03/31 Eddie AMPS 441 +3 389 +6 313 PMPS 367 +2 275 +3 194 +4 144 +6 164

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jodey&Eddie&Blue, Mar 31, 2022.

1. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Jodey&Eddie&Blue Well-Known Member

2. Rainbow Conti

Rainbow Conti Well-Known Member

Just stopping by to give :bighug::bighug:. I know this is so frustrating and disheartening.

Come on Eddie let's get going buddy!

Jodey&Eddie&Blue likes this.
  3. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Looks like a nasty bounce, I don't think he went very low yesterday, but the 28th possible.

How's he acting? If he's otherwise fine I'm not quite sure what the vet will/can do?

Jodey&Eddie&Blue likes this.
  4. Hendrick Cuddleclaw

Hendrick Cuddleclaw Well-Known Member

maybe bloodwork make sure there's nothing else going on? like a UTI or other infection

5. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

If a bounce, it's the nastiest yet. Maybe in response to the 27th & 28th, but holy wow, he's got me freaking out.
    Unfortunately (?) Eddie's only symptom of high numbers is a weird yellow-green light in his eyes and impatience about getting the food on the floor NOW. He's also a bit reactive: if I move in on him faster than he likes, he hisses.

As I said, with lower numbers I can do something. With these numbers I feel unable to help him except to keep poking at his ears. It's like injecting water instead of insulin.

I'm home for most of the day except for +4 to +5.5 and then again later this afternoon +8 for a bit.

FrostD likes this.
  6. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

The thing is Eddie also has acromegaly and has had hypophysectomy and SRT so we're dealing with DM as a consequence of that...

7. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

@ +3 389 after AMPS 441. This looks like yesterday: AMPS 464 +3 391.

Should I increase to 8u tonight, @Wendy&Neko

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

That, what Melissa said. A cat is so much more than his numbers. Anything other than his high numbers behaviour?

You could increase tonight if you want to, though personally I'd hold one more day. He did get to low blues on this dose.

9. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

I'm holding the dose for tonight even thought PMPS is 367. I'll probably increase tomorrow to 8u after AMPS if he's not broken the bounce. I know Eddie is much more than his numbers but he is one of those asymptomatic cats and I'm worried all these high numbers indicate there's something to heed. It's a mystery to be sure.

10. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Well we know bounces last up to 6 cycles right? Tonight is #3 or #6 (I think) depending on which one may have caused a bounce. So I'm not concerned about the numbers indicating something underlying yet...

If it was something like infection, you'd know. He'd be feverish, peeing/pooping out of the box, or vomiting/diarrhea, sleepy/lethargic.

Now if his numbers stayed like this without much reprieve past the typical bounce timeline, that's when I think about getting the magnifying glass out.

While I'm certainly not dismissing your concerns/anxiety, I do think you're looking for too much predictability/FD wrapped up in a nice neat
    package. Looking at other spreadsheets, yes it seems so "simple" for some cats. But as you stack on complexity (acro, hypophysectomy, SRTx2, prednisolone, FD, IAA) it gets harder and much less predictable/"neat". Ruby is a great example of that too.

11. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Good morning! Eddie is such a trickster. Look at last night. :rolleyes::cat:
    Haven’t done AMPS yet but I guess we’re not increasing.

FrostD likes this.
  12. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

See!

Today will be cycle 8 at this dose...those nadirs are creeping up on you. If no green I'd increase, but see what Wendy thinks.

13. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

So, at AMPS 362, I held the dose. But, yes, let's see what @Wendy&Neko thinks for today. I doubt we'll get to green.

14. La-La Leo

La-La Leo Well-Known Member

From 441 to 144! Wow!
    Just keep doing what you're doing! :smuggrin:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
  15. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Never a dull moment with Eddie! :cat:

16. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

PMPS 454 Tomorrow going up to 8u.