1/15 Morris AMPS 177

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Brenda and Morris, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2551

Morning LLanders! :coffee:
    Had to bring out the "big gun" again, Fancy Feast beef with gravy (medium carb), as he wouldn't eat anything else. At this point, I just want him to eat...if I had to, I would give him dry kitty krack! ohmygod_smile

So far this morning, no LB action but he gave me 3 prezzies yesterday and didn't eat very much so maybe there's nothing to give today. :? And is that better than having diarrhea??? confused_cat

He went outside on the porch for a little bit this morning...it's been quite awhile since he ventured outside because it's been so cold...warming up a little bit, supposed to actually hit 70 today. Might be back swimming by next week (me, not him!) :lol:

I'm just really worried about my boy...he has always been a good eater. :cry: Really, really hope that the dental does the trick for that. nailbite_smile

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Maybe the MC food is bringing his number up...but after the dental, everything
    will probably change. So happy that it will be done on Monday. Maybe his appetite is down cause
    his teeth are bothering him...
    Well, good luck with it anyway. I hate everything that the dental entails except for the healthy mouth after!!~ :D

Raja was out on her beloved terrace yesterday and then again last night! She has missed it so much ~ especially since
    she retreated to my closet while the droolers were coming up to visit every day. Shadow is not allowed cause he escapes
    and gets into the bushes downstairs. Never know what they are eating or doing when they are out of sight. So, no terrace
    privileges for my boy. I know she jumps the little fence when she wants to but she just mostly likes to hang out there and
    is well behaved for the most part. I bet Morris is happy to be back outside like that too!!!
    Hope you enjoy the gorgeous day!

3. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Hey Brenda & Morris--Not such a bad number for med carb feeding...Yes after the dental lots will change--He'll feel better! Numbers can go down, although Moonie's did very slightly--Hope you guys have a better day down there--Gotta make Morris strong & well for his dental--Speak to you later--HUGS~!

4. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Brenda,

Have you tried mixing the mc and the lc food? Sometimes, Basil will eat a flavor he doesn't like if there is a Fancy Feast mixed in. Luckily (So far. Antijinx!!) he loves the very low carb FFs. But it might work for Morris to do a little mixing. Or could you sprinkle small pieces of dehydrated chicken or turkey onto the mc? It would bring the overall carbs percentage down. I knowthat's not a long term solution, since it throws off the nutritional balance, but sometimes just a jump start helps.

5. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Thanks for the ideas Lydia...I tried mixing lc and mc and even heated it a bit in the micro but he still won't eat it. For awhile putting Halo crumbs on top worked but no more. I just called the vet and am going to try the mirtz in a pill pocket...I'm about at the end of my rope! :sad: At this point, I will try anything...the heck with nutrition! It really does look like his mouth is hurting him but I have pretty much liquified his food and he still doesn't want it. :cry:

6. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. I hate when an animal hurts! Have you tried canned chicken, the kind sold for humans? That often works here when animals are off their food. You could mash it very well with the liquid... I wish I had another idea!

7. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

Sorry to hear Morris is out of sorts today. Maybe the Florida sunshine will do him some good. Isn't it great to have it back!! :thumbup

No LB action yet?? Could be that the probiotics are kicking in like your vet said & a magicpoo is on the way. Fingers crossed! :mrgreen:

8. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Re: 1/15 Morris AMPS 177 +8 255

Had 2 puddingpoos this afternoon. :eek: I gave him the appetite stimulant (Mirtz) at AM+5 after hand feeding him pieces of beef and chicken. He seems to have trouble chewing...guess it's good he's having that dental! :lol: Actually, on Tuesday when he went to the vet and had those anal glands expressed, the tech was holding him down in a towel (while Morris screamed his head off) and Morris caught hold of the towel and bit down on it so you could hear his teeth grinding on it. I wonder if he hurt himself doing that?? At the time, I thought it was good because it would occupy him...he though he had the tech's arm I'm sure....but maybe he loosened a tooth or something.

Anyway, the Mirtz seems to be kicking in...he has eaten twice, and once he actually came and asked me for food, which he hardly ever does...cuz there's always food in his bowl LOL. After reading about the side effects of the Mirtz I almost chickened out but I just can't stand to see him not eating...plus he has to keep his strength up for the dental. How I pray that the dental does the trick!

Not even slightly concerned with his numbers right now...keeping to his regular dose as the medium carb food is pushing him higher. Oh, and if you've never used the pill pockets? Wonderful invention...he never even knew he took a pill! The inventor deserves a Nobel! :lol:

9. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

I was thinking if you don't want to be using that Mirtz all the time, would you be able to water down the food Morris likes and use some sort of syringe, like a turkey baster? You think Morris would go along with that idea?

Hopefully, once the teeth are fixed up, you won't have the eating issues so much.

I will have to look at those pill pockets; I just had a devil of a time to get a teeny 1/4 pepcid tablet down Shadoe.
    The first 1/4 got spit clear across the room. The 2nd was a battle and I had to put it into the back of her inside check 3 times, but I think I won, or else she pawed it.

Aren't they like hard treats? That's why I never considered them, and also Shadoe was not taking any meds.

Morris, I am sure that your anal glands expressing was not fun, but I bet you are feeling tons better now, huh!

10. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Gayle, you have to try those pill pockets! Morris is IMPOSSIBLE to pill and also will not take liquid. He can also detect a crushed up pill in his food from a mile away. This is the very FIRST pill in 14 years that Morris has taken voluntarily. :thumbup I hope it wasn't just a fluke the first time around!!!

They are not hard, sorta like the consistency of a raw Pillsbury biscut with an opening in one side that you drop the pill into and then squeeze it shut. It must smell and taste good because he gobbled it right up....and he hadn't been eating! Now he is! Yay!!! The Mirtz is working...so far, so good. He is vocalizing more (Morris is not generally very talkative) and is eating pretty well now. The pill lasts 72 hours so he won't have another one until after his dental, if at all. I'm just extremely glad to get some food into him. flip_cat flip_cat

11. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Alrighty then, you have convinced me. I'll pick up a bag of the pill pockets tomorrow when I pick up Shadoe's test results.

If she likes the taste of them, the 1/4 pepcid won't even be noticed. Man, 1/4 of a pepcid is teeny!
    I hate to think how hard big pills would be to get into the kitty.

At least you know now that you can get Morris' meds into him with the pockets!

12. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((brenda))) i know how worrisome it is when kitty won't eat. glad you were able to pill him. his appy should pick up now...

13. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Re: 1/15 Morris AMPS 177 PMPS 303

The PMPS was 303...could be due to any number of things including the medium carb FF. I will start giving him his regular food now that he is eating, thanks to the Mirtz, and see where he goes. I will probably keep him on this same dose just in case he doesn't eat after his dental on Monday. I really miss those nice greens and blues though! :mrgreen: :cry:

14. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Oh dear Morris..Please get better!! WE luvs ya --You better eat good, Poop hard & feel all better--HUGS~!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.