12/31 Bandit AMPS 148

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Julia & Bandit (GA), Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Julia & Bandit (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday's condo: http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=387&p=3718#p3718

I have to work both jobs today so I'm not going to be home for most of the AM or PM cycles. I will be home tomorrow. What should I shoot? I'm nervous shooting the full 1u with me gone. DBF will be around to give a snack for the AM peak, but he won't test. No one will be here for the PM...so I'm thinking of .75u. what do you all think?

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 12/31 Bandit AMPS 138 Dose advice pls!

Just peeked at SS - I don't see anything like this number or lower in the AMPS that you've shot the 1u on....how long can u stall this morning till we get you dose help?

3. Julia & Bandit (GA)

about 5 more minutes...then I have to test again and shoot

4. Ronnie & Luna

138 is ur +12 AMPS number correct?

I'm hoping Heather will see this - she's usually around this early...you fed as well right? let's see what next number says..when do u leave after this next test?

5. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Re: 12/31 Bandit AMPS 138 +12.5 148 Dose advice pls!

I have to feed and shoot now. I'm going with the .75.

6. Ronnie & Luna

will u be able to get a +1 test in?

7. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Nope...have to leave now.

8. Ronnie & Luna

k, leave food available for him - Im sorry! I tried to PM someone but their box is full - hope u have a good day!

9. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

ack, sorry, i was having lap top problems this morning (overheating) and had to run to the electronics store and get a lap top cooler....

you shot a 103 with a 1u on 12/22 and as you saw he just surfed on it. Remember Lantus likes to remain constant with doses, not skipping around. :)

10. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Heather, I realize that, and I had I been home to monitor like I was on 12/22 I would have shot 1u. But I had to make a decision and I figured better safe than sorry...I feel really bad that I have to mess with his dosing occasionally but I feel uncomfortable shooting that low and leaving him alone, and I don't have the option of being very late or calling into work.

As it turns out, we're getting a messy snow storm today, so I might get sent home early since I have an hour commute. So I might be home to monitor his peak anyway.

Do you think I should have shot the 1u without monitoring? Usually he's ok but he has dipped dangerously low on 1u before. What if today was one of those days and I'm not there?

11. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

You need to do what you're comfortable doing. No worries. If Bandit's shed is a little depleted, he'll make it up. Be careful on the roads.

12. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Re: 12/31 Bandit PMPS 259

I shot 1u tonight, I'm gonna do a +2 and give a snack if he's in the blue. I think he'll be ok. I should be home from work around +9 or +10.

13. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Re: 12/31 Bandit PMPS 259 +2 289

Ok, off to work...he should be fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.