1/22 Shadoe amps 380 pmps 383

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Blue, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

yesterday:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3437
    Recap:
    403 - amps
    406 - +2
    353 - +3
    398 - +11
    391 - pmps
    364 - +2
    358 - +3
    374 - +4
    362 - +5
    360 - +9.5
    380 - today's amps :YMSIGH:
    Ah well, another day, another number. And likely not much different from the last number. :?

All is pretty normal in Shadoe's condo. It may not be what I want to see, but Shadoe's running the show and I am just along for the ride, providing the refreshments and entertainment.

OK on the plus side, Shadoe is just about back to her old self, drinking OK and eating more, and both exiting the body OK, in a timely manner and forms, also.
    She hates the pain stuff, does not seem to need it, so we stopped it and she is none the worse for wear.
    She seems accepting of the fluids, and the are not sticking around in any bulge form for very long, so I guess she must need them.
    She has an ever more shiny coat now, although I use a couple types of brushes to groom and calm her after fluids and before shots, etc.
    She seems to be walking more solidly, less tentatively. I don't know why there is a difference but it's looking more healthy now.
    She seems to be MUCH better at making efforts to communicate what she wants, likes and does NOT like; before, she was quite laid back and like whatever, oh food? ok good enough, I guess I'll eat or something.
    Now, she is aware and helping me.

Shadoe got to do the BTB thing, and I had to come to work. She knows when we are done all of our morning shot routine, and she just toddles into the bedroom, burying under the still warm bedding.

I left 3 bowls of different types of food, disregarding the vet saying just one food type. One was just a supplement type like 100% salmon, another was a SophCat seafood type, and another was a nice juicy Fromm pate with chicken, duck and something else. the pate got just a sniff, the salmon she tried, and then moved down the row to the seafood and stopped.

Kinda like goldilocks and the 3 bears. I guess there's no doubt in your mind as to who's the boss in Shadoeland!

Scratches to all the kitties today, and some peace of mind for the beans.

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 1/22 Shadoe amps 380

:lol: :lol: :lol: GREAT WCR!!

That's the Shadoe way - just like a kity, does her own thing.
    lol

have a good day!

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Better AMPS today than yesterday....so that's a good thing. maybe the third day on the
    increased dose will be the charm! Great report....glad you are doing your job to Shadoe's
    liking...keep up the good work! You are a well trained Bean ;-)

4. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

I like the goldilocks comparison, lol.
    Shadoe already misses with the bed so on to the food.

At least today's start is better than yesterday and you know it takes time with the new dose.
    Shadoe must have been sending signals to Max last night cuz we started at 388.
    What's a mama bean to do??

5. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Not all that much to add as I was away at work, came home at +10, tested with last strip, then went to pick up some strips.
    I got home at pmps time, tested, shot and figured I would leave the fluids to later on tonite.

Shadoe seems just fine, is eating well, and sprawled out on the hall rug, purring nicely.
    I'll get a couple tests tonite, then tomorrow I'll test throughout the day in between running errands.

I am really thinking that Shadoe is just refusing to leave the pinks behind.

6. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Great WCR. :smile:

Looks to me like you can increase her dose tomorrow, if you want, unless something changes. This is her 7th cycle on this dose. I would probably go to 5.75 because she had some yellow, but the protocol does allow for increasing by 0.5 when you're at higher doses, so you could do that too.

I suggested increasing by 0.25 because she had some blue on the 5.25, but unfortunately it looks like those were probably influenced by her poor appetite then.

7. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Thanks Libby,
    I'll go with the 0.25 since slow is good and who knows? It may just be that perfect dose!
    I'll go with 5.75 in am tomorrow.

Oh yeah, the fluids were done at 9pm and she was ok with it, or rather resigned to the activity.

8. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Good evening Gayle and Shaode!

That's the perfect way to put it...my Beabhen (GA) was the same way, but it made such a difference. You've always said Shaode knows the shot makes him feel better...I imagine he knows the same thing about the fluids.

Good luck on the dose increase.

9. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Well, after 5 hours, we have managed to move down from 383 to 346.
    That's it for tonite's testing.
    Hopefully we will get some movement with the increase in the morning.

10. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the dosecrease tomorrow! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.