? 03/23 Marley amps 61.2

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Marley1, Mar 23, 2024.

1. Marley1

Marley1 Member

Need some advise. Marley’s numbers have been within normal range for a couple weeks now. He has a couple lumps under his chin. They are red and rough. It’s likely acne or an allergy reaction but I’d like to take him to the vet to rule out anything else. My concern is, the last time his sugar spiked up was right after I took him to his last vet visit a couple weeks ago. He’s doing so good I don’t want to ruin it by stressing him at the vet. Should I wait and see if it goes down on its own? Could a vet visit put him back into high numbers again or would it just be a one time spike? Anyone else have this happen after a vet visit?

2. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Maverick gets super stressed with the whole experience. Getting him in the carrier, the car ride there, the vetty visit, and the car ride back. I wouldn’t worry about the impact to Marley’s BG, it would only be temporary.

3. Marley1

Marley1 Member

Ok thank you! I just love seeing these low numbers and I’d hate for anything to mess it up. Also hope the vet doesn’t prescribe meds. I’ve heard some meds can cause bg increase.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2024
    Christie & Maverick likes this.
  4. Christie & Maverick

Marley is indeed looking good :D. Hopefully not, just watch for anything steroid-based.

5. Marley1

Marley1 Member

Thank you! Yes I’m very happy about it. I was worried for a while there.
    I’m hoping it’s just feline acne. I don’t think he would need meds for that.

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  6. Christie & Maverick

What kind of bowl(s) are you using? I seem to recall some cats can have issues with plastic bowls?

7. Marley1

Marley1 Member

8. Marley1

Marley1 Member

I’ve always used metal bowls but for a few weeks he was using a plastic one because it was a timer feeder. He started getting itchy so I took it away a couple weeks ago. These bumps only started a couple days ago so I’m not sure if it’s related. Or maybe it’s related to his allergies. I still haven’t figured out what he’s allergic to.

9. Marley1

Marley1 Member

Update: the lumps are gone. Never found out definitively what it was. Vet said possible allergies but knew it wasn’t tumors because they were loose and not connected to anything. I’m happy to know my Marley is healthy!