Tawny--Fundraiser Ended

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN), Nov 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN)

Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN) Member

I am happy to report that through the blessings of a very generous donor, DCIN has finally reached and slightly exceeded it goal of raising $4,500 for Tawny's hospitalization. I will be shutting down the chip-in. The excess funds will be used for Tawny's follow-up visits.

Thank you to all the marvelous people who continue to pray for Tawny and send her good thoughts and well wishes. The power of this Board is mighty.

Also, a deep and sincere thank you to all who contributed to Tawny's cause. She was and is able to get the help she needs because of you. A special thank you to the Lantus Land Emergency Fund and the Lantus Land Friends In Honor of Jill (& Alex) and Mike.

My most special thanks to the Louisiana Veterinary Referral Center (LVRC) for its expert and loving care of Tawny, and for accepting payments that are within DCIN's budget by comping many services and providing a deep discount on others.

If you would like to express your thanks to the LVRC for saving Tawny, please post that here. DCIN will be sending those comments to the LVRC.

2. DD & Tinkerbell

DD & Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

Re: Tawny Wants to Say Thank You!

11/20/11: Tawny is home, & wants to say thank you. Please see our 11/20/11 p.m. post in LL:
    Tawny & Mommie Say Thank You.

-------

A HUGE AND VERY SPECIAL THANKS goes out to the Louisiana Veterinary Referral Center (LVRC), especially Dr. Hebert and Dr. Amanda, the two veterinarians I worked most closely with, for their patience with me when explaining things and answering my million questions, for caring so much about Tawny and for their unparalleled care of Tawny, care that saved her life; to all the other fabulous veterinarians at LVRC, including Dr. Staten, who admitted Tawny both times she was admitted and got her the emergency care she needed immediately; to Dr. Arceneaux for caring so much about Tawny and for his patience in discussing Tawny's case with both Venita and me, for providing the community with such a fabulous clinic and for caring about the health and well being of the animals first and foremost; and to all the veterinarians who worked behind the scenes I know were there but who I never got a chance to speak to or meet; and to all the techs and assistants I met, as well as those I didn't, who took such special good care of Tawny; and indeed, to all the rest of you at LVRC too, each of you who I know had a hand in caring for her, giving her a scritch or a hug or a kiss on top of her head or a brushing when she needed it, and for just being there for her. And for me.

From the bottom of my heart and the depths of my soul, I thank you. And I know Tawny does, too.

Desi Downey, Tawny's Mom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.