1/21 Alex AMPS 384,+2~355,+4~352

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA), Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

This is the lowest AMPS Alex has has in over a week which I hope (fingers and paws crossed) bodes well for this dosecrease nailbite_smile
    Alex is in good spirits this morning...I can tell because he did an extra long version of the *happy dance* when I gave him his breakfast (been trying to capture that on video but it's difficult when I have a food bowl in one hand). :mrgreen:

another thought...I don't know what this means, if anything...but for the last 2 days and nights Alex has been coming to sit on the bed and couch with me, or me and Jackson for small amounts of time, and he hasn't done that since he was dx'd . He hasn't been social at all, up until now

Gotta get to work..have a great day everyone :D

yesterday

2. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

Re: 1/21 Alex AMPS 384

I think his coming to sit with you guys is a great sign! Good luck with the dosecrease. Alex, come on down! Make mommy happy! :mrgreen:

3. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Re: 1/21 Alex AMPS 384

Very nice AMPS for Alex! Spooky wasn't a social cat at all, he was pretty much a loner who kept to himself. After he was Dx'd and began Tx he became more and more people oriented. He still doesn't like to sit with me, but he will lay on the back of the couch or on my desk, somewhere near me. He comes and jumps on my lap when he wants something or climbs up my legs and back when I'm cooking (which I don't care for so much!) He also "talks" more to me with little squeaks and chirps. I think all the attention he got through testing and shooting made him more friendly.

Hope this dose works out well for Alex and he gets closer to some steady lower numbers.

4. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

at +4 i am seriously wondering if I gave a fur shot? or if Alex is sick. This again is weird... :(

5. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

well, u did just up the dose, maybe give it time,
    I see u did a ketones check yesterday...what do u suspect that he may not be feeling ok?

6. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Because his numbers are so high all of the time...I am going to give him .1 R at +6 to see if I can even get him down today. Maybe it'll give him a good place to start at PMPS.

7. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

At least he is flat so far....which is a good sign. Now if only the numbers would be flat in the 200 or 100's.

Are all the P's normal? Is he still on any meds?

Wish we could figure Alex out .

8. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

what are the P's?

no he's not on any meds

9. Ronnie & Luna

Hi Caryl,

an example of the 5 P's in Andrew/Mim's condo

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3495

10. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Hi Caryl,

an example of the 5 P's in Andrew/Mim's condo

Thanks Ronnie..if these are the P's...I guess 4 out of five are normal for Alex
    Purring ...Alex purrs a lot..esp around meal time.
    Preening ..a normal amount of grooming, esp after eating
    Peeing ..oh yeah he pees ..too much
    Pooing ..Alex has the healthiest poops I've ever seen
    Playing ..not so much since he was dx'd. he can be coerced to play with a laser or a cotton ball and he just recently started being social again(last 2 days) He is driven by food..that's when he does the 'happy dance' and jumps on counters and acts nutty...ie shows the enthusiasm he once showed for his toys, a straw, stuff he doesn't much care about anymore.. :cry:

but he doesn't act like he's not feeling well. I think his personality has just changed a little bit. maybe it'll change back. maybe this weekend i'll bring out the cat teaser.

I get worried that he's too frail to really play hard so I try to keep things away from him that will have him bouncing off of walls like he used to.

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      440.2 KB
      Views:
  11. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Re: 1/21 Alex PMPS 408

12. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Re: 1/21 Alex PMPS 408,+2.5~479

I thought that maybe I gave a fur shot tonight and now I'm thinking so even more...(I think so because Alex's fur had some Lantus on it after his shot, whether it all shot out the other side i don't know). his numbers are rising and he is acting just impossible tonight...yowling and running in circles and I'm wondering if there is something I should do.

13. Ronnie & Luna

does he appear disoriented Caryl? was +2.5 the most recent test?

14. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

No he's not disoriented..I just did the test..he's hyper
    I should say he's super hyper..he wants food food food.
    i was watching tv and he was relentless in not shutting up until he got it
    I don't know how he can go on and on and on and on
    without breaking his vocal cords
    and now I'm getting scared of ketones of course

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.