Please help Lauren and Ozzie on Health

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LLEF, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LLEF

LLEF Member

Hello Lantus Land,

This is Linda and Bear Man posting on behalf of LLEF.

There is a Lantus user who is in need of our help. Lauren77 has posted on Health about her cat Ozzie, who has been hospitalized with DKA. Lauren has asked for financial help to continue Ozzie's care in the hospital to get him ready to come home. Please see her heartfelt appeal for help on the Health board to save her cat Ozzie: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=55677

While are not running this as an LLEF fundraiser, we on the LLEF committee strongly support and encourage donations in support of Lauren and Ozzie. Lauren is not yet a regular poster in Lantus Land, but we do feel that once Ozzie is released from the hospital, Lauren will need to start posting here regularly to get the dosing help and other advice she needs to manage Ozzie's care. If we can help her with her vet costs, we will help give Ozzie the best possible chance of surviving this bout of DKA and having another chance at a healthy life. Every dollar or two or three will help to save this kitty's life.

We are asking everyone in Lantus Land to check out Lauren's condo in Health, and to post suggestions and support, and also to send any financial help they can to the fundraiser that DCIN has already started for Lauren and Ozzie. This is DCIN's link (it can also be found in Lauren's post): http://fdmb-cin.blogspot.com/2011/11/ozzie-is-coming-out-of-dka.html

Let's continue the excellent work that DCIN has started on this and let's show Lauren that we support her and Ozzie.

Thank you in advance for your support of this worthy cause.

2. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

3. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

4. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

5. Marje and Gracie

6. Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN)

Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN) Member

Thank you so much to the LLEF Committee for supporting Ozzie's care through this bout with DKA.

Because of my hope for additional donations because of this LLEF appeal, I have raised DCIN's target for Ozzie to $1,000. DCIN already has paid the ER vet $500, and I sincerely hope that DCIN will have funds to pay more of that ER bill and to help Lauren fill a Lantus prescription. If you do visit DCIN's Chip-in for Ozzie, the amount DCIN has received does not reflect a generous $100 donation in memory of Gandalf that Vicky has asked to be directed towards Ozzie's care.

Whether or not you can donate, I know that Lauren sincerely appreciates continued well wishes for the great and powerful Oz.

As Lauren reports in this post on Health, Ozzie is doing well and we hope he can come home later today.

If you visit the post on Health, please do encourage Lauren to hometest Ozzie's BG and urinary ketones. The way I understand it, the vet wants to send Ozzie home on maybe 5U of Lantus. That concerns me, but so does the possibility of Ozzie going ketotic again. DCIN is sending Lauren a fresh Lantus pens and ketostix for his at-home care.

Again, thank you LLEF Committee!!

Venita

7. Anne & Zener GA

8. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

9. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

bump.
    It's wonderful to see our LL support for Lauren and Ozzie.
    Lauren has posted in LL and I know she will get the usual LL welcome.
    You are all the best.

10. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

I have posted an update on the Health thread here. The vet is keeping Ozzie another day, and DCIN couldn't afford to pay for that extra day without this very valuable help from the Lantus ISG Community. Thank you all so much. We have about $320 more to raise.

11. LLEF

LLEF Member

Thank you so much to everyone who has sent their advice and healing thoughts to Lauren and Ozzie. Special thanks to those who have sent donations. As you can see from Venita's update, Ozzie will need to spend another night at the vet. Please donate if you can to help Ozzie get well. No donation is too small, and all of your support is greatly appreciated.

12. Marje and Gracie

13. Anne & Zener GA

14. LLEF

LLEF Member

bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.