3/5 Jen's Oreo +11.75~65, AMPS~83, +6~158 vet update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jen and Oreo (GA), Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning LL. That 11.75 gives me a clue why she was throwing some pinks and reds. Stalled 15 minutes and got the 83, so I hooted. The 134 is pre-vet visit number. Will get another one here shortly.

Previous Condo

WCR: She is feeling good today! bcatrun_gif

Vet update: spoke about the things Jojo mentioned and vet agreed it could be any of those. We are going to try some Clinda and see if that gets rid of the sneezes. If not, she goes in for dental and x-rays of mouth and nasal cavity. He did say the Clinda tastes yucky but refridgerating it helps that a little. I seem to remember others having tips to help with the taste. Can you let me know what those were?

Home all day for my tree day weekend :smile: Have a good day LL.

2. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

Re: 3/5 Jen's Oreo +11.75~65, AMPS~83, +2.5~134 vet update

I think some have tried drawing tuna juice first, then the liquid, then juice again, to hide the taste? Or mixing with tuna juice? There's also an injectable version, Sharyn and Fiona tried it, and she thinks that stings - kitty cried out. Strangely, I think she ended up giving the liquid (non-inj) straight (nothing mixed in), after that, and kitty liked the taste of it, go figure! (Or I may have confused that second part with another kitty, but some kitty definitely liked the taste of it!) Don't use the pill version; see Dr Lisa's signature links for reason.

3. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Re: 3/5 Jen's Oreo +11.75~65, AMPS~83, +4~142 vet update

I think I remember someone having it formulated with tuna juice. Or they drew it up that way, as WCF mentioned.

Glad you caught that green. Good luck with the vet visit.

4. Jen and Oreo (GA)

I didn't get the pill version, got the liquid. Tuna juice, that's what I remember :smile: thanks WCF! I may have to go get some cans of tuna. I have a pouch, but no cans.

Not a bad number for post vet visit :mrgreen:

5. Michelle and Doodle

Michelle and Doodle Member

Jen,
    I personally found Clindamycin to be the easiest med EVER!!
    I just squirt it in Doodle's food and he eats it - seriously - nothing else needed.
    Oreo might not agree, but Doodle thinks "what's the big?"
    I do have to sprinkle it with a topping sometimes - but I have to do that anyway, so...

It's worth trying. Yes you risk wasting a dose and some food, but if it it works, you're golden.

Before I started doing it that way I also had good results by saturating some freeze dried treats.
    I hope it ends up being as easy for you!

6. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Nice bloo surf so far today :smile:

7. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

nice blue day!

I'm glad you caught the 65, I wonder where else Oreo went last night?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.