03/16 Eddie AMPS 347 +4 380 +6.25 259

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jodey&Eddie&Blue, Mar 16, 2023.

1. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Jodey&Eddie&Blue Well-Known Member

2. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

@Wendy&Neko Does this still suggest to stay steady???

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Eddie keeps sliding down.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

When following SLGS, you hold the dose for 7 days (unless he goes under 90), before deciding if he needs an increase. Today is day 5.

5. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

I guess I'm asking because even though my SS says SLGS, I'm operating somewhere in between it and TR, just because work hours became a factor as did SRT. For example, with SLGS, a number below 90 calls for a decrease of 0.25 but I've been decreasing by 1.0 u. I guess the wild card is SRT here so it's hard to determine what protocol for Eddie is right. TR calls for testing at least 4x daily, which is what I've been doing rather than testing every 7 days...I'm testing frequently because SRT makes for unpredictability...

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

We don't recommend mixing and matching the two dosing methods. There are safety mechanisms built in to each one, and studies done on both methods when written as is. The only suggestions for deviation is if using TR with a higher dose kitty with secondary condition, causing the dose to drop frequently. TR also says only 0.25 unit dose changes, but if you read the original paper on it, and the German forum where it started, there are allowances for larger changes in higher dosed cats.

Eddie got to 58 on the AT with 11 units, that's way too low. I wouldn't recommend going back there. I know you are trying to test twice each cycle, but sometimes life gets in the way. With SRT action happening, an extra layer of caution is required.

Jodey&Eddie&Blue likes this.
  7. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Yes, it is complicated with not only a secondary condition but also a secondary condition that has been treated by a procedure that influences the dosing methods.
    When I said I somewhere in between SRT and TR, I meant only with the frequency of testing since I've been testing more or less as if we were on TR (at least 4x daily) instead of a curve after 7 days...

One more thing: if an increase is warranted at some point and 11u got him too low, should I just increase by 0.5u?