02/13-Freckles/Judy PMPS 131, 128@+1, 106@+3 (snack), 90@+4-, 115@+5

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Freckles, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Judy and Freckles

Judy and Freckles Well-Known Member

Yesterday's post

After my screw up FS yesterday, Freckles is saving the day by showing some blues. I bet we'll be hitting greens tonight. :)

So my question is, if a CG is using food to keep their kitty out of the limes and in the safe green zone, does it still take a week of those low numbers to earn a reduction?

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Yes. You need a week in normal numbers to earn a reduction that way. Max never made it but it did give him lots of healing pancreas time.

Si am cat mom likes this.
  3. Judy and Freckles

But if you have to use food to keep the cat out of the limes, aren't the numbers artificially inflated with the food? Doesn't this then say that the dose is too high?

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If a kitty really wants a reduction, they usually find the limes regardless. However, I have some caveats for higher dose cats. Heard anything yet on the test results?

5. Judy and Freckles

No, nothing on test results. I kept checking my email today as I thought I might get something from my vet.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hopefully tomorrow or Monday.

Judy and Freckles likes this.
  7. Judy and Freckles

115 @+5 - off to bed... looks like there are enough kitties going low tonight on this forum without Freckles adding to the mix! :cat: