03/29 Pookie AMPS 110 +3 137 +6 146 PMPS 160 +2 124 +4 94

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Pookie kyle/Dalton, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Pookie kyle/Dalton

Pookie kyle/Dalton Member

Good morning everyone I hope we all had a fantastic weekend :) pookie spent the day being high yesterday and the day before but this morning HES got really good numbers :) down to 110 Dalton has administered his dose so I expect pookie to hopefully be in the greens today will make sure to keep an extra close eye today since he's low again!! Sorry for not posting yesterday but was a busy day getting new furniture:) the cats already love

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Nice start! :cool:

This is the 8th cycle on this dose after that token dose on 3/25 morning. Let's see where he goes today. If he bounces, from here, he may be due for an increase. Let's hope the dose increase threat works! :)

Pookie kyle/Dalton likes this.
  3. Pookie kyle/Dalton

Ok!! I hope he doesn't bounce but knowing pookie I know it's only a matter of time !! If he doesn't bounce today should i consider upping it tomorrow? .25 or if he has roughly the same numbers all day and into the night shoukd i stray at the dose he is at?

4. Bandit's Mom

He has had nadirs in the 80s on this dose, so there is room for increase unless he drops below that today. And yes, increases and decreases are in multiples of 0.25U.

I think I've mentioned this before - the lower numbers at AMPS make me wonder how much lower he went at night. In PM cycles where there is a considerable dip at +2 (like last night and 3/24), it would be a good idea to set an alarm for later in the cycle and get another test between +6 and +9 to see where he is. You would know if you are missing any lows at night. As you know, Lantus dosing is based on nadirs.

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start. I hope Pookie surfs safely today.

6. Pookie kyle/Dalton

He just got a +3 test and already going up a bit !! But still great numbers for him I will get a test in tonight especially Cuz of his numbers so far today

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  7. Bandit's Mom

He may bounce from these lows tonight. I would get up and test on a night when he sees a drop at PMPS +2 or +3.

8. Pookie kyle/Dalton

Ok so I just did Pookies PMPS blood test and HES still in the blue , 160 now I will definitely get up to test later in the night , should i still increase his dose possibly or should I hold him since he's been a bit lower today than normal

9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about increasing the dose. I wanted to point out that if you need an answer quickly, you can edit your subject line to ask. For example, dose question. Also you can put the ? icon on your subject line to let people know you have a question.

Pookie kyle/Dalton and JaxBenji like this.
  10. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

11. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Sorry, just seeing the tag. I'd give it another couple of cycles, from my perspective, since you had the reduced shot on March 25th, I would start the cycle count again, and you want 6-10 consecutive cycles before increasing, if nadirs are under 200. I'd give it until tomorrow evening, then increase. Unless he has some shenanigans planned before then ;)

You could perhaps increase tomorrow am if you don't see anything tonight, since you are able to test more during the day.

Pookie kyle/Dalton and JaxBenji like this.
  12. Pookie kyle/Dalton

thank you!! I will in the future I just tested pookie at +4 from his PMPS and down into the green!! He is at 94 now I will try to get a test in later on in the night as well especially cuz I've never had him in the greens at a night before

13. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

yay for green! I see it is early in the cycle, so keep a close eye if you can! I *think* he is still quite bouncy, so it is best if he doesn't drop too fast or he will bounce right back.

I know you are relatevely new here, Is what I am saying making sense? I don't want to explain "bouncing" and "feeding the curve", if you have already hear a million times, but happy to, if you have not....:)

14. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

oh, and you may want to change the title or start a new thread with today's date?

Just ignore me! :confused:
    I just realized your message is from your last night! Hope the evening went well!

15. Pookie kyle/Dalton

Yes he is quite a bit bouncy still but we've been slowly getting him to have better numbers over the past couple of days ! And yes It does !! I admit I still am trying to understand some things better especially when it comes to around his dosing !! But been doing my very best :)