2/4 Jan and Buddy PMPS 378 +2 286 +3.5 264

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jan and Buddy, Feb 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5020

Fun night, running late, will post the rest of the numbers later

WCR He seems good, ate well, taking bath lovable.

THANKS CAROLYN!!!!!! and everyone else who gave there support!! :YMHUG:

Jan

2. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Re: 2/4 Jan and Buddy AMPS 378

You did great yesterday! Today is just RBC..now that he's seen the green, maybe he'll want to come back! dancing_cat

3. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

Woot! No hard decisions this morning LOL Have a terrific day Jan!

4. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Well that was expected, but worth for the greens last night. He just needs to develop a taste for them, and you Jan should be hungry for them! Nice hooting yesterday, take every chance you can to try something that will give you data. Your gonna need to shine up those BOS!

5. Bo & Jake

Bo & Jake Well-Known Member

Hi,Jan!
    jeez,You did have fun last nite!
    Today -easy and relax! Did You have any sleep?
    Hope for some green again until he get used to it ! Buddy can do it!

6. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Re: 2/4 Jan and Buddy PMPS 378

WCR He seems good, I checked for ketones and it looks just a little toward trace color, not very dark. What do I need to do other than give more water, already put in every meal. Any tricks on getting to drink more????

I can't believe he is the same at PMPS that he was at AMPS (378)

I just realized tonight I have been giving Buddy his shots more in the in between flank and side of belly, versus the scruff. I wonder if that might have anything to do with his numbers. I still shoot in the scruff some to.
    Jan

7. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

Hi Jan, answered you on your health thread :) If the test was wrong and he's not throwing ketones at all, you may not need to adjust anything. Does he have history of ketones/dka?

Can't wait to see this rebound clear!

8. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Health cross post link

Cross post from Health Forum
    viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5223

Jan

have u checked the date on the bottle? Keep us posted ok?

9. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I don't remember Buddy having a history of ketones, is that right? Not that it couldn't happen.

I agree with Carolyn, get another test as soon as you can. I have never had a positive ketone test at home, but I've heard that when the test is positive it is pretty obvious, that the color on the strip is more neon and jumps out at you. I don't know that from personal experience, maybe someone else can confirm or deny that.

Check the date on the bottle, AND if the bottle has been open more than about 6 months the strips may not be good anymore, even if they are within the expiration date.

10. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

in addition to what the others have said... test yourself for comparison.

11. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Re: 2/4 Jan and Buddy PMPS 378 +2 286

No history of ketones. I just bought the bottle about a week ago. Experation date:6-2012

Alex I will test myself!!
    It does not jump out out me it just is a very light pinkish.

12. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

u looking at it under good lighting?

can someone else take a look at it = maybe a different set of eyes might help...have u been able to get a recent ketones test?

13. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

No he is sleeping like a baby!! LOL

Jill: I don't know why I want to keep calling you Alex!! :oops: Sorry. I tested my pee and the color was about the same. So maybe its the lighting. Will look under a good light next time.

Sorry I got everyone concerned!! I will get another test I hope tonight before bed.

QUESTION:I have read what there is on rebound, but I'm not quite getting it, could someone in simple terms tell me why when they go low that they end up going high, equaling rebound??

Thanks
    Jan

14. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 2/4 Jan and Buddy PMPS 378 +2 286 Minor question

Ketone strips - also make sure you are following the directions and waiting 15 sec. before comparing to the color code on the tube.

Rebound: Because most cats have high BG for some time before diagnosed with FD, their bodies get used to the high BG levels. As a result, when you give insulin and the numbers come down, it's not what their body recognizes as "normal." Given how truly incredible our kitties bodies are, the liver responds to what is signaled as a dangerously low BG level. Even though these lower numbers may really be really normal, the liver goes into self-protection mode and dumps glucose (the liver stores glucose) into the blood in order to correct this so-called dangerous situation. As a result of the liver panicking, BG levels soar up. In order for regulation or remission of FD, our cats have to spend as much time as possible in lower numbers as a means of re-educating the liver as to what is really normal. All of our cats have to pass Liver Training School so rebound is kept to a minimum and their bodies recognize lower numbers as good.

15. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

glad you tested yourself to compare the color on the stix. hooray for no ketones!
    a simple explanation... when a kitty drops into numbers lower than his body is used to the liver panics/freaks out and responds by dumping stored glucose from the liver into the bloodstream. this is what causes high numbers/blood sugar. it can take up to 72 hours to clear.

16. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Thanks, that makes sense!!!
    Couldn't get Buddy to go pee and I can't stay up all night watching him!!! :lol:
    I'm sure it was me overreacting :roll: I can usually get a test in the AM.

Thanks hope your around in the am for AMPS, I hate we he surprises me!!
    Good night all.
    Jan and Buddy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.