01/30 Blue AMPS 176 +9 187 PMPS 218 +9 149

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jodey&Eddie&Blue, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Jodey&Eddie&Blue Well-Known Member

2. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

@Wendy&Neko I'm looking at Blue's spreadsheet and while he's almost always in the blue zone, he has very infrequent green. Does it make sense to evaluate his dose of 7.5, which keeps him in the blue zone but a relatively high blue. Or is that just asking for trouble?

When the weather is better (!!) and the roads not so treacherous, I'll probably get Blue checked out for regrowth...but for now...

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

That! Didn't you say you are pretty busy with teaching this semester? With you following SLGS, you don't want him much lower, especially if you can't monitor closely.

Blue's been on this dose for almost two months. That does not scream regrowth to me. Regrowth typically means increasing insulin needs, not flat. Besides where would you take him? I thought the island was a disaster?

5. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Yes, I did say I'm busy but as you can see I'm monitoring Eddie pretty closely. But that's moot. My question was just a question, really, about evaluation.

Blue came out of remission in July 2022 and that was following some really intense medical issues that landed him a number of times over the month at the emergency vet, not the least was that nasalpharageal issue with the blockage/constipation and the concern over kidney function. After I started him on low phosphorous and we changed his Levothyroxine, his last blood panel showed a return to more normal kidney numbers.

I say regrowth because Blue has been off insulin for about two years prior to my starting his spreadsheet on FDMB on July 29, 2022 and since then his insulin dose has increased from 2.0 units to 7.5 units. Right now he's more or less flat but while that may not signal regrowth it doesn't cancel it out either.

I would not take him to VCA Victoria (nor would I take any of the cats there ever). I would go to VCA Calgary where they were truly wonderful not only with treatments and administration of SRT but also with communication.