3/10 Shadoe pmps 342 +6~200

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Blue, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Yesterday’s Condo

Yesterday's recap:
    338 - amps (13L)
    347 - +1
    288 - pmps (14L & 1.5R)
    209 - +1
    140 - +2
    151 - +3
    158 - +4
    342 - +11
    364 - today's amps (14L)

So, it's another day. More juice, more tests, more numbers. For some reason, Shadoe wants to get the ball going this morn; she did not come onto the bed, rather she stood in the doorway and stared at me to get up. New tactic I guess, but it worked :lol: I got up to see how come she changed it up, to see what she would test. I am always up around her +11, just in case I want to test and see if she is on her way up or down. All data helps.

She tested what I figured: a pink 342 It is interesting when you find that you DO catch on to your cat's style and can pretty much 'read' your cat's number by their actions and mannerisms.

Obviously we are both learning because she tricked me to get up and test needlessly, but she did not get the expected treats and juice and food like she expected. Oh, she tried! Oh yes! Lots of meowing and coming over for pats and attention and then waddling over to the treat rug, but to no avail. I had to tell her many many times this morn that it was NOT time so she could park her waddly belly over on the test spot of the sofa and wait.

And that is where she is now, waiting and watching TV while she waits, with the odd glance over in the direction of the little treat jar :lol: :roll:

So, last nite was interesting. Even though her pmps was a bit lower than usual, a high yellow, I wanted to see where the 'usual dose' of R would bring her. We also increased her Lantus dose to 14u, but I did not think much would be different in the downward direction as it would be busy filling the shed and doing some NDW stuff. Usually, she comes down a bit with the R by +2, but never a big crazy drop, so I stuck with the 1.5u. Knowing what Shadoe usually does with that R and how crappy the Lantus is at taking over for very long, it went OK.
    True to her past, she dropped a couple times, by 70 and 70 or so, then headed up again slowly. :-| Even still, it was nice to see her get some blues and she was liking them.

In the past, she looked like she had someone else's paws on and backwards if she got down to blue; she looked like whoa this is crazy **** and I want off this merry-go-round!
    Now, it looks like she is thinking hey I remember this stuff- it's not that bad.

So that's the start to the day. It's another nice open-the-window day and Shadoe is sitting on another pillow atop the back of the sofa and in front of the window. She saw a bird the first time I opened it on the weekend and FREAKED, but quickly overcame the scare and scurry/waddled over to the window to look for the bird.
    I haven't the heart to tell her that she may have a bit of a wait, but she is happy watching other stuff like the construction of a highrise beside us. The equipment and trucks are such fun to watch I bet.

Since I am behind schedule yet again due to Shadoe's demands for undivided attention, I will be able to catch a +1 before heading out the door for work. No other numbers till +11 or pmps as it's gym day after work.

Happy spring day times for all kitties and beans today.
    Let the sun shine and the flowers bloom! What? Too early? Who cares, get a potted plant for the indoors and a nice sun lamp.

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 3/10 Shadoe +11 342 amps 364

Nice blues last night Shadoe! Do again.
    Enjoy the day, you two.

3. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Behind in your servant duties? Come now, Gayle. Shadoe shouldn't be made to put up with that.

I find it so interesting that you can read her behavior so well and that it corresponds to her BG. I can't do that.

Loved those blues last night! Wishing you more today.

4. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Hopefully Shadoe will want to keep going back to the nice feeling numbers...nice ones last night!!!
    Hope you enjoy your day Gayle!

5. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 3/10 Shadoe +10.5 346 pmps 342

Shadoe seemed fine when I got home but she had a wee accident just outside the LB, and that has not happened since shortly after her dx. I don't know what is up with that, but I will watch and see.

Weird, but she must be getting some sort of buzz from her shots that make her want to clean her back paws, paying particular attention to each nail and toe. She spreads them wide apart and cleans like crazy for a few minutes and then she is done. She does this little cleaning thing after her shots of R; I have not seen her do this in the mornings or when she just gets Lantus.

Anyways, I am hoping we will get some nice numbers this evening.

6. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/10 Shadoe pmps 342 +1~308 +2~229 +3~236

This whole journey that you've been having with Shadoe is amazing. You have done a spectacular job of being an advocate for your kitty as well as a loving Mommy. And you never seem to flinch. I know you've heard this a thousand times before, but Shadoe is lucky to have you :D

Caryl

7. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/10 Shadoe pmps 342 +1~308 +2~229 +3~236

Just checking in Gayle
    Nice low yellows tonight - hope this trend contniues downward.
    I hope that accident was something very minor and it passes very quickly.

8. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Shadoe has a nice run of yellows going, but I am going to sleep.
    I am up again in less than 4hrs, it should be interesting to see her amps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.