8/4 Neko PMPS 284 +3 410 - travel day #2

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Wendy&Neko, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yesterday http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=76372 started out as bounce recovery/travel stress, then she showed me she was doing just fine thank you!

8/3 Recap:
    AMPS 441 +5 320
    PMPS 252 +3 225 +4 151 +6 98 :mrgreen:

We are now in Billing, Montana after 8 3/4 hours on the road. Neko continues to be a champion traveler. The highlight - she used the LB for peeing in the car! After we stopped for lunch, she charged into the back trunk and did the job. We had stopped earlier in the day because we thought she wanted to go, but no dice. Seems the car has to be stopped for her to go. We are still waiting for prezzies and it's now been two days. There was a food switch to Wellness there but she is about due. We didn't have a +9/5 snack today - she's not as keen on food in the car and I had to convince her to eat her treat after her +5 treat. I could tell she was done at the end of the day, because she wanted into her carrier. She was there the last couple of hours of the trip with the door open, but it seems to be the only place she can get some good sleep.

Neko is now a lovey dovey at DH's feet and it is almost time for test/feed/shoot. Mornings we are switching to not have +1, +2, +3 because I'm not sure she'll eat in the car, so while on the road it'll be a AMPS and a +whenever we are ready to hit the road.

@Tracy - we will be in Colorado Sunday at dinner so starting first thing Monday. Regarding the phone, it's only for alarms! I borrowed a friend's temporary US phone. $2 a day for all calls in the US and all texting to US or Canada! Ouch on your bill!

@Pip - the green was a surprise, especially after a reduction and stress!

@Ann - Thanks for the extra vines, we'll use all we can get!

@Michelle - total surprise on Neko's numbers. I am so pleased with her. cat_pet_icon We expected bad Seattle traffic and got through well before rush hour, but the closure of the floating bridge made things a tad worse than usual.

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 8/4 Neko AMPS 271 +5 194 - travel day #2

Great report on your travels. Personally, I'd be glad for no prezzies while in the car. That might be a bit more aroma in a closed compartment than what I'd bargained for.

3. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update, Wendy. Great report! Neko is quite the traveller. :D
    Liz

4. tortie58

tortie58 Well-Known Member

Glad that you had a smooth journey Wendy with Neko doing so well! Another day of driving before you arrive?

5. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Neko, you are a champion traveler!

So glad to hear that you all are doing well on the trip. When we travel with Rusty we always leave the door to his carrier open and he goes into it when he wants to sleep. He also enjoys sitting on top of it, looking out the window. It's great that Neko will eat something during the day's drive. We cannot get Rusty to eat (probably just as well that he doesn't eat, since he gets carsick easily). Stu always ate something at every rest stop. ECID!

Have a good drive tomorrow. We'll be thinking of you and sending lots of good vibes for the SRT.

Hugs to you all,

Ella & Rusty

6. Wendy&Neko

Re: 8/4 Neko PMPS 284 - travel day #2

PMPS 284
    Three yellow PS while on the road. Actually the first time ever for Neko she has done three in a row. She's being a bit clingy and affectionate, but I'm OK with that! She's currently on DH's lap. The other good thing to carry on travel was Neko's favourite scratching post. It was a last minute addition but she has been a regular user of it, just marking her space I presume.

@Sienne - I agree on the smell :lol: And now that she's on Wellness instead of raw it'll be more noticeable. I might hit a pet store in Fort Collins and see if we can get a couple of days of raw food for while we are there. I'm not sure if it's the travel, but she's left the odd crumb of Wellness but with raw her dishes at home are licked sparkling clean.

@Liz - Neko continues to exceed our expectations, but I'm sure she'll be glad to be done.

@Helen - yes, one more day. I was debating 2 or 3 days for the trip home, but now I think it's going to be 3. It's just too long and hard and all of us. Plus I can't imagine doing the test/feed/shoot while on the road.

@Ella - my previous cat used to get sick if the road was at all curvy. I am so grateful that's not an issue with Neko.

7. Pip & Rupert

Pip & Rupert Well-Known Member

Re: 8/4 Neko PMPS 284 - travel day #2

great to hear your reports! so glad it's going so well/smoothly and Neko is proving to be a great traveller!!!

We've never driven thru Montana, it's one state we'd really like to see! We'll be heading directly to Nampa next month, so that's down I5 to Everett, then we turn east and head over Snoqualmie Pass, down thru Yakima, Pendleton, across the corner of oregon and then sneak into Boise/Nampa Idaho. Easy drive for us.

thanx for the updates, it's really fun to hear how things are going and so glad Neko is developing a great road trip routine!

8. Wendy&Neko

+3 410
    And to bounce in response to wherever she got last night begins. I get to sleep early tonight! Good thing as we are now on mountain time and lost an hour. Neko just spent the last hour on our bed watching the Olympics with us. Canada won the women's trampoline gold so Neko is trying to copy her.

@Pip - we are taking a different route back (for variety) and it'll be the route your are taking. I'm just doing some route planning and we might be staying in Pendleton one night. Tomorrow we do Wyoming and northern Colorado and I've never seen either of those before.

9. Tracy & Leo

Tracy & Leo Well-Known Member

Awwww it's great to hear Neko is such a good traveller and using her lb to boot! Yay Neko! :D Leo serenaded us for at least a few hours each day while traveling. :lol: is it very hot down there?

Where will you be staying? There was a great big petco near CSU that I bought Leo's food at, it's maybe 3 blocks or so away.

I'll check in later with you guys, hope today was just as good as the last 2 days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.