1/23 Putty AMPS 349

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Miriam and Putty (GA), Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3563
    +6 76
    PMPS 349
    +4 295
    An uneventful morning for a sleepy Putty.
    I have a question that I don't know if it can really be answered but I will ask anyway. Why does it seem that the longer Putty has been on insulin the more he bounces from lower numbers to high yellow and pink. To me when I look at his ss it looks as if it would almost be upside down.....he is on less insulin but bouncing higher than he was when he was on more insulin.
    He has more pink and yellow now on his ss than I think he's had in the last year. He has certainly made a lot of progress since Sept. when he was on 3.25u and now he is on f1.75u. but he does not look like he is even regulated at all but just has a day here and there that he throws some very low numbers and gets a dosecrease.
    Am I just not seeing what others might see?
    It will be one year tomorrow that Putty went back on insulin after 4 months OTJ, and I have to admit that I am a little disappointed because I thought there would have been a good chance he would have been back OTJ by now.
    He is very healthy, happy, and has no eating issues that so many struggle with so I am very grateful for that. cat_pet_icon

2. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

I don't think I can explain it either. But I don't see anything bad about Putty's numbers either. He bounces sometimes but he gets over it pretty quickly. The only thing that sticks out a little is that further back on your SS at the lower doses he was not hitting low-low's and earning his decreases. Later he began going into the 40's and 30's and then he seems to have a bigger bounce. Overall I don't think it is any big problem, Putty is doing well. They say the first OTJ is a gift but a second one you really have to work for. Don't give up hope there are many cats recently that have been on insulin for a while that are going OTJ. I think it's reasonable to strive for OTJ, if it doesn't happen then you still have a very well regulated sugar kitty.

*whispers in Putty little ear......."get ready for some greens please..." :mrgreen:

3. Joan and Madison

Joan and Madison Member

Hi there, Miriam and Puttster! :smile:

So, did Putty earn a dosecrease last night?

4. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Good question Joan. I think because he just had one I don't like to give them too close together.
    If anyone of you more experienced people think otherwise feel free to let me know. :mrgreen:

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Looks like Gabby and Putty are neck and neck on their numbers again today!

6. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Miriam, I know you Putty for a long while now...Putty has always had beautiful numbers & was pretty predictable up until now..He was usually in a safe range with his numbers..What I think I have learned here, is that you cant have expectations involving this disease, as it is so unpredictable..I have often thought how great Putty has done all this time, barring a few lapses & set backs, but all in all has done great!

This is the 5 cycle on this dose, so please give him one more cycle to see a change--Believe me, i have had many disappointments with Moonie's dosing, but all in all, not so bad--She does, however, wait to the last second of the 6th cycle, to show a change..
    Hope Putman will make you smile today & come back to his good numbers--Hugs to you both!!

7. Celia & Marco

Celia & Marco Member

Putman!!! So nice to see you!!! :)

We hope to see some purty bloos and greens from you soon! You can doooo it!

8. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Thank you Monique and others....I just took another long look at Putty's ss. It is always easier to see what is actually happening in other's ss's rather than your own.

You are right about his numbers. It just appears that he was better regulated for a short time on a higher dose because he sailed along very nicely with blues and greens but no big high's or lows and no reductions. When he started creeping up slightly his dose was raised (mostly because of my impatience) until he really did need more insulin. Once he hit that break through dose his numbers started to go much lower to show he needed a dosecrease. His body was not used to anything low so it reacted with higher numbers. Now his lows are even lower (20's) so his reaction is much greater. All in all I guess his little pancreas is doing what it thinks it is supposed to do.

Now I see the bigger picture......that big picture is quite good. He has gone from 3.25 units in Sept. to a f1.75 units today. I guess that alone tells a much better story. :thumbup
    So please disregard my rant in my first post.

9. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Hey Putty, how about meeting Tuffy half way. I like you Miriam have a terrible time with dosecreases. She is up then down. UGH. Hope Putty comes down gently and surfs nicely. Got the wax ready? Yes, I'm making more coffee. These DARN CATS.

10. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Aw, rant whenever you'd like Miriam, sometimes it helps :smile:

Nice to read through and see what the thoughts were on Puttman's numbahs. I think you are doing great!

11. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

((Miriam)) .. Pepper has a difficult time holding dose reductions too..
    I wish we could figure this sugar game out.. **sigh** or if kitty could give us a sign that something else is up with them (dental, uti, constipation).. Such a guessing game!

We are here with ya.. and you just rant whenever you want!

Now.. come down from there Putty... k?!

12. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Sorry about your one year not OTJ anniversary tomorrow. Putty is a very challenging kitty, for a polite guy. You have the dedication to get it figured out one of these days (soon, I hope).

13. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Re: 1/23 Putty PMPS 271

AMPS 349
    +4 295
    +8 219
    PMPS 271 :-Q

Hopefully his rebound will clear tomorrow.
    It was so nice to see the "old-timers" post. If I did not get to visit all of you I am sorry.....been in and out all day. I do miss you guys. Come around to visit us other "old-timers" that still live in LL. :YMHUG:

14. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Putty will have a good day tomorrow too....I am putting in the request for Shadow too....
    Tomorrow will be their day....
    Glad something came of your analyzing his SS with others today....everyone was so great with their thoughts
    and yes, he is getting a lot less insulin nowadays. Putty is a good boy....hope you two have a very nice evening.
    Rest up for tomorrow! ;-)
    Putty: give Shadow a call....anytime! :mrgreen:

15. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

this is not a bad rebound, it will be gone by morning. :smile:

I think part of the reason for the bigger bounces is also that you're getting more aggressive than you used to be (therefore he's getting lower numbers to bounce from). That's ok by me, I like to be aggressive with doses. :mrgreen:

16. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Hoping his rebound clears quickly, it usually does. Maybe the Puttster just likes to keep you on your toes.

17. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Hello Putt-Putt. Boo says she misses you, but she heard you were two-timing her now.

18. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Good evening Putty. It is always good to remember to look back so you can see all the progress you have made.
    I am sure when you are ready, you will get the progress moving again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.