03/17 Bubba AMPS 140; +2.5 86; +3.5 133; +9 196; PMPS 335: +5.5 176

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by bubbasmom (GA), Mar 17, 2023.

1. bubbasmom (GA)

bubbasmom (GA) Member

Yesterday

bubba keeping me on my toes with 7.8/140 this morning!
    On auto pilot this morning, I drew up 6U instead of 6.5U :eek::confused:
    Will see what this dose of 6U does today.

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

It's good you held the dose. If he heads up from here, you can increase tonight.

bubbasmom (GA) likes this.
  3. bubbasmom (GA)

bubbasmom (GA) Member

I think so too. We got a greenie!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. bubbasmom (GA)

bubbasmom (GA) Member

Went back up a little bit after the 4.8 to 7.4

5. bubbasmom (GA)

bubbasmom (GA) Member

Staying steady in the blues… decrease water intake and pp output, not as hungry either. Relaxing on couch.

6. bubbasmom (GA)

bubbasmom (GA) Member

if Bubba remains in the blues, or low yellows should I increase to 6.5U tonight, or remain at 6U? I start work tmrw so won't be around late to check BGs, family may be able to check tonight and the weekend too.. to ensure Bubba doesn't go too low.

@Wendy&Neko @Bandit's Mom

there's always "something" that has to happen/change/require more observation when I'm about to start my work set lol

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

This isn't an ideal dose for him. What you could do to try to improve things a bit, is maybe a 0.25 units increase. Harder to measure is the downside. Sometimes a smaller increase will help tweak a dose already seeing green. With those higher pinks in there, I suspect he needs the full increase, but you can call it an experiment, and a safer option.

8. bubbasmom (GA)

bubbasmom (GA) Member

Thanks Wendy! 6.25U it is. At least he hasn't seen pinks in two days now and will see how the 6.25U goes!
    :bighug::cool::D:nailbiting::smuggrin:

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Some cats are sensitive to smaller dose changes, even at higher doses. Neko was, but I tended to reduce in smaller amounts and take the full increase. ECID though.

10. bubbasmom (GA)

bubbasmom (GA) Member

yeah... worst thing happens is Bubba continues to hover in the blues/yellows with the occasional green on 6.25U, then we would know for sure he would need just a lil bit more juice to get into the greens safely ... and possibly reducing the chance of a lime!

he's made tremendous progress the last few weeks regardless, so I am happy :) :)
    overall less of the 3Ps - may have a day here or there where he drinks or pees a bit more, but not like before Dx and when his sugars were riding sky high; he's ambulating better (even jumping on/off the couch - he may need a boost here and there)
    and overall just looks more comfy and content

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
  11. bubbasmom (GA)

bubbasmom (GA) Member

Annnnddd of course Bubba is :p @ PMPS lol :rolleyes:
    Gave 6.25U anyways :nailbiting::blackeye:

Bandit's Mom likes this.