1/11: Esse PMPS=186 3.25=148 +3.5=138 +4=120

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michele and Esse, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Today's running commentary:
    AMPS=354 Wellness Chicken for breakfast. WCR: Happy, ate, preening, being Esse.
    +1=316.
    +3=292 Yellow....yellow, yellow, yellow!!! :)
    +6.75=220...lunch has been served...she's just fine and dandy!
    +8=162. Food out, not interested; would rather hang out behind the computer monitor. Huh. Is this the start of a green night?
    +11.25=145
    PMPS=186. Wellness fed, shot 2.25. Hands quaking, 'cause I know what we're in for...
    +1=209. Can you say "food spike?" I knew you could...
    +2=184
    +2.75=138. Friskies Poultry Platter put out, Esse is feasting.
    +3.25=148, Esse is sleepin' after the feastin'...
    +3.5=138 Esse is feastin' after sleepin after feastin'.
    +4=120. I'm headed to bed. There is plenty of food out...so we'll see how she does through the night.
    Yesterdays condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2018

Well, I managed to get a lot of sleep - so much so that I blew through the 5 am alarm. LOL. By 90 minutes. I was honestly expecting something very high when I tested Esse, given all the mistakes I made yesterday; but she's at 354. Yes, that's high, but it's down dfrom yesterday, and she seems to be doing fine...so as soon as my laundry is dry, I'll be heading to the barn...and we'll see what Esse's numbers do.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Best-
    Michele

2. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Re: 1/11: Esse AMPS: 354

Esse! You are really good at providing the drama. Come on now. You looked so BEAUTIFUL in green!

(When in doubt, appeal to a cat's vanity.)

I hope things settle down for you, Michele. And sorry if I keep spelling your name incorrectly. (Must remember: one L, one L, one L...)

3. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 1/11: Esse AMPS: 354

Good morning Mz Esse, so good of you to keep the numbers down to something manageable.
    Keep up the good work. :RAHCAT

It's going to be a great day, so both of you enjoy it!

4. Michele and Esse

Re: 1/11: Esse AMPS: 354 +1=316

She's +1=316...she's coming down. How nice that the bounce wasn't too long...in spite of me. LOL. I actually think the bounce had three factors: 1: the amount of food I'd been pushing; 2: my woeful inability to actually shoot a decent dose, and 3: the fact that the dose I did manage to shoot was an hour late. So between the three issues, it's pretty cool to see her coming down through the pinks.

I'd be happy if we went blue today...but I'll be satisfied with some nice yellow, you know? If she can come down, and then stay down in the yellow, it would be really, really nice...

We'll see how things go. I will be heading for the barn in about an hour, but how long I stay is dependent upon where she is, and how fast she's dropping...and I've got an appointment this afternoon, so...we'll see how things progress.

And yes, Gayle, today will be a good day. (Lydia, don't worry about the correct spelling...my name tag for work is spelled with 2 L's too...LOL...)

Best-
    Michele

5. Michele and Esse

Re: 1/11: Esse AMPS: 354 +1=316 +3=292

She's back in the sunshine...yellow, yellow, yellow...292, fine, barely, but still, it's yellow, and I'll take it.

One of the things I was really worried about was a precipitous drop - like the other day when she did 400 points in 4 hours. But she's coming down gradually, which, to me, means she's more likely to stay in yellow than pop back to red. But it's Esse, so who knows.

I'm heading to the barn shortly, will ride, and then come back, grab a shower, and head to my appointment this afternoon (my yearly physical for school). After that, it's home, and rest and relaxation; this is going to be a busy week. I've got three appointments at school, a whole bunch of "before school starts" stuff to do, and Pop's fridge to stock up...so this will be a good, busy week. Hopefully, all will be well with Esse, so I can get it all done...and she's starting out right!

Best-
    Michele

6. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Hope she continues to surf nicely. Have a nice ride and then relax.

7. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

She'll sing in the sunshine,
    She'll laugh every day-ay-ay-ay ay!
    She'll sing in the sunshine,
    Then she'll be in her way
    (Into the blues into the blue into the blues, yeah)

And if you don't know that song, you probably are scratching your head right now.

8. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Well, Mz Esse, how good of you to get into those wonderful sunshiny yellows!
    You just bask in them and have happy dreams about a slow and gradual trip into the blues.

What a good job you are doing Esse; you are winning and before you know it, you will be rolling in a world of greens.

Psst, Esse, now that the bean is happy, it's a good time to make some demands, like special treats and belly rubs. Be sure to delete this reply once you have read it and before the bean sees it. ;-)

9. Michele and Esse

What I can remember of that song is Helen Reddy and the Muppets show...not sure if I'm right or wrong, though...

And Gayle, she's always getting belly rubs, and lots of lovies...I don't do treats per se, but she gets all the lovies she wants...whenever she wants.

Because....she....is...at...220!

"Sunshine on my shoulders, feels so lovely..."

I wonder if she'll go blue tonight? She just might...I just don't understand what's happening. In the past, she'd be sky high for days...but not this time (antijinx...)...maybe her liver is learning?? And maybe her pancrepainintheass is waking up? Dunno...but I'm liking this slow decline...far more comfortable (and easier on her) than a 400 point drop in 4 hours...

Best-
    Michele

10. Michele and Esse

Re: 1/11: Esse AMPS: 354 +1=316 +3=292 +6.75=220 Uh...+8=162

"Gonna sail the ocean blue
    Til I find the green,
    Gonna sail, sail, sail,
    And gonna scare the bean..."

(If you know that song, I'm impressed. I just wrote it. LOLOL)

She is, at +8, 162. I have to see my Dr., then go by Dads, and then get some more strips, and then come home...I'm wondering about this number...this rebound cleared really, really fast (for her). I wonder how low we can go...and how scared to shoot I'll be come 6:30 pm...she's been known to double dip...yikes. I thought we'd get blue tonight, and green tomorrow. She, apparently, has other plans. I think she's been reading Basil's condo...

Best-
    Michele

11. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

This is a good direction! Of course, she KNEW you needed to go out. LOL

12. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

It's like a history of music in this condo today!

Nice slow drop Esse...nice and easy...cause I'm easy, easy like Sunday morning.

U know I had to do that!

Paws crossed for the PMPS

13. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Nice song, Amy :D

14. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Hi Michele 1L,
    I hope you caught up on your sleepus last night because it looks like Ms. Esse is fed up with RBC already! :mrgreen:

15. Michele and Esse

Yeah, I did figure we're trying for the third reduction in less than 7 days - if I can manage to shoot the full 2.25 at 6:30. I stopped by and got more strips, just because I thought better safe than sorry; and yeah she came down from that rebound really, really fast. Even with the 1 unit yesterday morning.

She's at 145 at 11.25...and she just had a few bites of food left down from lunch...

So. Should I shoot the full dose, or shoot 2U and give her the reduction in advance?

I suspect we'll go green either way...how fast we'll go is anyone's guess. How low she'll go is also anyone's guess, although I suspect she likes the low greens...and if I shoot, she won't nadir until 12:30 at least (and as you can see by today, she hasn't yet managed to nadir...).

I don't quite understand what's happening. I'd figure rebound clearance, except I did only shoot the 1 unit yesterday morning...her diet's changed back to Wellness as a regular food...so I'm really unclear as to what mechanism is happening. Shed full? Overflowing? Her liver quit? Just dunno...

So opinions of course are always welcome and needed...

Best-
    Michele

16. Michele and Esse

Yes, I know you had to throw in some Lionel Richie in there...great choice.

However, she's groovin to
    "Take it easy, take it easy
    Don't let the sound of your own wheels
    drive you crazy
    Lighten up while you still can
    don't even try to understand
    Just find a place to make your stand
    and take it easy"

'Cause the album that came from is one that I've found equates to Esse and regulation...ROFL! (Can you name the artist/album??)

Best-
    Michele

17. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Re: 1/11: Esse AMPS: +11.25=145...erm...what now?

hmmmm I don't think you can anticipate a dosecrease (unless it's an unshootable number).... I thinkus you gotta go for it girl. Got strips, got gravy, gonna be home.... go!

18. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Take it Easy, by the Eagles.

Now can you do it? Take it easy, I mean? Almost PMPS ... I hear your teeth chattering all the way to the eastern time zone. :lol:

19. Barbara and tuffy

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. See where the PMPS is. And, IMHO, unless it is really low I think I would shoot. Hopefully someone with more experience will be along before then. If not, bump yourself to the top.

20. Michele and Esse

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

That is so not the answer I want.

OTOH, that's the answr I expected....full bottle of strips, some medium carb and some high carb Whiskas and gravy sitting out on the counter already.

The whole thing, huh?

Not even any discussion? Not a potential option? Just blammo, shoot the whole thing...let her actually earn the decrease?

Srsly? RLY?? Uhaz keedn bean ldy....

Sigh.

Best-
    Michele

21. Michele and Esse

Yeah, but from which album? (One of my fav Eagles albums ever). And no, I can't take it easy. I am not a happy lady at the moment...

Yes, the teeth are chattering to be sure...and the hands are shaking, too. Good grief.

Best-
    Michele

22. Barbara and tuffy

What is her PMPS? Have it yet. Of course, we do not shoot the numbers. According to her SS she has not earned another dosecrease. Hopefully one of our experienced people will be along. Good luck, I'll keep watching. The only thing I know is if you keep reducing you can loose momentum. Been there done that.

23. Michele and Esse

The sage from FLA...she's 186. Of course, she ate a little bit a little while ago, so that's probably what we're seeing.

But at least I'm more comfortable shooting 2.25 with this PMPS...

Best-
    Michele

24. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

You must put on your super-hero cape and be willing to shoot, assuming the experienced folks clear you for takeoff!

I visited Standin on the Corner Park in Wnslow, AZ this fall, BTW. Of course, Jackson Browne wrote the song, but the prk is all about the Eagles.

25. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Keep in mind this is not the same dose that brought you to your knees the other night. You've decreased from that 2.5unit.
    I have hopes that this will be green, but not scary green, like the monster from the green lagoon or something.

What is Esse now? We can stall a little to see if she is continuing to drop or beginning to rise.
    Ah, I see I was too slow a typist again. SHOOT that kitty!

P.S. Debut album; Eagles. 1972 (you were in diapers probably.)

26. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

May I be blunt? Good, I will. :mrgreen:

anti-jinx all over this post, of course, but Ms. Esse is already doing well in liver training school. Really well. Do you want Esse to have a chance to go OTJ? Then work it. Trust me, the lost sleep now can pay off BIG TIME in the near future. It is worth every extra cup of coffee you have to make to get yourself through the next day. I wouldn't be saying this if I didn't think Esse has a good chance at getting there (because not everybody can). Now she is in liver training school, and the way to graduate is to keep showing her green numbers over and over and over until her liver gets it, and the bounces change from red to yellow to blue to green. It's beautiful when it happens, and this protocol has a great track record if you work it.

Was I too subtle? :lol: Now you know my opinion, what is yours?

27. Michele and Esse

Nope, I was in school. 2nd grade. Didn't know about the Eagles then, but learned soon after, and went to see their "Hell Freezes Over" tour in the early 90s...have been a huge fan of theirs all my musical life...and yes, it was their debut album (although I took it from their tour...sorry, got my dates confused...).

I poked.

I fed.

I shot.

I'm quaking in my boots...

Best-
    Michele

28. Michele and Esse

My opinion is yes, I agree.

My heart, otoh, screams at me to not shoot the whole thing, am I crazy, yes the dose is decreased but so has the starting number; and so has her diet; and so has the day (had to find a third there to keep the balance...).

Too late now, I've shot the whole 2.25.

Now we wait and see...

Best-
    Michele

29. Michele and Esse

Re: 1/11: Esse PMPS=186 +1=209

Heaving a sigh of relief...209 at +1. I know we're not anywhere near out of the woods, but...I am so happy it's up a bit...I should feel sad, but I am looking forward to getting some sleep tonight...and this means maybe I can.

Best-
    Michele

30. Michele and Esse

Re: 1/11: Esse PMPS=186 +1=209 +2=184

+2=184. Do any of you have any idea how hard it is to do a poke when the cat is asleep behind the computer monitor? Good grief. We managed anyway, and she's back in the kitchen eating...

We shall see what 9:30 brings...

Best-
    Michele

31. Michele and Esse

Re: 1/11: Esse PMPS=186 +1=209 +2=184 +2.75=138

+2.75=138. Put out lc Friskies Poultry Platter, and she is feasting. Trying to control the slide even a little bit...if it slows, I can probably go to bed...she has been much farther down at +3 before, so I'm not terribly worried, and there was one night that I went to bed when she was 119 but she was rising then. So...not sure what I should do, other than what I've done...and give it another 30 minutes or so; but I'm a tired girl, and I honestly don't think there will be the tumble into the basement we've seen before. Probably because she's been descending slowly and in a 'controlled' manner, and it's not quite as fast as she's been at other times.

Anyway, that's the thoughts...

Best-
    Michele

32. joyce-tuscany(GA)

joyce-tuscany(GA) Well-Known Member

Hey Michele, I hope you have a nice slower drop for Esse - I mean it isn't going to be 400 points is it! I have a feeling though your are going to have the rest of us Green over envy of her numbers. Remember- usually the lantus is just starting to kick in about now..... and maybe you will get another dosecrease out of it.

I can't go to bed and get up to test. Best I can do is catnap on the couch with a timer going. Sometimes if anyone is around I'll join them in the pool (you have found the pool and the back up board haven't you?)

33. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

This looks like it could be a surf. I think a lot is going to depend on what your next test looks like. Is Esse gathering momentum or leveling out? I would keep feeding the curve.

34. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Michele!

Not again?! These guys have definitely got some cat ESP going on.

35. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

The two of you gotta talk to your kitties. If they keep up this competition, no one is going to get any sleep!!

36. Michele and Esse

I know, Lydia. There is really no other explanation for it. If we lived in the same town, I'd say it was the water...but we're on opposite sides of the country, for pete's sake!

Sienne, I'm feeding the surf, how I can. Do you think if I left out enough food, and that the test is decent, I might be able to get to bed? I'm very tired - went a lot of places and did a lot of things today - and I am just tired...

She is 3.25=148. A wee bit higher, but again, I just put out some food for her, too...so this is probably a food spike.

You know, in looking at my spreadsheet, the last few times she plummeted, it was right about now that she did that. She's been coming down gently all day; not diving at all...just drifting down gently and slowly. So...what do you all think? BTW, I've tried the napping on the sofa thing, but once I manage to get to sleep, 9 kitties can't wake me (and only a +5 EQ or a thunderstorm will)...

And Joyce, you're right - this can't be an epic 400 point drop! LOL. And while I'd love a decrease...I don't have the energy to stay up and get it. LOLOL...still, several decreases over the last few days...that's a good week, you know? LOL...

WCR: Sleeping, of course, 'cause she has a full belly. Her ear didn't bleed nearly like the last time, and I've noticed that if she bleeds freely, she's usually in the lower 100s or below. Cannot tell you why that is, but it seems to be the case with her. Course, she hasn't been in the low 100s a lot, so I may just be totally wrong (and it would NOT be the first nor last time...)...

Best-
    Michele

Best-
    Michele

37. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Re: 1/11: Esse PMPS=186 +1=209 +2=184 +2.75=138 +3.25=148

My son was just saying tonight that he thinks when basil's blood is thin, the numbers seem to be lower.

38. Michele and Esse

Re: 1/11: Esse PMPS=186 +1=209 +2=184 +2.75=138 +3.25=148

The only thing I can attribute it to is that when the sugar is not in the blood but in the cells where it belongs, the blood has a better "fluidity" to it, and is less viscous. Glucose molecules are, for molecules, fairly large; I can imagine when you have a lot of them in a place a lot of them aren't supposed to be, they sort of 'clog' things up.

But I really don't know. But it's way cool that your son has noticed the same thing. Maybe we should do some observational thing with it? Like note in our ss what the blood was like, and see if there isn't, over time, a correlation?

And yes, I do come up with weird science experiments when I'm sleepy. It always makes sense at the time, too...rarely in the glaring sunlight does the sense remain, however. ohmygod_smile

Best-
    Michele

39. Michele and Esse

Re: 1/11: Esse PMPS=186 3.25=148 +3.5=138

So there she was, lurking the kitchen after waking up from her post feast nap...all of 15 minutes. She wanted more...so I put more down, and tested her. 138.

Here are my thoughts. She has 85 or so points to drop before she gets into danger range, and she's been fine as low as 39. While I have actually no experience with these numbers at this time, from this starting point and with food on board (how's that for a disclaimer?), I looked for, and didn't see, any plunge which started after +3.5. I see several where I caught it later than +3.5, but the starting/caught numbers would indicate the drop had been going on for a while already. KWIM? So my thought is it's fairly safe - with food out - to head to snoozeland for me...with the alarm set for 5 am so I can get a good two tests in before she has AMPS.

What think you?

Best-
    Michele

40. Barb and Tori

Barb and Tori Well-Known Member

What's with all these kitties trying to make sure that their Beans are sleep deprived by morning.?

I hope Esse will stay where she is and not go too much lower for you.

41. Michele and Esse

From your lips to God's Ear (or St. Francis', whichever is closer...LOL).

I am already sleep deprived; and to be honest, when school starts next week, I will have to go to bed no matter what at +2 or so; I can't be sleep deprived in nursing school...that's how people die. So I'm thinking I should 'practice' going to sleep now. LOL...but only sorta.

Best-
    Michele

42. Michele and Esse

I'm heading to bed. There is, quite literally, an entire day's worth of food out. She is going to be fine (please God...)...but I won't be if I don't crawl into bed.

Best-
    Michele

43. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Esse will be fine. She's surfing. No worries.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.