range and having green go up to 100 on a human meter (because they tend to run lower) makes sense. But on a pet meter, normal is actually considered 70-120 (or even 130 or 140 in some references), so if green is “normal,” I’d argue that green range should be a bit higher on a pet meter spreadsheet. But that’s an aside. Bottom line, hang in there. It’s easy, when in the thick of caring for an acro, to be swamped by emotion and stress. Please take care of you too.

8. Wendy&Neko

That is the most important thing. :bighug: Self care is key.

9. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

I don't know whether this helps or hurts, but it's the numbers, not you. Mr Kitty was just a shell of a cat for the better part of a year/year and a half...no desire for people, affection, just food and sleep. I'm sure they feel rough, but all you can do for now is what you're doing, trying to get him as regulated as possible

10. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Hi Wendy PMPS 446.

Do you still think I should hold the dose another day?

11. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Helps or hurts. A little of both. Those infernal numbers. It's encouraging, though, to hear Mr. Kitty was doing that for a year/year and half and just food and sleep. This makes me realize I ought not to be burdening him with expectations and that I might just let him do food and sleep. This is both hard to realize and a relief. Thank you.

FrostD likes this.
  12. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

:bighug:

It's terrible, I know. And I often forgot just how far he'd "fallen" because it just slowly becomes new normal, then I'd find old videos or something. A bout of pancreatitis knocked him into regulation for like a week or two and I had him somewhat back...just to lose it again (theory there has to do with IAA but I digress). He was always my little buddy, but it got to the point he wouldn't even get up when I came in. Just flash me a glance and back to staring into space. No purrs for over a year.

Stick with it, you're doing everything you can, even when it doesn't feel like it :bighug:

13. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Oh, PureBites. That was the only thing he would light up for :rolleyes:

14. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

He will light up when I say "Does anyone want a chewy [our name for treats]?" He's right on it, which is actually how I get him to tolerate ear pokes. But he's good with timing. He will go into the kitchen and sit on the rug where the testing occurs. At times he will look at me and do the slow blink from his cat tower:cat:, which makes me incredibly happy. :)
    Thanks for sharing your story with Mr. Kitty. :bighug:

FrostD likes this.
  15. Wendy&Neko

Your choice, but I give you a warning. Tomorrow is six cycles after those low blues. It's possible he'll break the bounce then. A bounce break plus an increase can make for an "exciting" cycle. Maybe best to wait until Saturday unless you can monitor closely.

16. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Ok, I’ll follow this but I wanted to check. Thank you.

17. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

PMPS + 2.5 448 +3.5 421

Am I injecting water? When is a bounce not a bounce? Is it a full moon?

Honestly, I'm just letting off steam, but holy wow...

Last edited: Apr 8, 2022