? 01/13/22 MICIO: AMPS 177 / 127@ +3 / 135@+5.5 / 131@ +9.25 / PMPS 142 / 97@ +3.25

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA), Jan 13, 2022.

1. MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA)

MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA) Member

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I think you have room to increase. So far those greens are pretty high. A bit higher dose might push the whole range down.

If the BG is under 100, post here for help if you need it. You don't need to stall, that is just one of the options. If under 100 but on his way up, and you are around to monitor, definitely no need to stall. Check out the options in the section on lower preshots here: Tight Regulation: Becoming Data Ready to Shoot / Handle Lower Pre-shot Numbers

3. MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA)

I did increase to 5u this morning and going to collect data on those +1, +2 and +10, +11 before I start shooting low.
    Now, if I could only stop with the "possible" fur shots, that would be great :(
    Not entirely sure what's happening...when I shoot, I make sure I'm pulling the skin up and I see/feel the needle going in, then make sure I push the plunge all the way to the end (I double check!) and pull the needle out BUT yet sometimes the smell of insulin is great on his skin and that makes me think I did a fur shot...but not sure, while most times I don't smell it at all...
    What am I doing wrong? This is driving me insane...

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Does the fur feel wet? From what you describe it doesn’t sound like you are giving fur shots. At 5 units you would definitely feel a wet spot.
    Please start a new condo for today. Thanks.

5. MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA)

Fur doesn't feel wet, just smell insulin though. Will start a new thread

tiffmaxee likes this.