12/15 Michelangelo AMPS 320, +6/256

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by KPassa, Dec 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

Previous Condo.

Decreased his dose today to 1u since I've had to skip a few shots the last couple of days and he dropped below 50 on his PMBG last night.

From my previous tests, the Prime reads about 10-20 points low on higher numbers. Since Michelangelo was physically fine and showing no symptoms of hypoglycemia, I'm now thinking the Micro reads 10-20 points low on lower numbers. That's one of the reasons his PMBG shocked me so much yesterday because he was nowhere near his nadir (which had been high) and was acting completely normal. Today, I'm going to make sure I get some afternoon tests in, just in case he follows along a similar pattern as yesterday. Since I skipped his shot last night and decreased his dose this morning, I'm not expecting to see that great of numbers today, though.

I've been doubling the formula above. For example, he's been weighing a steady 8 pounds these last few days, so 2(8(13.6)+70)=357.6 calories per day. Since I mostly free-feed, as long as I see he's consuming between 325-375 calories per day, I'm not too worried. When he starts consuming more than his daily weight, that's usually been my heads up that he'll be growing again. And since he's never consumed too little, I haven't had to worry on that front yet. :lol:

My question from yesterday is when I should stop doubling the formula, which, thanks to you for the Max's House link, I now know to wait till he's at least 9 months old. :D

2. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Looks like mikey is clearing his bounce nicely. Paws crossed for the new dose. And the timing is perfect with you needing to go out of town.

Sorry, but I see that formula quoted so often out of context, that it gets to me. :? I'd just like to see it put to rest except for overweight cats.

3. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

No need to apologize! I appreciate it because there are times when I miss things and this could have been one of them. :D So, I should be thanking you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.