01-25 Panzer PMPS 122/ High Leukocytes/64@+4/70@+5/75@+6

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chrispooky12, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Chrispooky12

Chrispooky12 Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...9-25-10-25-116-11-25-106-101-pmps-112.273323/

Continuing on from my last comment on my thread where I tagged quite a few people. I've had one crazy day. First of all we got hit with a ton of snow overnight & this morning so I didn't get to clean the house I was supposed to clean because he canceled, I will be either cleaning it tomorrow or doubling up 2 houses on Tuesday. I have my appointment at the trustee tomorrow to see if there going to help me with rent & utilities through my recovery from my hysterectomy. It's at 1030am so best to have the day off.

Anyways I was asking which culture Panzer needed to get done for the 500 +++ leukocytes that came back in his urine after 11 days of being off of the doxycycline because the receptionist named so many.. They gave me a price of over $200 because they said they had to sedate Panzer to do a cystocentesis. He is an absolute terror at the vet 2 vet techs had to hold him down while the vet pulled the urine out at the vet we are no longer at for his last culture. My vet now wasn't comfortable doing that & wanted to sedate him. Panzer was sedated twice at the 2nd vet I went to that pulled all but 2 of his teeth. He was speedy, dilated pupils, not wanting to sleep & even falling down some. I didn't want to put him through that again so they want me to try the doxycycline for 28 more days 50mg twice a day & I'm also giving him 8mg of cerenia @PMPS we started it tonight & will start the doxycycline @ AMPS tomorrow & I will add in Ondansetron if he needs it. I don't have enough cerenia for the 28 days of doxycycline because I only had so much $ they are very reasonably priced at my vets office though $14 for 4 16mg pills so I will get another box before we run out.

I witnessed a car accident on the way to the vet. I saw a truck hit a small SUV & they both ended up in the field. I stopped at the stop sign put my flashers on & called 911. The guy driving the truck got out of the truck & went over to check on the other vehicle whom was sitting there with the car alarm going off & not getting out. He opened there door & headed back to his truck, I asked him if they were ok & he gave me a thumbs up I yelled to him I called 911 they are on there way. I went on to the vet to pick Panzer's medicine up & I just lost it in my car couldn't stop crying. I am so worried about my baby & what him having high Leukocytes could mean of course I Googled it & leukemia came up I hope that's not it but I'm still freaked out about it! I went back to make sure the people were okay & told them what happened. They had the guy in the other vehicle in the ambulance checking on him & assured me that he was going to be okay! The tow truck got in the way before I could get through so I had to back about a mile down the country road to get to a driveway & turn around. During that time 3 vehicles came behind me & I had to tell them turn around there's an accident & you can't get through. I've have to say that this has been a crazy day:arghh:

Hopefully another round of antibiotics with cerenia which helps with inflammation will help him to get completely over this! I was even thinking of rescheduling my hysterectomy to have the $ to figure out what's wrong with Panzer, but to be honest my body is rejecting the so called birth control. I'm bleeding off & on & it's getting heavy & it's going to become an emergency which I don't want but it's going to happen if I keep putting it off.

Any advice or thoughts on the high Leukocytes? I'm already freaked out but I want to know what I'm up against?

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Sending prayers the 28 days of the doxy will knock out any infection that's going on. Try and not think the worse , I was reading about it too and it doesn't always mean it's cancer. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:♥♥

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Wow, quite a crazy day is right! I hope the folks in the accident are OK. Good of you to call 911.

High leukocytes (white blood cells) are indicative of urinary tract infections. The standard C&S or culture and sensitivity should tell you what type of bug is causing the infection. So the right antibiotic is given. Dr. Lisa's website has a good description of the types of cultures done. https://catinfo.org/feline-urinary-tract-diseases/#Urinary_Tract_Infection__

4. Chrispooky12

What a 64 @+4:D oh boy

5. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Slow down there Panzer :cat:

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  6. Chrispooky12

I went ahead & gave Panzer 1/4 pill of Ondansetron, I'm glad I did he was slow to eat & had to have Fortiflora on his food to finish it. He's also sitting in the pain loaf position.

7. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Yep, as we talked about before the high leukocytes in Panzer’s urine told me that his UTI was not gone. But you were told by a receptionist or someone else there (not the vet) that his UTI was gone. So what a screw up on their part. I was not buying into the explanation that having high leukocytes in the urine of over 500 was “typical of diabetics.” Now I am concerned that he was off of the doxycycline for a period of time. How long was the gap between when he ran out of the doxycycline and yesterday when you got more doxycycline?

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  8. Suzanne & Darcy

I hope everything goes well today, and that you are able to get the help that you need with bills.

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  9. Chrispooky12

His last dose of doxycycline was on January 9th & I gave him his first dose @ AMPS today, so 16 days with no doxycycline.

10. Chrispooky12

They canceled my appointment for today. I'm rescheduled for February 10th which will be a week after my surgery. I have no clue how I'm going to get there, unless I can drive by then. My daughter works 6am 2pm Mon- Fri, she's off on my surgery day though. Maybe I can get my land lady to take me Lol

11. Chrispooky12

It looks like Panzer is bouncing from that beautiful PMPS cycle last night. My daughter is supposed to be coming for test feed & shoot tonight. I'm slowly moving Panzer from 6am 6pm to 5am 5pm shot time, that time works better for my surgery.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  12. Skye & Jackson

Skye & Jackson Member

I’m not an expert by any means, but to me that sounds like a UTI too. Especially combined with the belly-pain loaf position.

As for your surgery, good luck! :) I can tell you from personal experience that recovery is a process - for one, I recommend avoiding straining your belly muscles too much for longer than the doctors recommend in order to avoid creating a surgical hernia - but that it’s totally worth it. Pain and blood, anemia and misery, all gone forever. :bighug:

Suzanne & Darcy and Chrispooky12 like this.
  13. Chrispooky12

Test feed shoot with my daughter was a mess. I had to poke Panzer again to get blood, she accidentally put the bottom lid on the loaded syringe so I had her shoot what was left in that syringe in the sink & dispose of it, then we got the 2nd syringe ready. Neither one of them wanted to eat, we went through 2 packets of fortiflora & Panzer still left about a teaspoon of food. She didn't shoot him in the right place so he jerked away but the insulin went in him. I tried to show her his shoulder blade & to shoot right beside it. She said mom he's black :p:p:p I said well you can feel it! She definitely needs more practice!

14. Suzanne & Darcy

Maybe she can just do the scruff. It’s easier. Just lift and shoot up into the scruff. ??

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  15. Chrispooky12

Yes I agree, it's either a UTI or a bladder infection. I know never to trust a receptionist again nobody else was there though.

Yes I can't wait to get this surgery over with. I plan on taking it as easy as I can. I will have 3 small incisions that have to heal up. I will be so glad to not have anymore pain, bleeding, & I won't have to take birth control or iron pills anymore!

I remember after I gave birth to my daughter, I had to go back to work when she was 2wks old. Her Dad was a loser & luckily I had my Mom at the time to keep her while I worked since she was so small. I had her natural birth though & only had to have 2 stitches. It's like having a baby (uterus) but no incisions when birthing.

Skye & Jackson likes this.
  16. Chrispooky12

Maybe I've never done the scruff before though, that might freak Panzer out, wth is my sissy doing to me LOL

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  17. Skye & Jackson

Skye & Jackson Member

Ah, that does sound easier. That’s how they had originally intended to do mine, but when the surgeon found endometriosis, they ended up having to do a full horizontal incision instead to clean me out. At least that’s waaaay better than a vertical one though! Smaller and better healing. If yours is just laparoscopic, you’ll do fine. (Thumbs up)

As for shooting into the scruff, it’s basically the same except the skin and fat pad underneath are looser (though that can depend on the cat). I shoot in different spots over Jackson’s shoulder and scruff and back of the neck to try to avoid over-using one area…

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
    Chrispooky12 likes this.
  18. Chrispooky12

Panzer has not eaten well the past 2 feedings. He's probably not feeling well & that's the reason although him & Spook are running through the house playing as I'm writing this:cat: If he doesn't eat well @ AMPS feeding I will be putting miritaz on his ear in between AMPS & +3 AMPS snack. The last time he had it was on 1-23-23 which normally he goes 2-3 wks without needing it, but given the circumstances I guess it's needed. Hopefully we will see better #s tomorrow as well.

19. Chrispooky12

2 beautiful cycles so far today :cool::D

20. Chrispooky12

We are finally at the new shot time from 6am to 5am & he's sitting @72 nadir @ AMPS unless he went below that in between + 8 PMPS & AMPS which I doubt. I'm glad to see that beautiful number, but will be scared once I have to go back to work tomorrow. I will be cleaning 6 houses in 4 days!