1/12 Latte AMPS-108, PMPS(+24)- 341 Testing ?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carolynandlatte, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

im on my phone waiting for slow computer to boot so I will do a formal posting later. Need help! Im at work all day and this is waaaaay low for amps. I need to leave at +2 and wont be back until +10.

will retest in about ten minutes . no access to ss from phone so i cant see if ive ever actually shot a full dose on this.

please help with what to do.

do not want to skip

Yesterday
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2132

ETA: yesterdays link...other posts to follow edited to correct illegible spelling errors :mrgreen:

2. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

Re: 1/12 Latte amps- 108 Help!

It look like you shot a 101 on the pmps cycle on 12/29 if that helps, and then you were out till +6
    Lets see where she is in 10 mintues

3. carolynandlatte

ya, forgot to mention... pm and am cycles are very diff. from each other because of pred at night. am cycles always drops lower. haha....just to make it more difficult.

I have a fat 1.5 ready and a skinny 1.5...or 1.25(fat), L0L

4. Tina & Sammy

Tina & Sammy Well-Known Member

Has she eaten her breakfast? Maybe wait a little longer and see where she is after her breakfast.

5. Heather and Jasper

usually when we're stalling to see if there is a rise for amps we do not feed first because we want to make sure that the cat is coming up on their own and that we are not shooting an artificial food spike.

6. carolynandlatte

90 yikes.
    i dont know about this.
    bcs may have to be a lot less than skinny 1.5....has not eaten over night so can only hope she will eat bfast good.

7. carolynandlatte

no bfast yet, no worries

8. carolynandlatte

Re: 1/12 Latte amps- 108 , +12.5 ~ 59 Help!

what the heck do i do with this?! crap!
    she actually may need some food here

9. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Re: 1/12 Latte amps- 108 , +12.5 - 59 Help!

This is certainly getting low! If it was me, I'd go ahead and feed since you don't want her to go to low, and do a bcs dose then test before you leave. You can always leave some food out for her if she feeds herself when she goes low.
    Heather, what do you think?

10. carolynandlatte

k i will offer bfast. she is a grazer and does not get much spike from qet.

brb

11. Heather and Jasper

I agree with Deb.

12. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

I was kinda thinking, if she kept dropping it might take u longer to bring her back up since u have to leave by +2.

hang in there Carolyn, and keep breathing.

13. carolynandlatte

if i did a bcs of say... .5 or .75 while this low, i still would not be able to shoot at normal time tonight right? we are an hr off and I really have no wiggle room this week.

i hate to skip and have nothing for her to fight off the terrible bounce

couldnt she do this on a day off?

14. Deb & Spot

You said you are an hour off...ok.....not sure if this is exactly true, but I believe that if Latte's numbers are on the higher side tonight, you could shoot a bit early by 1/2 hour.

15. carolynandlatte

Re: 1/12 Latte amps- 108 , +12.5 - 59, +13- 87, +13.5- 91

I know some of you may agree and some may disagree with my decision, but....*drumroll*

Im skipping it all together! :shock:

I know I (or she) will bear the ramifications tonight, unfortunately. But the alternative of not being home to monitor could be much worse. Im basing my decision on the following:
    1. no kibble over night...no possibility of a food spike bringing her up later.
    2. Not a reliable eater (though she has just eaten 3/4 can wellness turkey).
    3. All it takes is one vomiting episode, which can happen any time, while Im gone.
    4. Schedule! Schedule! Schedule! If I was working later, didnt have to work, could change around shot time ....but I have to go to work...and be on time.
    5. Im even debating if I can give her fluids at this point! I need to get her numbers UP before i can even do that...with no insulin in her.

Sometimes we have to do things we really dont want to...this would be one...for Latte's safety. this is what I need to do after much thought and consideration.

Thanks for the suggestions...it was helpful in making my decision and will help me make decisions in the future.

Now I must get ready for work! Ack! Will try to post a +14 before I head out

16. Tina & Sammy

Okay, I didn't realized that. I thought the reason we waiting until the cat at eaten was to see if she was going to spike up and need the full dose of insulin. This is good to know.

17. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Carolyn, whatever makes u comfortable, as they say. And u know Latte best.
    Keep us posted and we'll keep our paws crossed for a not-so-high PMPS.

18. Heather and Jasper

(((Carolyn and Latte)))

you know Latte best and you have to be comfortable where she is when you are not home, and you know she can recover from a "fur shot" quickly

19. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

You do a phenomenal job with Latte and, more importantly, you know her quirks. You make decisions based on her safety. If nothing else, you will know what happens in situations like this. And of course Latte would choose to do this on a day when you have no flex with your schedule -- she's a cat!

20. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Aw, too bad you couldn't be home to see where this actually went...but another chance will come on a day when you are around. Latte will recover from the missed dose in no time....and more importantly, you will not be worried all day! nailbite_smile But at least she saw the elusive Mr. Green today! :mrgreen:

P.S. Remember to take the Help! out of your subject line. :smile:

21. Tina & Sammy

Re: 1/12 Latte amps- 108 , +12.5 - 59, +13- 87, +13.5- 91

If it makes you feel any better, I too would have skipped the dose. I would rather error and have her go too high than too low, especially since you won’t be around to monitor. Just be ready for a high number, but maybe things will level themselves out on their own.

Good luck.

22. carolynandlatte

Re: 1/12 Latte amps- 108 , +12.5 - 59, +14-113 (no shot)

Sorry, going back and forth between phone and puter, getting ready for work, testing, feeding, etc.....forgot to change subject line.

a 113 at a +2 would be great, LOL....let alone a +14! Crazy cat.

Thanks again. I feel as good as one can feel about their decision. No regrets, even if I dont like her numbers later on. The best thing, was this decision was not based on panic and fear. I was surpisingly very calm inside and matter of fact with the processing. Very unusual for me (in other situations as well). So maybe this was latte trying to teach me something. :mrgreen:

Okay...I need to give her rest of meds, think I may do a little fluids, and fly out the door.

Thanks again everyone!

23. Deb & Spot

You made the right decision for you and Latte, Carolyn. It is more important for you to do what is comfortable to you then to have to sit at work and worry worry worry. Latte will recover from the fur shot, it's just one day. Look at today as another data gathering day!

:thumbup

24. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

Better to be safe! Latte might surprise you tonight with low numbers.

25. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

I would have skipped it too, but I'm a notorious big chicken. You have peace of mind today, and whatever happens to her numbers, I'm sure you'll get right back on track quickly.

26. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

((((Carolyn)))) I think almost everyone here has skipped a shot at one point or another. Not the end of the world. Sheds refill. :smile:

27. carolynandlatte

Re: 1/12 Latte amps- 108, +12.5 -59, +14-113, +22- 291

Most definately could be worse, and Im fully aware the game is not over...and may not be for a while. I am still very comfortable with my decision. With all the variables involved, this was the best way to go....even if she goes higher in the next 12hrs or so, I stand by it.

Again, thanks for those who chimed in with ideas. It definately got me thinking and learning about alternatives I *could* use in the future. Also, variables that may be different in her case, which I always need to consider (not eating/vomiting). Not wasted advice by any means. :mrgreen:

It seems a little kibble may be gone from her secondary kibble dish (she rarely eats out of it - instinct). But who knows, maybe it was last night. The last 24hrs has been quite a blur to me.

She is a happy camper and ate a little wellness b/c after I tested at +22.

Will try to tidy up condo...so many misspellings from typing off my phone, how did any of you understand half of what I was saying? :lol:, and update ss before shot time.

28. carolynandlatte

PMPS (+24)- 341...Questions

I was wondering if there is really any reason to be testing tonight? Except, I suppose before bed. If shed is depleted, or partially depleted than the insulin is not going to do much for her tonight, right? The only thing I might see is a possible decrease IF part of this high number is related to a bounce and it were to clear, right? Of course it will increase for a few hrs anyway, due to the pred.

Unless someone thinks there is a possibility of a noteworthy drop or good data to be gathered, I would prefer to leave her alone for the night and enjoy our evening together. Besides, not all that interested in seeing it continue to rise for a while.

29. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I would do a before bed test, but I don't think you need to worry about anything earlier.

Good decision making this morning. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.