? 03/05 Henry AMPS 89 +5.5 69 PMPS 86 +3.5 76

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Golf2015, Mar 5, 2023.

1. Golf2015

Golf2015 Well-Known Member

Previous Thread

I need you folks to open the hyperlink below (Lilly Press Release of Insulin Costs)

1. I think the way I interpret the release goes as follows
    2. Launching RezvoglarTM (insulin glargine-aglr) injection, a basal insulin that is biosimilar to, and interchangeable with, Lantus® (insulin glargine) injection, for $92 per five pack of KwikPens®, a 78% discount to Lantus, effective April 1, 2023.
    3. Is the costs for (5) pens going to be $92.00 for the Non Insured?
    4. See what you folks think about this release

Thanks

https://investor.lilly.com/news-rel...prices-70-and-caps-patient-insulin-out-pocket

Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
  2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

What I'm seeing is that there may be a problem. They break the pricing into people with commercial insurance and then there are those who pay cash. Either way, you go through InsulinAffordability.com to download the discount card. The big question will be if you can use it for your cat. Glargine does not have an indication for any species other than a human. If you present a prescription from your vet, some pharmacies may not honor Lilly's discount.

3. Golf2015

I think the InsulinAffordability.com is for capping the insulin costs to $35.00 a month short of that it's $92 for the (5) pens over the counter? Maybe?

4. Golf2015

Lilly Insulin Value Program
    Through the Lilly Insulin Value Program, all Lilly insulins are available for $35 a month whether you have commercial insurance or no insurance.*

These savings cover all Lilly insulins.

1.Download Savings Card

2.Print or present mobile device to pharmacist

3.Receive discounted Lilly insulin

*Terms and conditions apply. At retail pharmacies. Government restrictions exclude people enrolled in federal government insurance programs from Lilly's $35 solutions. But federal law provides that Medicare Part D beneficiaries also pay no more than $35 per month for insulin.

Download your $35/month
    Insulin Savings Card

I have commercial insurance
    I pay cash