1/15 Indy OTJ Trial Day 2 AMBG 78 ??

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jamy & Indy, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamy & Indy

Jamy & Indy Member

Yesterday's condo

WCR: I'm not sure this is really MY cat. I think that the aliens from Invasion of the Body Snachers came and "transformed" our Indy. He is sooooo much more alert and active and interactive with the beans and his sister! :dizcat I'm not complaining, but WOW what a change it has made getting his BG under control and him losing some weight. I haven't weighed him, but you visably see that he has lost weight, which he really needed to do.

Now, the first question - should I be concerned that he lost this weight? I'm guessing he has gone from just under 19 lbs to maybe 17. He is by no means skinny, probably closer to his correct weight and maybe still a little over. In another condo I read something that lead me to think that too rapid of weightloss was a big problem. Indy was 100% dry food fed prior to DX and is now 100% very LC wet. I'm thinking this and the fact that he is a bit more active is the reason, but had to ask the question.

Question 2 - Why the heck are his "PS" numbers all of a sudden so much lower now that he is off the insulin? Usually his PS was in the 90s, now we are in the 70s. NOT that I'm complaining, but it sure seems weird.

Guess, maybe I've reverted to the worry wart mommy bean. nailbite_smile I am more nervous before testing now than I was the first time I poked him. These tests have sooooo much more riding on them. I walk to his testing area saying "please be green, please be green" and tell Indy "please give me a pretty green number and I won't give you any more shots." Seems to be working so far! :mrgreen:

2. Suzanne + Nemo (GA)

Suzanne + Nemo (GA) Member

The OTJ trials are stressful - you're just starting, so try not to nailbite_smile nailbite_smile too much out of the gate!

The weight loss sounds OK to me considering his diet changes were from one extreme to the other.

Good luck - we're rooting for ya!

3. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

lol! yea I pray too when I test that BG. please be green please be green...lol

78 is way AWESOME!! NO STRESSING!!!

NIce!!

Happy Day 2for Indy kitty!
    flip_cat dancing_cat flip_cat dancing_cat cat_pet_icon flip_cat dancing_cat flip_cat dancing_cat

4. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

it's not unusual for numbers to drop or even bobble up and down a bit during an OTJ trial. eventually the numbers will settle down to whatever his range is.

5. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Looking great! :mrgreen:

Many kitties lose some weight after a change from dry to wet. As long as he doesn't continue to lose rapidly, I wouldn't be too concerned. For great information on feline weight loss, check out Dr. Lisa's Feline Obesity section of her website.

6. Jamy & Indy

Jamy & Indy Member

PM BG is 95. Not as good as AM, but I'll take it. Still green. :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.