1/22 Buzz AMPS 417/Dose question

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sarah and Buzz, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

About to run out the door for my trip, but wanted to post Buzz's #s. Fiance will be home with her this weekend and knows to hold the dose unless she goes really low. I will check back in via phone for an answer to this before he has to shoot tonight, but I wanted to make sure I understand this correctly:

We would only decrease the dose if her nadir is too low, correct? To me, "too low" means less than 70-ish. Is that correct, or should the threshold be higher?

I'm sorry I didn't update my SS with this morning's numbers (or last night's PMPS). She was in the 400s all day yesterday, even at peak (415, I believe), so I am holding out hope that this dose will work at the last minute like the other one sort of did. ;)

I have instructed my fiance to post if anything weird happens, so be on the lookout for that. ;) Hopefully he won't need to. Thank you guys!!! :mrgreen:

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

would it be possible for him to update SS, ..I think any helpers might wanna see the PMPS number and any spotcheck numbers.

(EDIT TO ADD: thank u!)

where ya going? hope its for fun stuff and not boring work...
    what's Fiance's name in case he posts?

that's all my questions.

have a safe trip Sarah!

3. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

sounds like a plan. :smile:

Usually we don't reduce the dose until the cat goes under 50. When they are with a petsitter or a less experienced caretaker, then 70 is a good cutoff. I would try to get some midcycle checks when possible so we can see what is happening between the 400's. Hope you have a good trip!

4. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

What Libby said. :mrgreen:

Have a safe trip, Sarah!

5. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

Can one of the Lantus folks please give me an explanation for Buzz's numbers going UP after an injection instead of down? I know you all don't believe in rebound, so I'm at a loss to understand why a cat that was regulated and went OTJ on less than 1 unit of PZI is now up to 1.5 units on Lantus and getting a worse response than she did on the smaller dose of Lantus.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.