01/22 Spacey PMPS=131 & Vomiting a lot

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Spacey & Ella, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spacey & Ella

Spacey & Ella Member

Link to yesterday

Her ps is slightly higher than yesterday. Maybe today is her ndw-day or something.

Overall:
    She did walk around a bit, jumped from the couch on the table (not a big jump btw). As long as she is on the AB I'm not going to change any med's she has for the arthritis.
    She talked to me and now she is under the table at her favorite spot again (there she is secure from her son).
    I'm not sure whether she just wished me a good morning or was complaining about something. Keep an eye on that.

Not sure whether I should increase her dosage more tomorrow. I'm off to work next Tuesday, so I can still monitor her closely for a couple of day's. Well.. see how she's doing the rest of the day. But I guess it's going up again.

*edit: forgot the link again. :oops:

2. Spacey & Ella

Spacey & Ella Member

Re: 01/22 Spacey AMPS=288

She just vomited. No food, just bile I guess (looked yellow).
    Have the idea she feels better now.
    Is that due to her AB's???

3. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 01/22 Spacey AMPS=288 +3=172 & vomiting

cant answer about the AB and vomit

did she just eat? too fast? sound like a hairball?

bg might rise or drop, ECID, ur home to monitor this morning?

4. Spacey & Ella

Spacey & Ella Member

Re: 01/22 Spacey AMPS=288 +3=172 & vomiting

This morning? It's noon around here already. Still way ahead of you. :lol:

Back to Spacey:
    I'm pretty sure now it has to do with the AB's she's taking.
    Chewie must have stolen some food of her last night. Checked with hubby, and yep, hubby forgot to take food spiked with AB away. So Chewie is on a diarrhea today, did also vomit. But in his case: hairball.
    And Spacey is very well at the moment. After the bile vomit (still think it's bile) she immediately felt better.

Will check her +6, but then I'm off. Have an appointment (Patthana study aka Buddhism stuff)

5. Spacey & Ella

Spacey & Ella Member

Re: 01/22 Spacey AMPS=288 +6=70.2 AND DOSAGE QUESTION

Spacey just hit green light.
    I don't know what to do now. Pffff....

She is still fine btw!
    Bean hubby stay's @home and I'm testing her bg's again in 1/2 hour, just to make sure she _is_ over her nadir and slightly rising again.

I guess the AB is indeed helping with her infection and that's why the bg's are dropping. Should I reduce this evening?
    Any advice???

6. Ronnie & Luna

Re: 01/22 Spacey AMPS=288 +6=70.2 AND DOSAGE QUESTION

Nice +6!!

Prob a bit too early to tell, so I'd say see how the rest of the cycle goes, keep updating.

ur doing fine!

7. Spacey & Ella

Spacey & Ella Member

Re: 01/22 Spacey AMPS=288 +6=70.2, +6.5=75.2 AND DOSAGE QUESTION

I think she is stabilizing. Did a check right now (+6.5), result 75.2

So I guess this is a good dosage for now.
    Her numbers are always higher in the evening. I think holding the 1.5 might be an idea.

8. Ronnie & Luna

Re: 01/22 Spacey AMPS=288 +7=63 ADVICE NEEDED

Ella,

is everything ok?

9. Spacey & Ella

Spacey & Ella Member

Ella's husband here:

Spacey has dropped further at +7 to 63.
    Behaves "normal", as in "sleepy and mildly annoyed but alert".

Any advice welcome, will test again at +7.5

10. Ronnie & Luna

ok hi Ella's DH!!!

do u know when Spacey last had food?

post ur updates when u got em!

11. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Hi Ella's DH. Is she eating?

12. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

A 63 is a fine number. It's in a normal blood glucose range. Give a couple of bites of low carb food. Testing at +7.5 is good.

13. Spacey & Ella

Spacey & Ella Member

Ella's hubby again:

Spacey is slightly up to 64.8 at +7.5

She is very sleepy, she did however get up to drink a bit of water. Only showed some mild annoyance at being tested again. This is the time of day she usually just sleeps, to it's hard guess how she is.

Probably hasn't eaten since this morning, I'll try to give here some extra yummy food, see if she's up for that.

Wondering if I should test here again at +8 or just leave her in peace until +8.5.

14. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

It looks like she's surfing. Just leave a bite or two of food and check again in 30 min. If she's still in the same # range or higher, she'll be fine. This seems like a slightly later nadir than usual but very good numbers!!

ETA: You can probably take the 911 out of the subject line.

15. Ronnie & Luna

Is she eating the food?

I would get a +8.5 if she were my kitty, I like testing :lol:

16. Spacey & Ella

Spacey & Ella Member

Re: 01/22 Spacey AMPS=288 +8=64.8

She ate it all, happily licking herself afterwards.

She did however take three breaks in between eating, and does still give off a bit of a "I'm not feeling too well" vibe. Eating seemed to take some effort.

Will keep an eye on her and test again at +9, unless she becomes less alert in the mean time.

17. Spacey & Ella

Spacey & Ella Member

Re: 01/22 Spacey AMPS=288 +8=64.8

Just a little update:

At +9, she's now at 97.2 and acting a bit more happy (not with the testing of course, but I'll take that as a good sign).

18. Spacey & Ella

Spacey & Ella Member

Re: 01/22 Spacey AMPS=288 +9=97

Hi everyone,

It's me again, taking over from my hubby.
    I've seen you've all been guiding him very well. Thanks a lot folks. :smile:

I am going to test her again over 15 min or so. That would be her +11.
    Am truly not sure at all what do give her this evening.

Something tells me to stay on the 1.5.
    But I would feel much much more better with you all backing this up.

At the moment she is sleeping (still), but reacting when I touch her or so.. So everything is okay and fine.
    I'm just worried that with the AB's her infection is less and less troubling and that the lesser the infection the lower her bg's drop.
    Does that make sense??

19. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

Re: 01/22 Spacey AMPS=288 +9=97

Not sure if you are asking about increasing or decreasing here since you asked about increasing this morning.. but I would go ahead and hold the dose for now.

Usually when a cat goes green, we hold the dose longer and do not increase, and since Spacey didn't go below 50 she didn't get a decrease, Hope that helps.

20. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Re: 01/22 Spacey AMPS=288 +9=97 DOSING ADVICE PLEASE

Spacey's numbers are really very nice. This is what we all want for our kitties nice 'normal' BG numbers. And yes, it does make sense that with the A/B treating the infection, the resulting BG numbers go down.

But Spacey hasn't gone down too much and I feel she could handle the current dose, especially if you are available to monitor. Her progress is so nice here and it would be great to have some more cycles with green, right? I see the +11 is 119 now so she is rising and by PMPS she should be a bit higher and you can feel better about holding the dose.

How does that sound to you? You know your kitty best.

edit: yes, what Heather said, too. :D

21. Spacey & Ella

Spacey & Ella Member

Re: 01/22 Spacey PMPS=131

I kept Spacey on the 1.5.

She doesn't feel alright at all. Had just a few licks of her food and I shot and she stopped eating.
    I'm afraid this is going to be a long night for me.
    She is sleeping, but lying in a weird position. I don't know what the problem is: feeling sick of the AB's, feeling bad due to joint pain, feeling stomach ache cause of the Metacam.
    It's a lot.

22. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

Re: 01/22 Spacey PMPS=131

(((((Spacey)))))

23. Spacey & Ella

Spacey & Ella Member

Spacey hasn't eaten all evening. She vomited twice. The first time all the food she's got in the afternoon from my hubby came out, undigested. Just now (@7pm +5) she vomited again.
    I think my other cat isn't feeling that well either. But at least he eats snacks. Spacey wont even touch those, which is very unusual for her. So she must feel really really sick.
    I hate it and am worried again.

And in the meantime I have to find a new job, prepare for my operation in the end of February and try to relax, which is impossible. Feel like reaching my break point.

24. Lynee and Max

Lynee and Max Member

(((((((Ella))))))) (((((((((Spacey))))))))) Just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you and hope that things turn around for you very soon. I can understand that whole breaking point bit - but know that we are all here for you. Sending feel better vines for Spacey. But a very nice PMPS numbah and hope she heads for the greens.

25. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Repeated vomiting can become problematic. It may be the ABs or it may be something else. I'd suggest calling your vet.

I'd also see about feeding something that's very easy to digest, like baby food -- the kind that's just meat and broth.

Attached Files:

26. Ronnie & Luna

any updates on Spacey?

27. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I agree with Sienne, vomiting should be checked out by the vet if it isn't going away, and especially if she is giving other signs that she doesn't feel well. Good luck with the vet! Has Spacey been diagnosed with pancreatitis, or ever tested for it? I only ask because that is very common with diabetic cats and can cause vomiting. Of course there are a lot of other things that can cause it too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.