1/14 Morris AMPS 112

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Brenda and Morris, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Morning LLanders :coffee:
    Morris had another couple of pudding poos during the night with a sorta mashed potato poo in the middle - three poops in one night!!! @-) Hope this straightens out pretty soon! Still no call from the vet. :evil: Will be calling shortly.

At least he is finally eating....I gave him a full can of his very favorite - Fancy Feast medium carb beef and gravy, which he only ever gets when he is real low - last night and he ate the whole thing. Thought for sure it would come back up but it didn't. After that, he woke me at +9 and I gave him 1/4 can of regular FF and again he ate it all. I think I am going to just go back to Fancy Feast...he won't eat the Wellness now (guess that feral cat in the back yard is going to get a treat!) Also trying to get him unaddicted to those Halo treats but that's the only way to be sure he eats the food with the probiotics in it so I grind them up with my mortar & pestle and sprinkle on top and he eats it with gusto.

Will check back in later when I talk to the vet.

Have a great day and stay warm!

2. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Spoke to vet...fecal came back negative for parasites :RAHCAT ...she said a +2 for several strains of bacteria (didn't catch them except spirochetes) and that I should continue the probiotics for another 3 days and see where we are on Monday when he has his dental. She said it looks like the probiotics are working, just that he needs more time on them. I had originally called about both the diarrhea and his loss of appetite. She prescribed an appetite stimulant but I don't think I will use it unless it looks like he won't eat on his own. If he won't eat, I can always bring out the "big gun"....FF beef and gravy! :mrgreen:

3. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Re: 1/14 Morris AMPS 112, +8~250

He has eaten a couple of times today (1/4 can lc FF) so not quite sure where that 250 is coming from. He's acting much more like himself today too so I have some hope that he's getting better....just in time to have a dental on Monday.. :cry:

4. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

YAY! Glad to hear he is starting to eat more & that the lab results came back negative. Hopefully the probiotics will kick in soon!

5. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Newbie here & curious as to why you want him off the Halo treats? I was told they are good.... just wondering :?: :?

6. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

I think that 250 is cuz Morris is stressed about his upcoming dental appt; I know I get upset about seeing the dentist!

It's good to hear Morris is eating, even if it takes for sprinkles on top.

Continuing the meds may be a good idea to ensure no problems or nothing to come back. I am sure it was a relief to get good results from the vet.

7. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Yes, Nicole, they ARE good...too good....Morris doesn't want to eat unless they are sprinkled on top! And he needs to eat some good stuff, not just treats. Actually he hasn't even eaten his dinner WITH the Halo crumbs on top....getting worried grr_red , may use the Mirtz after all. (Mirtz is an appetite stimulant.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.